Home Non Cigar Related

Political Discussions

Comments

• OutdoorsSmoke_21191OutdoorsSmoke_21191 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure either one of those is going to work in prison 🫣😳😳

A good cigar and whiskey solve most problems.

• VisionVision Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OutdoorsSmoke_21191 said:

That image isn't orange enough to be Donald Trump.

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Vision said:

@OutdoorsSmoke_21191 said:

That image isn't orange enough to be Donald Trump.

Or wide enough, and he's not holding a Big Mac and he's not on Epstein's plane 😂😂😂😂😂

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,220 ✭✭✭✭✭

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,420 ✭✭✭✭✭

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,220 ✭✭✭✭✭

Didn't know which thread to post this in.

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,195 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Democrats, seeing polls that say inflation is one of their biggest weaknesses in the voters' opinions, have shifted their messaging to blaming corporate greed.

Now, I'm certain corporate greed exists, as they are nothing more than manifestations of the human condition. What I don't understand is why corporations have waited until now to ramp up this greediness and cause the inflation they're being blamed for. Why didn't they do it 5 years ago? Or, is this nothing more than the Democrats playing hide the sausage with us?

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,682 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't say I support or believe all of this meme, but I do think this is one of those "Where there's smoke there's fire" kind of things, so I can't argue with all of them either.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 23

^^^ what letter do you suppose was next to the name of whoever put that together?

I guess the big question with Trump is how do you reckon with how to weigh who he is as a person vs who he is as a president. I've heard all kinds of mental gymnastics, like we're electing a president not a pastor, but I don't know...

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis

C'mon Steve. Follow the money...

Hey, look what I found!

Thought this was interesting. Have they done this at previous DNC's? Pretty dismal turnout...😒

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2024/aug/22/planned-parenthood-bus-outside-dnc-sees-eight-abor/

The Planned Parenthood mobile clinic stationed near the Democratic National Convention provided abortion pills to eight patients and performed nine vasectomies during its highly publicized two-day stint in Chicago.

An early report said the mobile health unit planned to see 25 abortion patients, but Planned Parenthood Great Rivers said that was just the number of appointments it could have taken.

“The 25 you refer to was the approximate number of available patient slots,” the Planned Parenthood affiliate told The Washington Times in a Wednesday email. “We served 9 vasectomy and 8 medication abortion patients between the two days.”

I've watched bits and pieces of the D convention. Mostly just hoo-rah yay us boo him balloon juice.

I can't think of a thing any of the speakers I saw that had any substance for me. However, unfortunately, actually recognizing real problems and seeking satisfactory solutions doesn't get the average voter excited. Nearly our entire population seems to be more attuned to pep-rally chanting, clever turn of phrase, and if you bring up any of the real problems we're facing you're accused of being derogatory to America. Pretty frustrating. These things seem to apply to both sides.

I guess I'd rather have Ross Perot's charts and figures and statistics. True, his plan was to put a stop to the loopholes and inconsistencies that made him rich, and that's seen as hypocritical by some, but he seemed to have a grip on reality. Perhaps not, I'm no expert, but his approach worked for me.

Still kind of like what I've seen and heard of Tim Walz, Kamala, not so much. I have serious doubts concerning her ability to govern.

I'd feel a lot better about Trump if he'd stop making comments that can be translated as "I'd like to be dictator".

I'd feel a lot better about the Democrats if their number one rallying call wasn't "Hey, abortion is great!" Yes, there are circumstances where I believe it should be prescribed, or at least made an option, but hey, if you really believe in a right to choose, choose not to expose yourself to pregnancy. For those who didn't have a choice, abortion should be an option, and only the insane insist that a woman be forced to carry a dead fetus. But, on the whole, it's not a thing to "celebrate".

How long will we be led by the lunatic fringes of the Left and the Right? Where are our moderates, bipartisan compromise, you know, the stuff that made our country great in the first place?

I may simply be delusional. Idealistic.

Meanwhile, memes like the one I posted above and many others are probably the greatest influence for most people.

This kind of thing ^^^ seems far more influential for most than boring stuff like Ross Perot's charts and figures. Innuendo, snark, false "facts", ridicule, and a determination that "the other sides ideas" not be embraced even if it's the very thing your party claims to stand for, that's what is running our government.

How long can we hold up under this onslaught of hate and ignorance from all sides?

Rant over. Feel free to disagree, especially if you have viable solutions to offer. I'm at a loss.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    I've watched bits and pieces of the D convention. Mostly just hoo-rah yay us boo him balloon juice.

I can't think of a thing any of the speakers I saw that had any substance for me. However, unfortunately, actually recognizing real problems and seeking satisfactory solutions doesn't get the average voter excited. Nearly our entire population seems to be more attuned to pep-rally chanting, clever turn of phrase, and if you bring up any of the real problems we're facing you're accused of being derogatory to America. Pretty frustrating. These things seem to apply to both sides.

I guess I'd rather have Ross Perot's charts and figures and statistics. True, his plan was to put a stop to the loopholes and inconsistencies that made him rich, and that's seen as hypocritical by some, but he seemed to have a grip on reality. Perhaps not, I'm no expert, but his approach worked for me.

Still kind of like what I've seen and heard of Tim Walz, Kamala, not so much. I have serious doubts concerning her ability to govern.

I'd feel a lot better about Trump if he'd stop making comments that can be translated as "I'd like to be dictator".

I'd feel a lot better about the Democrats if their number one rallying call wasn't "Hey, abortion is great!" Yes, there are circumstances where I believe it should be prescribed, or at least made an option, but hey, if you really believe in a right to choose, choose not to expose yourself to pregnancy. For those who didn't have a choice, abortion should be an option, and only the insane insist that a woman be forced to carry a dead fetus. But, on the whole, it's not a thing to "celebrate".

How long will we be led by the lunatic fringes of the Left and the Right? Where are our moderates, bipartisan compromise, you know, the stuff that made our country great in the first place?

I may simply be delusional. Idealistic.

Meanwhile, memes like the one I posted above and many others are probably the greatest influence for most people.

This kind of thing ^^^ seems far more influential for most than boring stuff like Ross Perot's charts and figures. Innuendo, snark, false "facts", ridicule, and a determination that "the other sides ideas" not be embraced even if it's the very thing your party claims to stand for, that's what is running our government.

How long can we hold up under this onslaught of hate and ignorance from all sides?

Rant over. Feel free to disagree, especially if you have viable solutions to offer. I'm at a loss.

https://www.ncregister.com/news/tim-walz-born-alive-abortion

The bill Walz signed led to sharp debate last year in the state Legislature, which is narrowly controlled by the Minnesota Democratic-Farmer-Labor (DFL) Party, which is the state affiliate of the national Democratic Party.

Walz emphasized his support for abortion during his first (successful) run for governor in 2018. During a speech at his state party convention in June of that year, he ticked off a list of progressive stances he took as a member of the U.S. House of Representatives, during a time when Nancy Pelosi was the U.S. House leader of the Democrats.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/presidential/3132638/trump-women-reproductive-rights-rhetorical-shift/

Former President Donald Trump played a much different tone than previously on the topic of abortion and women’s rights, saying his administration would be “great for women and their reproductive rights.”

• VisionVision Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 24

The abortion debate will continue well after we have left this planet. The "Old men telling women what to do with their bodies", "Don't tell me I can't own guns but I'll tell you what to do with your body....", "When does life begin....", "The Bible says..... But I don't believe in your God...." . These arguments will rage on for a very long time.

Good luck pulling someone/anyone out of their cement shoes stance on this topic. I think both parties know that there are sheep out there and they know they are the wolves. All they need to do is get a flock together and then pounce.

• OutdoorsSmoke_21191OutdoorsSmoke_21191 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭✭✭

A good cigar and whiskey solve most problems.

@Stubble , thanks for the articles. Cleared a couple things up for me. Also, the Circus meme helped more clearly illustrate the heart of the point I've been trying to make. Sometimes it feels that none of it is real, all just a show to keep us quiet and distracted. My more serious question is still; how long will this hold together? Not looking good to me.

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,420 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks likely a deal was made, maybe a cabinet position?

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. suspended his presidential campaign and endorsed Donald Trump. He said he was dropping off the ballot in battleground states to avoid helping Kamala Harris and campaigned with Trump in Arizona.