Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Political Discussions

Comments

• Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse
    Funny, debt certainly doesn't feel like a good thing. I think I'll have to disagree with Trump on this one.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022

@Hobbes86 said:
    I know this is off the current topic, but it is on my mind. I don't think folks who paid off their student loans or never even took any out, should have to pay for the student loans of others.

I have substantial student loan debt, nobodies fault but my own for being thoughtless and irresponsible. I'm on the hook for it and I will pay my own debts back.

Everyone has the right to their own opinion but that's a bad one.... that's like saying even though the stimulus checks are absolutely ridiculous and should have never been done I'm going to do the right thing and figure out how to mail a check back because it's the right thing to do. How about you do the right thing "in my opinion" and do what you think is right with the money you saved. Spend it in our economy or don't you do you... but trying to feel better by saying you're doing the right thing by not wanting it and paying your own way is stupid...I admit I feel what your saying but I'd still do the smart thing! Every other piece of shït who went to school for nothing useful will feel they deserve it and take it happily so why not you a reasonable God fearing white male😉
    Edit: after reading your statement again maybe you didn't mean you wouldn't take it just that it's a stupid idea... so sorry if I blew up...love you

• Options

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know a guy, racked up a massive student loan debt over 6 years. Got a degree in city planning. Lived a pretty good life while doing it. Refuses to work anything that pays him enough money to actually have to repay his loans.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know a guy who took $60,000 out of his 401k retirement to "help" pay for his kids school. Almost took care of 2 years of schooling.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,799 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:
    I know a guy who knows a guy who consolidated his school loans into one loan, and now they're no longer considered school loans or eligible for this Biden nonsense that is nothing more than a thinly-veiled effort to secure more votes.

I agree. Republicans be like "Dammnn..... wish we thought of this!"

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,469 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022

@Vision said:

@peter4jc said:
    I know a guy who knows a guy who consolidated his school loans into one loan, and now they're no longer considered school loans or eligible for this Biden nonsense that is nothing more than a thinly-veiled effort to secure more votes.

I agree. Republicans be like "Dammnn..... wish we thought of this!"

Edit: .

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭✭✭

Putting this in here now before polls close just for chuckles. Curious how wrong or right it'll be, considering how off it's been since 2016.

• Options

The chosen one announces a second run and nothing..... come on guys..... anything......?....... something....?...?.....

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Vision said:
    The chosen one announces a second run and nothing..... come on guys..... anything......?....... something....?...?.....

OK, since you asked.

After Jan 6th, anyone who hasn't seen through the DT is deliberately closing their eyes, or was blind to start with. I was just starting to dare to hope that he wasn't really just a total ass-clown when Jan 6th rolled around and I watched it all unfold. He wants to be America's own Robert Mugabe.

On other fronts, I'm amazed that I'm delighted to see Mitch McConnell remain in place. How can this be? The other choice was Rick Scott, otherwise known to me as Beelzebubs tutor and mentor.

As far as Pelosi stepping down, long overdue, but will probably turn out to be a case of 6 of this or half a dozen of that. The Dumbocrats have had their collective heads in full sigmoidal immersion for so long that they'll have to come out for air for awhile before I have any faith in them, either.

Now, I'm going out to shoot some garden gnomes, little bahstards have been pizzing on my yard.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't say Dumbocrats... @vision will be insulted.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,816 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:

Now, I'm going out to shoot some garden gnomes, little bahstards have been pizzing on my yard.

Hey now!

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

Politics makes sane people crazy.

• Options
    edited November 2022

@peter4jc said:

Wait, I may have misunderstood "the chosen one". Wasn't that Barry O? He can't run again, can he?

Truth be told, we could do worse, and have.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

I think the correct political decision atleast for the party would have been Trump backing DeSantis.

• Options

And no I can't back the opinion it's just an observation from what little I know

• Options

@peter4jc said:

Go easy there buster. There is an R next to my name...... shhheeesh

• Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll have an interesting decision to make this primary season, since I live in Iowa and we set the tone for the rest of the race. Do I vote for the candidate who I most align with, or do I vote for whoever has the best chance to beat Trump? It'll be interesting seeing how the campaigns go, I think I'm going to try to go to some events and see if I can ask some of these people some direct questions about things like insider trading and the use of Super PAC's.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022

The Donald will likely win the primary and lose the election, according to the guy who was his ghost writer for The Art of the Deal.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will vote against whichever (D)bag gets that party's nomination. Trump, DeSantis, Cruz, dead body. All would do better.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

I could get excited about a Kasich / Cheney ticket. Don't care who's on top, but I'd just love to see intelligence and integrity in a Presidential team.

I don't think there's a Democrat team I could get excited about, but they may pull something out of a hat. Doubtful though, since intelligence and integrity are not nearly as important to their racist and sexist agenda, they'll pick their candidates on the basis of skin color and stated gender affiliation, which count for nothing with me, because I'm neither a sexist nor a racist.

• Options

@Jrflickster said:
    I think the correct political decision atleast for the party would have been Trump backing DeSantis.

For what it's worth, Jim, I agree with you. DeSantis is the best bet Republicans have and Trump needs to come to terms with that.

• Options

All I'm certain of is that the republican party can't afford to back someone everyone in the party can't get behind, like the democrats did in 2016. I voted for trump and probably would again but....

• Options

And I know trump gives no shïts who backs him I just hope it doesn't hurt the party as whole because he's so proud of himself

• Options

@Jrflickster said:
    And I know trump gives no shïts who backs him I just hope it doesn't hurt the party as whole because he's so proud of himself

I agree with you whole-heartedly.