Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Political Discussions

Comments

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,085 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bob_Luken said:

@VegasFrank said:

The very bottom of bottom lines in the abortion debate are that the pro birthers Believe that abortion is the murdering of human life. The anti birthers feel that it's not. If a Christian says that he or she is right because the Bible told him so, but the other person doesn't believe in the Bible, then the law preventing one side from doing The other side from doing something is based on a book that the other person doesn't believe!

@VegasFrank Nope. That ain't the bottom line at all. The first part is correct, but then you bring all that gobbledygook. You're drawing a hard division between Christians and everybody else. Nobody has to be Christian to oppose abortion.

That's horseshït. I'm not Christian and I'm against abortion. I said so above, but you stopped reading. Try again.

The reasonable scientific fact? An embryo cannot survive on its own. It is literally a cell cluster, then a large artery with a cell cluster, then a glow worm...etc. yes it has DNA, but so does sperm and poop. That's reasonable to them. Not good enough for you? I understand that. Now you know how they feel about the Bible passages....same way. That's all I'm saying

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options

@peter4jc said:

(All that stuff)

Yes, I'm saying that when the government starts recognizing the fetus as a person, then abortion becomes illegal. That's one logic anyways. It doesn't have to be social security numbers and Obamacare, but those would be possible ways.

No, I'm not saying that thing about minute before and minute after. The government recognizes that life as viable and aborting a 40 week fetus is illegal. And 30. And 22 in most states, if not all.

As for society needing to conclude it's wrong, I disagree with you even though I love you. If my wife was going to die, I'd abort the baby myself if I had to. Damn the Bible or the law.

Remember, the Thomas decision puts the onus on the states, something constitutionalists love. Now let the states do their work and let them manage it...even if you disagree with that state.

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,721 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was going to put this in the coronavirus thread, but it's better here...

The tennis pro, Djokovic, is unvaccinated and so he can't come to compete in the US Open because of travel restrictions on those entering the U.S. Why do we have this ban on unvaccinated travelers coming here? How does this tally with the thousands of unvaccinated (assuming here) people immigrating across our southern border?

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭✭✭

Certain politicians are trying to hold onto restrictions in an effort to lend Corona Virus, and therefore the government overreach, credibility.

The restrictions don't apply to the southern border because some Democrats don't want to stifle what they figure to be an influx of Democrat voters. Other Democrat politicians allow it because they have a need to feel like good humanitarians regardless of whether or not their logic or compassion is consistently applied.

My two cents worth.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022

Can someone please explain to me how someone who is here "illegally", can register to vote.... And if you believe this is happening then you believe that they would risk being caught being here "illegally" to of all things..... fvcking vote. Seriously now. Does anybody truly believe in their heart that this is happening? That an "illegal" to this country is literally driving a car "illegally", up to a polling station, to risk their "freedom", to vote for somebody they probably don't give a sh|t about one bit. Come on now. It's not like they can collect services if they are here undocumented. So how does it matter who they vote for? Don't be a lemming.

Edit: Adding

And then let me guess. Do you think that they are stealing jobs from Americans too? Most 35-year-olds are champing at the bit to work at McDonald's until midnight to make 15 bucks an hour. Hell it gets even worse. I know a ton of 23 year olds that are dying to get up at 6 AM so they can work till 6 PM landscaping and laying pavers all day for crappy pay and no benefits. Man they've got it so good don't they?

Found this too.....
    https://ofhsoupkitchen.org/charity-bible-verses

Just wanted to make sure you guys aren't just standing in line in the Cafeteria.

Post edited by Vision on
  • Options

Those illegals probably can't work at McDonald's. It's a multinational corporation and takes its I-9 filings seriously. However, most 35-year-olds are champing at the bit to pick strawberries for 6 bucks a day or clean houses for four bucks an hour. The ironic part of that is that the strawberry farmer and the person hiring the housekeeper is likely a conservative voter. Lmao!

• Options

@Vision
    They are here illegally because they didn't go through the proper channels to be here legally. This is not unique to America, as far as I know all developed nations have immigration laws.

I don't know if they are voting or not, but I do think some Democrats figure they will support them if they are somehow voting. I also think it is unwise to assume an illegal immigrant can't, or won't vote. There are many reports of votes being attributed to dead people, votes coming from addresses that are long abandoned, multiple votes attributed to the same individual, and votes being attributed to people who never voted. Our system isn't perfect and those implementing it aren't always honest.

I don't think illegal immigrants are taking jobs that Americans typically want.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,348 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, dinner factions here in San Jose want to give illegal aliens the vote.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pete, illegals do often vote. They also drive illegally everywhere. They are illegals, they do not care about laws or they wouldn't be here illegally. They also do collect "benefits". The leftists don't care, it benefits them. There's a reason why the right wants closed borders and the left wants to erase the border. Don't drink the kool-aid you've been offered. It lulls you into complacency and apathy.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,545 ✭✭✭✭✭

Funny how times change.

When I was a kid, the only people in the world who wanted to "seal the borders" of their countries were totalitarian communists, or so we were told. We were also told that America was "the great melting pot", leader in freedom, "give me your tired, your poor,...yearning to be free, etc."

Back in those days, people calling themselves Christians could pretty much be counted on to be the ones opening and maintaining shelters, feeding the homeless, finding work for migrant families, things like that. Those kinds of Christians seem to be becoming an endangered species these days. Hard to find.

I wonder, will those desiring sealed borders be the same ones screeching "You can't do this to me, I'm an American citizen!" at the TSA agents who detain them, thus ruining their vacation?

Here's a Mark Twain quote:
    "It is by the goodness of God that in our country we have those three unspeakably precious things: freedom of speech, freedom of conscience, and the prudence never to practice either of them."

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

Well, maybe times don't change all that much.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

@ShawnOL said:
    Pete, illegals do often vote. They also drive illegally everywhere. They are illegals, they do not care about laws or they wouldn't be here illegally. They also do collect "benefits". The leftists don't care, it benefits them. There's a reason why the right wants closed borders and the left wants to erase the border. Don't drink the kool-aid you've been offered. It lulls you into complacency and apathy.

Shawn... they don't. They don't go down to a polling location, walk past a police officer (probably a Republican), then go vote..... If you had a few cocktails.... would you willing pass thru a DUI stop? Nope. You wouldn't risk it. Neither are they.

• Options

Also. I work with a bunch of guys and gals, here legally, who literally laugh at people who think this is a thing.

• Options

Logically think of this. If you were here illegally you truly would believe that there are people risking all that has taken them to get here to go vote? You really believe that voting is important to somebody here illegally? You believe that they believe their vote is going to change something if at all anything? Oh come on. You can't be this naïve. The Kool-Aid that you say I drink..... It's the drink of choice of the republican party.

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,796 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's the illegal part that I don't support. Legal immigration has always been part of our country and should always be. Open borders like we are seeing now is just another drain on our already weak economy that will continue. See the articles posted today on many news outlets. New York City has illegals in $700 hotel rooms. Someone has to pay for them, the hotels aren't doing it for nothing.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options

Also let me be very clear. I do believe that the border situation needs to be fixed. Our orange leader did nothing to little to do anything about this. Numbers did not dramatically plummet.

• Options

• Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options

I'm far more suspicious of computer generated fraud in voting than in the notion that illegal immigrants are risking their lives to vote in our elections. Heck, what's the percentage of natural born citizens that don't vote? If either party really wants voters, seems like those people would be easier to entice, or coerce, wouldn't it?

Generation after Generation keep falling for the same mob mentality mind games. What is it about hate that's so appealing to so many?

• Options

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    I'm far more suspicious of computer generated fraud in voting than in the notion that illegal immigrants are risking their lives to vote in our elections. Heck, what's the percentage of natural born citizens that don't vote? If either party really wants voters, seems like those people would be easier to entice, or coerce, wouldn't it?

Generation after Generation keep falling for the same mob mentality mind games. What is it about hate that's so appealing to so many?

Why do you immediately attribute people being wary of illegal immigrants and their potential voting as hate?

• Options

@Hobbes86 said:

@Amos_Umwhat said:

Why do you immediately attribute people being wary of illegal immigrants and their potential voting as hate?

Sorry, you missed the point. It's a MUCH larger point.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,721 ✭✭✭✭✭

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    edited August 2022

I guess, to clarify, I should ask you, why do you deny that politicians use fear and hate to manipulate public opinion?

Now, I doubt that you deny that, but it's a close simile to the question you asked me.

To further clarify, the point that I am making is that this is just more of the same old song and dance. For example, the dirty savages are going to kill us all, the Jews are all criminals, the Irish are all lazy and shiftless and drunk, the Germans are all heartless control freaks, all Italians are mafioso, the freed slaves are all just waiting for a chance to rape your daughters, anyone who uses Marijuana more than twice will become an insane child rapist, need I go on?

So, I hear loud echoes of that brand of thinking in the new manipulation that Mexicans and central Americans are flooding the ballot box.

Sounds like the same old thing to me. Maybe I'm wrong, stranger things have happened.

• Options

@Amos_Umwhat
    You chose to only mention hate as a motivator, so naturally I had to question it.

• Options

@IndustMech said:

How did these numbers compare to Obamas eight years in office?

• Options

I know this is off the current topic, but it is on my mind. I don't think folks who paid off their student loans or never even took any out, should have to pay for the student loans of others.

I have substantial student loan debt, nobodies fault but my own for being thoughtless and irresponsible. I'm on the hook for it and I will pay my own debts back.

• Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Vision said:

@IndustMech said:

How did these numbers compare to Obamas eight years in office?

Obamas numbers were similar to 2020

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,670 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think Trump said something about debt being a good thing, or maybe it was the bankers.

"I’m the king of debt. I’m great with debt. Nobody knows debt better than me,” Trump told Norah O’Donnell in an interview that aired on “CBS This Morning.” “I’ve made a fortune by using debt, and if things don’t work out I renegotiate the debt. I mean, that’s a smart thing, not a stupid thing.”

“How do you renegotiate the debt?” O’Donnell followed up.

“You go back and you say, hey guess what, the economy crashed,” Trump replied. “I’m going to give you back half.”