Home Non Cigar Related

Political Discussions

Comments

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

AOC isn't old enough.

I would love the spectacle of putting Barry O on the ticket.

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:
    AOC isn't old enough.

I would love the spectacle of putting Barry O on the ticket.

He wouldn't be able to assume the office when Kamala has a freak car accident (during which her gun in the backseat accidentally fired twice, hitting her in the back of the head).

I thought so too, but I guess he could actually do it, according to the vherf.

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:
    I thought so too, but I guess he could actually do it, according to the vherf.

Not sure how, he already served two full terms.

edited July 24

https://digitalcommons.law.uga.edu/fac_artchop/1012/#:~:text=In fact, the relevant constitutional,that office to the Presidency

The relevant part from the abstract:
    In fact, the relevant constitutional provisions, their histories, and their purposes all point to the same conclusion: A twice-before-elected President may become Vice-President either through appointment or through election and — like any other Vice-President — may thereafter succeed from that office to the Presidency for the full remainder of the pending term.

And to then make it spicier, the go can resign the day after the inauguration and then the pres can appoint a new VP (who has to be confirmed)

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭✭✭

AOC will be 35 on election day, old enough to be president, why would she shoot for vp.

A little dirt never hurt
  • Deadstroke174Deadstroke174 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dirtdude said:
    AOC will be 35 on election day, old enough to be president, why would she shoot for vp.

My guess is AOC can remember how to write vp but president is harder for her to learn.

• Deadstroke174Deadstroke174 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭✭✭

Would have to be Kelly, he doesn’t really do much so wouldn’t show her up

• CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

Takes about an hour to scroll through all the pictures and get to the bottom without skipping any of them, but I've never seen such a clearly laid out website showing why the country is slowly falling apart. In 1971, the US dollar stopped being backed by gold, and since then has been backed by nothing. This is the result.

https://wtfhappenedin1971.com/

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,682 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CalvinAndHobo said:
    Takes about an hour to scroll through all the pictures and get to the bottom without skipping any of them, but I've never seen such a clearly laid out website showing why the country is slowly falling apart. In 1971, the US dollar stopped being backed by gold, and since then has been backed by nothing. This is the result.

https://wtfhappenedin1971.com/

Awesome graphic display of dysfunction. I noticed that it seems to make no difference which party is supposedly in charge, the trajectories remain the same.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,220 ✭✭✭✭✭

When the dollar has no base in reality (something to back it up) they can do whatever they want and get away with it.

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.

Does Venezuela still use those voting machines that kept Hugo Chavez in power so long. Oh wait, those are the same voting machines we use.

A little dirt never hurt
  • VisionVision Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dirtdude said:
    Does Venezuela still use those voting machines that kept Hugo Chavez in power so long. Oh wait, those are the same voting machines we use.

"Dominion has no corporate ties with Venezuela, the Clinton Foundation or Soros."

https://www.cnn.com/factsfirst/politics/factcheck_829bf37c-cbd5-4a5c-8d87-7e53504997cb

• IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Vision said:

@dirtdude said:

"Dominion has no corporate ties with Venezuela, the Clinton Foundation or Soros."

https://www.cnn.com/factsfirst/politics/factcheck_829bf37c-cbd5-4a5c-8d87-7e53504997cb

Yeah but do they use the same machines?

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

edited July 30

@IndustMech said:

@Vision said:

@dirtdude said:

Yeah but do they use the same machines?

I haven't found anything saying they do or do not. From what I read it was the software that came under fire.

https://www.justsecurity.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/january-6-clearinghouse_trump-campaign-election-memo.pdf

I think I understand how literal your question was tho

Post edited by Vision on
  • Al_K_LloydAl_K_Lloyd Posts: 48 ✭✭

@ShawnOL said:
    When the dollar has no base in reality (something to back it up) they can do whatever they want and get away with it.

At day’s end, the only thing holding a currency up is confidence.
    Appearing to back a currency with a commodity merely adds another layer of manipulation.

There is nothing more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge.

Hunter S. Thompson

@CharlieHeis said:
    We shouldn't need software for voting machines, got damm*t. They used paper ballots for a long time and had most of, if not all the results by the time the ten o'clock news was over. How in the f**k do we now have computers and still don't have results until the next day?

Yeah but one side would accuse the other side of having 30,000 paper ballots in the back of their car.... no win situation.

edited July 31

It worked for Hugo Chavez
    Edit; and probably JB

Edit edit; How does one of the richest countries in the world in terms of oil reserves end up with its people begging for bread

Post edited by dirtdude on
    A little dirt never hurt
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,420 ✭✭✭✭✭

"The US could lose a war with China, a congressional commission warned. The military “lacks both the capabilities and the capacity” to be confident of victory, and that the risk of a multi-front war is growing as collaboration increases between Russia, China, and other autocratic states. Washington faces other challenges, too: The national debt topped $35 trillion for the first time, driven by growing borrowing costs and ever-increasing Social Security and Medicare bills. Neither Kamala Harris nor Donald Trump, one of whom will almost certainly be the next president, have said anything on the campaign trail about deficit reduction, The New York Times reported, “suggesting that the economic problem will only worsen in the coming years.”"
    https://semafor.com/s/3PT9MhQScq
    https://semafor.com/s/Ckf59Un4qq

@Vision said:

@CharlieHeis said:
    We shouldn't need software for voting machines, got damm*t. They used paper ballots for a long time and had most of, if not all the results by the time the ten o'clock news was over. How in the f**k do we now have computers and still don't have results until the next day?

Yeah but one side would accuse the other side of having 30,000 paper ballots in the back of their car.... no win situation.

Have we already forgotten about hanging chads and pregnant chads?

• StubbleStubble Posts: 8,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 4

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 4

Not hard to google

@Bob_Luken said:

Not hard to google

I was already going to vote for him. He seems to take politics more seriously than the other two.

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,420 ✭✭✭✭✭

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭✭✭

Youtube closed captioning is great sometimes.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey @Stubble, Minnesota / Michigan close enough, will get something out when I ship the lottery winning.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.