Home Non Cigar Related

Political Discussions

Comments

• TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:

@TRayB said:

@VegasFrank said:

@TRayB said:
    We're about to find out what leftists really think about gun violence now. Motherfvckers.

Doesn't everyone think the same thing about gun violence?

Not when it's used against someone they hate, no. I think you know this, though.
    In fact, I just saw two guys at the place I am at looking at their phones and high-fiving each other.

Well what do you know. If that's true then I'm sure that there would be people who would high-five if it would have happened to the other guy too. Learn something everyday.

Our country is close to over though. When random guy on a cigar forum calls people with different political ideologies motherfvckers for something that he didn't know they had done, you know we're in trouble. The vitriol!

Oh, I know there would be people on the other side high-fiving if someone tried to shoot Biden (which I will point out, hasn't happened), and I've called them out on a firearms forum I am a member of. So, when it turns out the person who dd the shooting was a leftist, which it currently appears is the case, then what? And you know I'm right, the shooter will be shown to be a leftist idiot pushed over the edge by TDS.

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,420 ✭✭✭✭✭

BBC said shooter is a 20 year old, donated 15$ to a progressive PAC when Biden got elected, but registered Republican. Confused kid, probably shouldn't have had access to a gun.

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,738 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TRayB said:

@VegasFrank said:

@TRayB said:

@VegasFrank said:

@TRayB said:
    We're about to find out what leftists really think about gun violence now. Motherfvckers.

Doesn't everyone think the same thing about gun violence?

Not when it's used against someone they hate, no. I think you know this, though.
    In fact, I just saw two guys at the place I am at looking at their phones and high-fiving each other.

Well what do you know. If that's true then I'm sure that there would be people who would high-five if it would have happened to the other guy too. Learn something everyday.

Our country is close to over though. When random guy on a cigar forum calls people with different political ideologies motherfvckers for something that he didn't know they had done, you know we're in trouble. The vitriol!

Oh, I know there would be people on the other side high-fiving if someone tried to shoot Biden (which I will point out, hasn't happened), and I've called them out on a firearms forum I am a member of. So, when it turns out the person who dd the shooting was a leftist, which it currently appears is the case, then what? And you know I'm right, the shooter will be shown to be a leftist idiot pushed over the edge by TDS.

Well that's not such a hot take. Of course the kid doesn't like trumpty Dumpty's politics. 8 mean, it wouldn't be a fan boy, right?

Don't know what tds is but I'm guessing the T is for trump and all the trumpettes use it as a rallying cry of some sort.

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭✭✭

The kid was probably just trying to save democracy.

A little dirt never hurt

@dirtdude said:

Yep. Missed by an inch. Too soon? Okay that was over the top....

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • VisionVision Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:

@dirtdude said:

Sorry guys.... That one flew right by me. But I do hear what you're saying. I may need bullet points on this subject tho. I won't take this lying down!

• TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 14

@VegasFrank said:

@dirtdude said:

Certainly not over the top, based on the early established standard. In fact, kinda pedestrian.

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

In a way you can credit DEI for this image. This female secret service agent is too short to fully create that all important human shield and Trump gestures through the empty space she provides.

• Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:

@Vision said:
    Sorry guys.... That one flew right by me. But I do hear what you're saying. I may need bullet points on this subject tho. I won't take this lying down!

A bystander was killed. Don't forget that.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

@TRayB said:

@VegasFrank said:

@dirtdude said:

Certainly not over the top, based on the early established standard. In fact, kinda pedestrian.

And the recent standard.
    Here's the May '24 magazine cover of The New Republic

https://newrepublic.com/series/37/trump-2024-american-fascism-series
    And the articles of doom and gloom over a possible Trum second presidency
    https://newrepublic.com/article/181258/american-fascism-look-like

https://newrepublic.com/article/181224/day-one-dictatorship

In hindsight, I bet Biden wishes he hadn't said recently "It’s time to put Trump in the bullseye"

On July 8th Biden said: “I have one job and that’s to beat Donald Trump … I’m absolutely certain I’m the best person to be able to do that.”
    He continued: “So, we’re done talking about the debate. It’s time to put Trump in the bullseye. He’s gotten away with doing nothing for the last 10 days except ride around in his golf cart, bragging about scores he didn’t score … Anyway, I won’t get into his golf game.”

edited July 14

(He did fire her)

Rep. Thompson’s field director draws criticism for Trump shooting post

Story by Kaitlin Howell

NATCHEZ, Miss. (WJTV) – A Natchez woman, who works for U.S. Rep. Bennie Thompson (D-Miss.), is now at the center of controversy for a Facebook post she made after a shooting during Donald Trump’s rally on Saturday.

The Natchez Democrat reported Jacqueline Marsaw’s post seemed to encourage the shooter at the Trump rally on Saturday, July 13. The former president said he a bullet pierced his ear during the rally in Butler, Pa. The U.S. Secret Service said the shooter and one spectator at the rally were killed, and two other attendees were critically injured.

Marsaw, who is Thompson’s case worker and field director in Adams, Amite, Franklin and Wilkinson counties, posted on her personal Facebook page, “I don’t condone violence but please get you some shooting lessons so you don’t miss next time ooops that wasn’t me talking.”
    After her post, the Mississippi GOP called on Thompson to fire Marsaw. They also called on Mississippi Democrats to repudiate Marsaw’s statements.

Marsaw told the Natchez Democrat that she removed the post after being asked to do so by a manager on Thompson’s staff.

“I got overwhelmed in the moment. I am a diehard Democrat,” she said.

Thompson issued a statement on social media shortly after the shooting. He said, “There is no room in American democracy for political violence. I am grateful for law enforcement’s fast response to this incident. I am glad the former President is safe, and my thoughts and prayers go out to everyone involved.”

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm surprised it's taken this long, the mainstream media has been pushing this hate for nearly a decade, that poor kid that finally bit the apple has been groomed with this crap since 12 or 13 years old.
    For nearly ten years, the media have lied about this man

• colluding with Russia to steal a presidential election
    • being a unique threat to democracy
    • being a rapist
    • describing Nazis as “very fine people,”
    • being a racist
    • trashing WWII troops
    • launching an insurrection
    • wanting to inject bleach into the sick
    • putting kids in cages
    • assaulting Secret Service agents
    • being the second coming of Adolf Hitler.
      There is probably a couple I left out but the guy is obviously an animal.
    A little dirt never hurt
    edited July 14

@Hobbes86 said:

@VegasFrank said:

@Vision said:

I won't and don't you worry about that. Are you trying to take away my right to free speech?

I KNOW HE'S NOT..... ALSO A JOKE.

But @Hobbes86 ..... if it were anyone else on here you would have scrolled right by it. Because you have some preconceived notion about the way I feel you had to add your comment. Please join the herf once in a while and I can tell you verbally how I feel on any subject without the emotionless background of a forum

@Hobbes86 said:

@VegasFrank said:

@Vision said:

Hey man, I said thoughts and prayers. What else do you want? Gun culture "shall not be infringed" and is part of our society. Poor **** bought the farm. Sucks, but that's the sandy hook we all live in.

Honestly. IDGAF who died as long as it isn't one of my own.

Deal with it.

@Bob_Luken said:

@TRayB said:

@VegasFrank said:

@dirtdude said:

And the recent standard.
    Here's the May '24 magazine cover of The New Republic

https://newrepublic.com/series/37/trump-2024-american-fascism-series
    And the articles of doom and gloom over a possible Trum second presidency
    https://newrepublic.com/article/181258/american-fascism-look-like

https://newrepublic.com/article/181224/day-one-dictatorship

WTF is the new republic?

@Vision said:
    But @Hobbes86 ..... if it were anyone else on here you would have scrolled right by it. Because you have some preconceived notion about the way I feel you had to add your comment. Please join the herf once in a while and I can tell you verbally how I feel on any subject without the emotionless background of a forum

I'm not sure why you feel singled out, Pete. You weren't the only one I was directly responding to.

If you view a call to decency as such a personal attack, then perhaps you are a part of the problem.

@Bob_Luken said:
    In a way you can credit DEI for this image. This female secret service agent is too short to fully create that all important human shield and Trump gestures through the empty space she provides.

Another way to look at it is that dumdum wasn't smart enough to keep his **** head down because he was more worried about his press than his safety. He was peering out through all of those dudes trying to raise his fist like some guy I remember from the '30s. 😂

Another way to look at it was that the audio clearly said that the shooter was down in the live feed. The danger was gone and it's not the protocol to try to move the president in the middle of a shootout. They wouldn't have moved him at all had they thought any danger remained.

I mean the guy got his ear pierced. Let's move on.

@VegasFrank said:

Deal with it.

There is nothing there for me to deal with, Frank. A lack of empathy plagues our society, I don't like it, but that's the way it is. I'm just sorry you've fallen victim to it.

@VegasFrank said:

@Bob_Luken said:

Another way to look at it is that dumdum wasn't smart enough to keep his **** head down because he was more worried about his press than his safety. He was peering out through all of those dudes trying to raise his fist like some guy I remember from the '30s. 😂

Another way to look at it was that the audio clearly said that the shooter was down in the live feed. The danger was gone and it's not the protocol to try to move the president in the middle of a shootout. They wouldn't have moved him at all had they thought any danger remained.

Move on? You sure? You didn't mention his shoes.

@Hobbes86 said:

@VegasFrank said:

Deal with it.

There is nothing there for me to deal with, Frank. A lack of empathy plagues our society, I don't like it, but that's the way it is. I'm just sorry you've fallen victim to it.

Hey, I said thoughts and prayers. That's empathy according to things I've read, especially during Sandy Hook.

@Hobbes86 said:

@Vision said:

I'm not sure why you feel singled out, Pete. You weren't the only one I was directly responding to.

If you view a call to decency as such a personal attack, then perhaps you are a part of the problem.

Maybe I am.... but probably not. I'm shocked you can see me all the way down here from up top your cross. You're a better person than I will ever be. Your contributions to society are much greater than I could ever hope to achieve in my lifetime. Thank God I have someone in my life, like you Ian, to tell me how best to live my life. Without you I would be lost.

@Bob_Luken said:

@VegasFrank said:

@Bob_Luken said:

Hmmmm I don't understand 🤔

edited July 14

Yes, a man died, and a couple of others may be in serious condition, but that won't stop me from seeing the humor that is still available even in a tragic situation. We are not, I assume, in the presence of any of the family of the victims or anyone here that should in my opinion claim a right to be personally offended by some crass jokes at Trump or Biden's expense or directed at political operatives.

Last night on vHerf we all discussed the breaking situation a lot and there were jokes. Nobody was upset, it was interesting to have this as subject matter, but nobody reined in their wit one tiny bit.

• CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bob_Luken said:
    Yes, a man died, and a couple of others may be in serious condition, but that won't stop me from seeing the humor that is still available even in a tragic situation. We are not, I assume, in the presence of any of the family of the victims or anyone here that should in my opinion claim a right to be personally offended by some crass jokes at Trump or Biden's expense or directed at political operatives.

Shane Gillis almost predicted the future. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEpPmbJGSJc

@VegasFrank said:

Shirley you can't be serious.

My sarcasm detector is going off very faintly.

I assume that's about me. The only thing I'll say in my defense is that if you were going to make a morbid list of The top 100 people that were susceptible to getting shot, trumpty Dumpty would be at the top. If you're going to bring your family to with in 50 ft. Of the guy, you should know going in that it could be dangerous. To be fair, this guy probably didn't think so. I'm sorry that he paid for it.

No it shouldn't be like that, but it is bro. Pragmatism. You would never see me at a rally for Trump, Hillary, Obama, Biden, AOC, McConnell, Ted Cruz, 0or any of the other juicy targets.

This guy decided to take his wife and sit up front. We live in a society of collateral damage, Sandy Hook, route 91, and thoughts and prayers.

It sucks, but this is what we've decided as a society. Do I wanted to change, sure. But it's not going to. Shall not be infringed baby! I'm not making the rules. I'm just living in the world.

Good on him for protecting his wife. Many thoughts and prayers to the dude. Many. A bigly amount.

@Bob_Luken said:

@VegasFrank said:

Yeah I feel like I'm missing something with the whole shoes thing. I mean, I know we talked about the shoes of the secret service agent last night, but I don't know. Sorry.

@Vision said:

@Hobbes86 said:

@Vision said:

Maybe I am.... but probably not. I'm shocked you can see me all the way down here from up top your cross. You're a better person than I will ever be. Your contributions to society are much greater than I could ever hope to achieve in my lifetime. Thank God I have someone in my life, like you Ian, to tell me how best to live my life. Without you I would be lost.

Grow up you vicious little heathen.

@VegasFrank said:

@Bob_Luken said:

@VegasFrank said:

Yeah I feel like I'm missing something with the whole shoes thing. I mean, I know we talked about the shoes of the secret service agent last night, but I don't know. Sorry.

And don't call me. Shirley 😂