Home Non Cigar Related

Political Discussions

Comments

• VisionVision Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bob_Luken said:

@Vision said:

@Hobbes86 said:

@Vision said:
    But @Hobbes86 ..... if it were anyone else on here you would have scrolled right by it. Because you have some preconceived notion about the way I feel you had to add your comment. Please join the herf once in a while and I can tell you verbally how I feel on any subject without the emotionless background of a forum

I'm not sure why you feel singled out, Pete. You weren't the only one I was directly responding to.

If you view a call to decency as such a personal attack, then perhaps you are a part of the problem.

Maybe I am.... but probably not. I'm shocked you can see me all the way down here from up top your cross. You're a better person than I will ever be. Your contributions to society are much greater than I could ever hope to achieve in my lifetime. Thank God I have someone in my life, like you Ian, to tell me how best to live my life. Without you I would be lost.

Grow up you vicious little heathen.

Trying..... everyday a little bit more and more. Not getting far but I am trying.

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

18:12:21: Male agent: “Shooter’s down. We’re good to move.”

18:12:22: Female agent: “Are we clear?”

18:12:23: Agents: “We’re clear, we’re clear, we’re clear.”

18:12:23: Male agent: “Let’s move, let’s move.”

Agents start to stand up, lifting Trump.

18:12:33: Trump: “Let me get my shoes, let me get my shoes.”

Among all the chaos I thought it was kinda funny he ends up shoeless and wants his damn shoes back.

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bob_Luken said:

Among all the chaos I thought it was kinda funny he ends up shoeless and wants his damn shoes back.

Guy took his **** shoes off? Yeah someone just shot me but I think I'm just going to sit down and since I'm sitting down I'm going to take these fuçking Bruno malis off. They're pinching the shīt out of my toes.

Man. He's ice cold bro...

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.

@Bob_Luken said:

How does one's shoes fly off? Was he in Crocs?

• Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Vision said:
    Maybe I am.... but probably not. I'm shocked you can see me all the way down here from up top your cross. You're a better person than I will ever be. Your contributions to society are much greater than I could ever hope to achieve in my lifetime. Thank God I have someone in my life, like you Ian, to tell me how best to live my life. Without you I would be lost.

I'm glad to be here for you, Pete.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

@VegasFrank said:
    Hey, I said thoughts and prayers. That's empathy according to things I've read, especially during Sandy Hook.

Simply saying it isn't enough, Frank. It's a start, though.

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Vision said:

@Bob_Luken said:

How does one's shoes fly off? Was he in Crocs?

If he's like me he doesn't like his shoes, especially dress shoes tied too tight. And I'm a literal tenderfoot, I'd be beotchin' about having to walk anywhere after losing my shoes. "Fetch my flipflops, and bring the wool socks, my toes are cold."

@Hobbes86 said:

@VegasFrank said:
    Hey, I said thoughts and prayers. That's empathy according to things I've read, especially during Sandy Hook.

Simply saying it isn't enough, Frank. It's a start, though.

Lol this one here proves just how self-righteous you are bro. Have a nice day.

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.

@VegasFrank said:

Oh, the irony. I hope you have a nice day too, Frank.

@Hobbes86 said:

@VegasFrank said:

Oh, the irony. I hope you have a nice day too, Frank.

@Vision said:

Oh, the irony, Pete!

• OutdoorsSmoke_21191OutdoorsSmoke_21191 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭✭✭

Residents of Bethel Park, Pennsylvania, where the suspected shooter lived, expressed shock at the news on Sunday.
    "It's a little crazy to think that somebody that did an assassination attempt is that close, but it just kind of shows the political dynamic that we're in right now with the craziness on each side," said resident Wes Morgan, 42, describing Bethnel Park as "a pretty blue-collar type of area."

Reuters

A good cigar and whiskey solve most problems.

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,682 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Stir it up, little darling"...Bob Marley

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭✭✭

I saw this tweet on another forum, but I find it rather dubious that the SS sniper would speak publicly about the event at this early stage.

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,420 ✭✭✭✭✭

Twitter.
    No source mentioned.
    formerPresident Trump.

edited July 15

I requested a source from the poster. I'll update if it is provided. I find nothing online. I'm not on X, so I can't see the tweet. Like I said, I find it dubious at best, but I also find it dubious that the shooter could be taken out within a few seconds after the first shots were fired, unless the counter snipers knew his location.

• JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 15

@Hobbes86 said:

@VegasFrank said:
    Yep. Missed by an inch. Too soon? Okay that was over the top....

@Vision said:
    Sorry guys.... That one flew right by me. But I do hear what you're saying. I may need bullet points on this subject tho. I won't take this lying down!

A bystander was killed. Don't forget that.

Thank goodness you reminded us

Edit: or informed us thank fŭcking goodness

I love proud Boys conspiracy theories. They're the best. 😂

edited July 15

@TRayB said:
    I requested a source from the poster. I'll update if it is provided. I find nothing online. I'm not on X, so I can't see the tweet. Like I said, I find it dubious at best, but I also find it dubious that the shooter could be taken out within a few seconds after the first shots were fired, unless the counter snipers knew his location.

So are you (or this guy, or whatever) saying this is a plot by the Biden team and his secret service dudes to allow the guy to take one free shot at Dumpty before they said enough is enough and they took them out?

Or are you saying that Trumpty planned this with a perfect head tilt looking at the sniper so the guy would clip his ear off and he could pose with blood on his face to look like a superhero for the proud boys?

I'm Confused because neither one of those narratives fit the facts. Why would they let a man pointing a gun at presidential candidate Just sit there and not do anything about it, only to blow him away after the ACT was done? Who does that benefit? And then after letting him shoot the guy, or take a shot, why would they then take him out? What would some gs15 supervisor in the secret service be up to in that case?

I responded then read alot more and I still feel like oh my fŭcking god @Hobbes86 please stop it.
    Just wanted to clarify dude ........shut the fŭck up.

@Vision you do you I know you're a troll and I'm good with that

@Amos_Umwhat you're old so I'm good's with your random nonsense
    Love you like dad/grandpa

@VegasFrank I just love you about as much as my wife so your trolling is fine.

But @Hobbes86 seriously bro I'm the same age as you and your mind is fŭcked

Mid-Year nominee for post of the year ↑

@VegasFrank said:
    Mid-Year nominee for post of the year ↑

Love you

Some of that might be because I had a boat day and a designated driver but usually I'm brutally honest when I've been drinking....because I'm a dīck.

@Jrflickster said:
    I responded then read alot more and I still feel like oh my fŭcking god @Hobbes86 please stop it.
    Just wanted to clarify dude ........shut the fŭck up.

@Vision you do you I know you're a troll and I'm good with that

@Amos_Umwhat you're old so I'm good's with your random nonsense
    Love you like dad/grandpa

@VegasFrank I just love you about as much as my wife so your trolling is fine.

But @Hobbes86 seriously bro I'm the same age as you and your mind is fŭcked

Is it ok to say I love you?

I'll take a screenshot

@Vision said:
    I don't like to discuss politics.

Bump

@VegasFrank said:

@Vision said:
    I don't like to discuss politics.

Bump

I don't talk about such things and would prefer to stay away from politics.

@TRayB said:

I saw this tweet on another forum, but I find it rather dubious that the SS sniper would speak publicly about the event at this early stage.

https://x.com/_ROB_29/status/1812524675081310665?t=B6aa7J-mo3dINh-ujo0Vkg&s=19

@VegasFrank said:

@TRayB said:

So are you (or this guy, or whatever) saying this is a plot by the Biden team and his secret service dudes to allow the guy to take one free shot at Dumpty before they said enough is enough and they took them out?

Or are you saying that Trumpty planned this with a perfect head tilt looking at the sniper so the guy would clip his ear off and he could pose with blood on his face to look like a superhero for the proud boys?

I'm Confused because neither one of those narratives fit the facts. Why would they let a man pointing a gun at presidential candidate Just sit there and not do anything about it, only to blow him away after the ACT was done? Who does that benefit? And then after letting him shoot the guy, or take a shot, why would they then take him out? What would some gs15 supervisor in the secret service be up to in that case?

It's just a tweet that I saw that I thought was worth posting here. Did you miss where I twice said I doubted its veracity. I did find later some sources discrediting it, such as Forbes. I also saw you link to the former Seal discussing the situation.

What I also said was I doubt that the SS team only knew he was there at the instant he shot toward Trump. They would not be able to locate the shooter, target him, and kill him within 2-3 seconds of the first shots. The most likely scenario is, they knew there was someone on the roof, but did not know his intent, and from their vantage point, probably could not see him until he rose up over the roof ridge to take his shots. It is clear from photos of the SS snipers prior to the shooting that they were focused on the roof of the factory building, so it seems clear they were alerted to a potential threat.

I do not know what the ROE is for SS details with a potential threat versus a confirmed threat, so with that, and what I just suggested about not being able to see him, probably accounts for the "three minutes" or so between spectators reporting to authorities his presence, and the shooting.

On another note, while I didn't respond to your post right away, so have no record, your initial post suggested that I am some sort of Proud Boy acolyte or wannabe or whatever. You seem to have edited your post to remove that. Take that and stuff it right up your ass, Frank.

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,420 ✭✭✭✭✭

didn't take long for the knuckle-draggers on both sides of the divide to voice their theories

https://www.wired.com/story/trump-shooting-assassination-conspiracies/