Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Stupid **** that pops into my head

Comments

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,108 ✭✭✭✭✭

This stupid thought pops into my head often. So now you're going to hear about it.

I can't believe everyone's wearing polyester pants and stuff again, myself included. It used to be that you were a joke,.. an out of touch, old dude if you wore stretchy Sans-a-belt pants. Leisure suits were the last polyester thing I remember wearing before the cotton revolt. "Cotton breathes" they told us. "Polyester is unnatural" they told us. But here we are again.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,342 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:
    I had something good and stupid to post but it has since popped back out of my head.

Having a two way brain is an important asset.

• Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a confession. Please don't tell anyone... I think the Cybertruck looks awesome. (I am not even remotely considering buying one, don't worry).

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭✭✭

An off-road version with a V8 might not be so bad.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

In a world of customization and personalization,…is there a way to do this? I want my phone/computer devices to understand the following rule: The word football ALWAYS means American football, never soccer.

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

They do that to give the appearance of boosted ratings

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,781 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bob_Luken said:
    In a world of customization and personalization,…is there a way to do this? I want my phone/computer devices to understand the following rule: The word football ALWAYS means American football, never soccer.

Yeah and when um speech to texting about a cigar WRAPPER, I'm not talking about a RAPPER.

Don't look ↑
  • Options

Have you ever noticed that they have chicken eggs in the grocery store but never turkey eggs?

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,892 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

I would like to try them. Some day.

• Options

Tastes like chicken.

• Options

When mohammed invented the Islamic religion, why did he make it 72 virgins for dying during terrorist acts? Why not an even 50? Where were all the virgins supposed to come from?

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:
    When mohammed invented the Islamic religion, why did he make it 72 virgins for dying during terrorist acts? Why not an even 50? Where were all the virgins supposed to come from?

I think most of them were the guys wearing exploding vests.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,180 ✭✭✭✭✭

It seems like in the summer the sun sets and it's still light out for half an hour/forty five minutes. Now when the sun goes down it seems like it's dark in no time. I'm probably wrong but it just seems that way.

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@ShawnOL said:

I think most of them were the guys wearing exploding vests.

I don’t believe it specifies “female” virgins 🤣

• Options

@Yakster said:
    Twilight is longer in the summer due to the shallower angle of the sun versus the shorter twilight we get in winter when the sun is lower in the sky.

Also intensity changes

• Options

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭✭✭

Which orange came first… the color or the fruit?

• Options

Why was there no disclaimer?
    Somebody is going to be dumb enough to send grandma down the hill on a plastic sled.
    https://youtu.be/SX6JPpXZxYA?si=4QCUwuUlkTBNvcJH

• Options

If 4 is spelled four, why is 40 not spelled fourty?

• Options

lol, same reason two isn't spelled twoty I guess.

• Options

Nice research, Bob. I always wondered why there wasn't an eleventy seven.