Home Non Cigar Related

Political Discussions

Comments

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TRayB said:

@VegasFrank said:

@TRayB said:
    I requested a source from the poster. I'll update if it is provided. I find nothing online. I'm not on X, so I can't see the tweet. Like I said, I find it dubious at best, but I also find it dubious that the shooter could be taken out within a few seconds after the first shots were fired, unless the counter snipers knew his location.

So are you (or this guy, or whatever) saying this is a plot by the Biden team and his secret service dudes to allow the guy to take one free shot at Dumpty before they said enough is enough and they took them out?

Or are you saying that Trumpty planned this with a perfect head tilt looking at the sniper so the guy would clip his ear off and he could pose with blood on his face to look like a superhero for the proud boys?

I'm Confused because neither one of those narratives fit the facts. Why would they let a man pointing a gun at presidential candidate Just sit there and not do anything about it, only to blow him away after the ACT was done? Who does that benefit? And then after letting him shoot the guy, or take a shot, why would they then take him out? What would some gs15 supervisor in the secret service be up to in that case?

It's just a tweet that I saw that I thought was worth posting here. Did you miss where I twice said I doubted its veracity. I did find later some sources discrediting it, such as Forbes. I also saw you link to the former Seal discussing the situation.

What I also said was I doubt that the SS team only knew he was there at the instant he shot toward Trump. They would not be able to locate the shooter, target him, and kill him within 2-3 seconds of the first shots. The most likely scenario is, they knew there was someone on the roof, but did not know his intent, and from their vantage point, probably could not see him until he rose up over the roof ridge to take his shots. It is clear from photos of the SS snipers prior to the shooting that they were focused on the roof of the factory building, so it seems clear they were alerted to a potential threat.

I do not know what the ROE is for SS details with a potential threat versus a confirmed threat, so with that, and what I just suggested about not being able to see him, probably accounts for the "three minutes" or so between spectators reporting to authorities his presence, and the shooting.

On another note, while I didn't respond to your post right away, so have no record, your initial post suggested that I am some sort of Proud Boy acolyte or wannabe or whatever. You seem to have edited your post to remove that. Take that and stuff it right up your ass, Frank.

Lol there's not a lot of room up there with everything else I've peen told to shove up there ..

I am not insinuating that you're a proud boy, lol. The "you" was rhetorical, and at one point I think I said "you (or whoever)" but prolly not good enough

My edit was to take out 2 stray periods that the speech to text put in there.

But I'll be sure to try to shove some more stuff up my ass if it makes you happy ...

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 15

@VegasFrank said:

@TRayB said:

@VegasFrank said:

@TRayB said:
    I requested a source from the poster. I'll update if it is provided. I find nothing online. I'm not on X, so I can't see the tweet. Like I said, I find it dubious at best, but I also find it dubious that the shooter could be taken out within a few seconds after the first shots were fired, unless the counter snipers knew his location.

So are you (or this guy, or whatever) saying this is a plot by the Biden team and his secret service dudes to allow the guy to take one free shot at Dumpty before they said enough is enough and they took them out?

Or are you saying that Trumpty planned this with a perfect head tilt looking at the sniper so the guy would clip his ear off and he could pose with blood on his face to look like a superhero for the proud boys?

I'm Confused because neither one of those narratives fit the facts. Why would they let a man pointing a gun at presidential candidate Just sit there and not do anything about it, only to blow him away after the ACT was done? Who does that benefit? And then after letting him shoot the guy, or take a shot, why would they then take him out? What would some gs15 supervisor in the secret service be up to in that case?

It's just a tweet that I saw that I thought was worth posting here. Did you miss where I twice said I doubted its veracity. I did find later some sources discrediting it, such as Forbes. I also saw you link to the former Seal discussing the situation.

What I also said was I doubt that the SS team only knew he was there at the instant he shot toward Trump. They would not be able to locate the shooter, target him, and kill him within 2-3 seconds of the first shots. The most likely scenario is, they knew there was someone on the roof, but did not know his intent, and from their vantage point, probably could not see him until he rose up over the roof ridge to take his shots. It is clear from photos of the SS snipers prior to the shooting that they were focused on the roof of the factory building, so it seems clear they were alerted to a potential threat.

I do not know what the ROE is for SS details with a potential threat versus a confirmed threat, so with that, and what I just suggested about not being able to see him, probably accounts for the "three minutes" or so between spectators reporting to authorities his presence, and the shooting.

On another note, while I didn't respond to your post right away, so have no record, your initial post suggested that I am some sort of Proud Boy acolyte or wannabe or whatever. You seem to have edited your post to remove that. Take that and stuff it right up your ass, Frank.

Lol there's not a lot of room up there with everything else I've peen told to shove up there ..

I am not insinuating that you're a proud boy, lol. The "you" was rhetorical, and at one point I think I said "you (or whoever)" but prolly not good enough

But I'll be sure to try to shove some more stuff up my ass if it makes you happy ...

Ok. I seemed to remember an initial line regarding the Proud Boys, because it pissed me off, but if you say no, I'll take your word for it.

Anyway, I am seeing some more reporting on SS ROE that prohibits agents from shooting first. If true, it's a very bad rule.

Another side note. Being TOLD to put something up there, and actually going ahead and PUTTING IT up there are two different things. ;)

@TRayB said:

@VegasFrank said:

@TRayB said:

@VegasFrank said:

@TRayB said:

Ok. I seemed to remember an initial line regarding the Proud Boys, because it pissed me off, but if you say no, I'll take your word for it.

Anyway, I am seeing some more reporting on SS ROE that prohibits agents from shooting first. If true, it's a very bad rule.

Another side note. Being TOLD to put something up there, and actually going ahead and PUTTING IT up there are two different things. ;)

I also seem to remember saying something about proud boys. Maybe it was in another thread or in another post somewhere. Anyways, I know I wasn't saying it about you or anybody else on here. Might have been something along the lines of the proud boys have a conspiracy theory about.... Or something like that.

Either way, probably irresponsible language and I'll take my lumps for not being careful. Definitely don't want to insinuate or offend you in some way.

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems like the more you stir the **** the more it stinks.

@First_Warrior said:
    Seems like the more you stir the **** the more it stinks.

Sorry to ruin the Mutual Admiration Society's get together....

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Vision said:

@peter4jc said:
    I'm never going to post in this thread again today.

I totally agree. No more political talk for me. Hey did anybody see that Trump picked his running mate?

Hes no DeSantis but it's a solid pick.

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• OutdoorsSmoke_21191OutdoorsSmoke_21191 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭✭✭

USSS Director statement:

https://www.secretservice.gov/newsroom/releases/2024/07/statement-us-secret-service-director-kimberly-cheatle

As far as ROEs…pretty simple, even for non military…the guy kneeling, clearly, was the spotter and the guy in prone position was the tasked sniper. Once a threat has been identified, verified, order green from senior, then sniper is cleared hot. This is done and completed within seconds. The story about the sniper and three minutes is, imho, bull💩. The only logical explanation for the amount of elapsed time was no conclusive verification, therefore no shot until shooter engaged.

All this said, I most definitely, could be wrong. My opinion.

A good cigar and whiskey solve most problems.

• genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:
    I'm never going to post in this thread again today.

I bet you do😂

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's now being reported that they knew of the shooter for a half hour before he was neutralized. Something smells fishy.

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree Charlie, the Secret Service obviously had this area targeted as a threat, they can hand that area off to a subordinate agency, think Barney Fife, somebody let that kid into the area.
    Another troubling area for me is the sniper/spotter combo was scanning the area but let the kid take the shot before putting him down.
    Let's go for the trifecta, I am sick and tired about hearing about saving our democracy, the left (I didn't say Frank) is obsessed with saving our democracy, I read in Jeff's link from the head of the Secret Service. Odd that she or the mainstream media doesn't understand we are a constitutional republic.

A little dirt never hurt
    edited July 16

Democracy is a colloquialism that has been used by all sides for at least the last hundred years, and it's generally accepted to describe out government in a shorthand sense. It is not totally inaccurate, either. For instance, local referendums and ballot measures are a form of pure democracy.

I think that once we start picking at semantics, we don't want to influence the other side OR come together as a country. Rather, only want to beat the other side and defeat them.

Two legs kicking each other will cause the body to fall.

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

I went 12-0 today.
    It was great.
    Twelve and 0
    I spoke with a dozen people today.
    None of them, nor I spoke of the Trump
    assassination attempt or even
    the politics relating to it.

Did any of you ruin someone's day today?

edited July 16

Don't think so, I didn't leave the house.

If anyone wants to share, I am curious about every one’s Monday back in the day to day world and if you initiated any conversation about it or if anyone initiated the conversation with you.

• JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,220 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 16

My understanding of the assassination attempt is that there was a tree branch in the way of the sniper team getting a clear shot at the assassin. Once the wind had moved the branch enough to get a clear shot it was taken. Shot him in the nose. Blew his upper mandible apart.

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.

Shooter was on the backside and down slope of the building roof. Meaning spotter and sniper sight of view was at the ridge line, until shooter edged towards ridge to set up for his shot. I’m assuming, he too, had to get over the ridge line for his final target acquisition. Also, assuming this is when USSS had verification. Shooter engaged, followed by return engagement.

edited July 16

Did the ****sucking scumbag have a scope on his AR? I have yet to hear any mention of this.

• VisionVision Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bob_Luken said:
    Did the ****sucking scumbag have a scope on his AR? I have yet to hear any mention of this.

Was he doing both at the same time?

@Bob_Luken said:

Unknown. From the footage I’ve seen I’ve never seen his weapon system. It appears he’s trying to manipulate something as he’s gathering his position.

• VisionVision Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OutdoorsSmoke_21191 said:

@Bob_Luken said:

Unknown. From the footage I’ve seen I’ve never seen his weapon system. It appears he’s trying to manipulate something as he’s gathering his position.

Trying to manipulate something...... so you are confirming he was sucking **** at the same time.?

• TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭✭✭

Secret Service Chief: ‘Sloped Roof’ Used by Trump Shooter Prevented Agency From Securing Area
    ‘There will be a safety factor that will be considered there that we wouldn’t want to put somebody up on a sloped roof,’ Director Kim Cheatle said.

Story: https://theepochtimes.com/us/secret-service-chief-sloped-roof-used-by-trump-shooter-prevented-agency-from-securing-area-5687649

Here's a photo of the roof the Secret service snipers were on, by all appearances steeper than the roof the shooter was on.