Home Non Cigar Related

Political Discussions

Comments

• VisionVision Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭✭✭

@YankeeMan said:
    Trump's problem is that he was a good president but a horrible human being. Biden is a bad president and fumbling human being.

I'm not sure vanilla can be accused of being bad. Can you share what he has done that's bad?

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

Iignorance displayed by the Supreme Court justices > @Vision said:

@YankeeMan said:
    Trump's problem is that he was a good president but a horrible human being. Biden is a bad president and fumbling human being.

I'm not sure vanilla can be accused of being bad. Can you share what he has done that's bad?

I like vanilla. Vanilla is the most popular flavor of ice cream. You can’t seriously call Biden vanilla. He’s more like two scoops of yellow snow.

• Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Vision said:

@YankeeMan described Biden as a bad president and fumbling human being, not vanilla. You can explain why you don't think Biden is a bad president and fumbling human being, you can ask Yankee to explain why he thinks Biden is a bad president and a fumbling human being, but you can't just plaster a different term, with a different meaning, over the terms he chose to use and then demand an explanation. That is, if you expect an open, honest, and constructive exchange of thoughts and ideas.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Vision said:

@YankeeMan said:

Have you bought gas lately? How about the invasion at our southern border. Have you noticed store shelves empty, not just paper products. Inflation at a 40 year high. Not just vanilla.

A little dirt never hurt
    edited February 2022

@Hobbes86 said:

@Vision said:

@YankeeMan described Biden as a bad president and fumbling human being, not vanilla. You can explain why you don't think Biden is a bad president and fumbling human being, you can ask Yankee to explain why he thinks Biden is a bad president and a fumbling human being, but you can't just plaster a different term, with a different meaning, over the terms he chose to use and then demand an explanation. That is, if you expect an open, honest, and constructive exchange of thoughts and ideas.

Ok.... I have no idea what this means so I'll move on to someone who actually answered my question. I called him vanilla because he lacks substance, lacks charisma.

Edit: This from Merriam-Webster (dictionary)

lacking distinction : PLAIN, ORDINARY, CONVENTIONAL

Glad I could clear that up for you.

edited February 2022

@dirtdude said:

@Vision said:

@YankeeMan said:

Have you bought gas lately? How about the invasion at our southern border. Have you noticed store shelves empty, not just paper products. Inflation at a 40 year high. Not just vanilla.

Ok... points we can talk about! Shelves around here I can't speak to being empty. Was out last night and didn't see anything out of the norm. Inflation, yup. Southern border, not sure if that's a new "Biden" issue as the last multiple presidents did nothing to little to stop the border crossings.

Edit : Grammar

Post edited by Vision on
  • d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok... points we can talk about! Shelves around here I can't speak to being empty. Was out last night and didn't see anything out of the norm. Inflation, yup. Southern border, not sure if that's a new "Biden issue as the last multiple presidents didn't nothing to little to stop the border crossings.

Surely you've been paying more attention than that.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

@d_blades said:

Ok... points we can talk about! Shelves around here I can't speak to being empty. Was out last night and didn't see anything out of the norm. Inflation, yup. Southern border, not sure if that's a new "Biden issue as the last multiple presidents didn't nothing to little to stop the border crossings.

Surely you've been paying more attention than that.

But does that mean I have to only disagree with what he is doing?

edited February 2022

I'm sorry guys wrong thread. This thread isn't for discourse, it's for bomb throwing and bashing. Let's be real honest. It's not about the president who is in office.... it's about the one who didn't get re-elected into office.

Edit:

I can't wait till the next election!

edited February 2022

@Vision said:
    But does that mean I have to only disagree with what he is doing?

No, but you were provided some examples of why folks think he is a bad president and you failed to counter-point them. Saying, "inflation, yup" when someone brings up the record inflation we've been experiencing does nothing to help discourse.

Edit:

Claiming that the only honest answer here is that we all take issue with Biden simply because he is president and Trump is not, is foolish, ignorant, and insulting.

• YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022

@Vision said:

@YankeeMan said:

Some of this has been mentioned but let's start with inflation, gas prices, Afghanistan, supply chain issues, people losing jobs over vaccine mandates, border issues (Like him or not, Trump was making a dent,) nominating a woman as head of the Bureau of Land Management who was a terrorist driving spikes into trees to injure lumberjacks. The only reason she didn't do time is because she ratted out her comrades. He also nominated an anti gun person for head of ATF&E.

He chose Harris as Vice President to get votes. She has done nothing but giggle and lose most of her office staff. He is supposed to be the most powerful man in the world and he can't read a teleprompter without **** it up and being nasty with reporters who dare to ask him a difficult question if he takes questions at all.

Being completely fair and putting politics aside, the easier question is to name one good thing Biden has done.

@Vision: I don't know where you live but you are truly blessed. The rest of the country is experiencing shortages. Where I live in North Carolina, we are having problems. I shop at a major food chain with several stores in the area. There have been times when the beef and chicken sections have been empty or only have a few items. I have had to go to several of their stores to get items because of empty shelves. I'm not talking about exotic items but every day items like fruit, eggs or bread..

@Vision said:
    Ok.... I have no idea what this means so I'll move on to someone who actually answered my question. I called him vanilla because he lacks substance, lacks charisma.

It seemed to me that, by labelling vanilla what Yankee labelled bad and fumbling, you were being disingenuous. However, it was also later at night and perhaps I simply misjudged. However, you later mention how this isn't the thread for discourse and instead it is more for bomb throwing. Well, you do I heck of a lot of bomb throwing and rude commenting.

@Hobbes86 said:

@Vision said:

Well, you do I heck of a lot of bomb throwing and rude commenting.

This coming from a guy who wandered in a month ago..... Why not stick around a while, actually get to know me, and then be rude. Most, if not all (other then yourself) know my sarcasm and understand I literally could not care any less about all this BS. I'm asking questions. You sir, contribute nothing.

@Vision said:
    This coming from a guy who wandered in a month ago..... Why not stick around a while, actually get to know me, and then be rude. Most, if not all (other then yourself) know my sarcasm and understand I literally could not care any less about all this BS. I'm asking questions. You sir, contribute nothing.

Well, if it is all just a matter of getting to know your sense of humor, then I will learn in time, hopefully.

You aren't just asking questions though and you do care about all this BS. That is why you pay attention to this thread and it is why you come to the defense of your preferred candidate or political party at virtually every opportunity.

I know there are men here who contribute more wisdom, discernment, and knowledge than I do. Some of them are even on the opposite side of the issues from me. Therefore I try to contribute what I can while also learning from all the greybeards around here.

• d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was mainly talking about the border comment. You can't maintain a country, if you can't maintain it's borders. Both sides of the aisle have members that promote open borders, including former republican presidents and current members of Congress.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

@d_blades said:
    I was mainly talking about the border comment. You can't maintain a country, if you can't maintain it's borders. Both sides of the aisle have members that promote open borders, including former republican presidents and current members of Congress.

My agree.

@Hobbes86 said:

@Vision said:

Well, if it is all just a matter of getting to know your sense of humor, then I will learn in time, hopefully.

You aren't just asking questions though and you do care about all this BS. That is why you pay attention to this thread and it is why you come to the defense of your preferred candidate or political party at virtually every opportunity.

I know there are men here who contribute more wisdom, discernment, and knowledge than I do. Some of them are even on the opposite side of the issues from me. Therefore I try to contribute what I can while also learning from all the greybeards around here.

My man. Another misstep on your part.

"That is why you pay attention to this thread and it is why you come to the defense of your preferred candidate or political party at virtually every opportunity."

My man.... I'm a proud registered Republican. I don't have to be a total lemming and follow lockstep with what the head of my party, or others say and do right?

@Vision said:
    My man. Another misstep on your part.

"That is why you pay attention to this thread and it is why you come to the defense of your preferred candidate or political party at virtually every opportunity."

My man.... I'm a proud registered Republican. I don't have to be a total lemming and follow lockstep with what the head of my party, or others say and do right?

@Hobbes86
    I was always told I will learn more by opening my ears then my mouth. This is why I ask the questions. Also. I read all..... all the threads. I don't drink but keep up with the beer thread as well... should I stop reading that thread too?

edited February 2022

@Vision said:
    I was always told I will learn more by opening my ears then my mouth. This is why I ask the questions. Also. I read all..... all the threads. I don't drink but keep up with the beer thread as well... should I stop reading that thread too?

You can read whatever threads you'd like to. However, know that when you keep up with threads folks will get the impression (unless they know otherwise) that you are interested in the topics of those threads.

Edit was to remove my @ from the quote.

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,220 ✭✭✭✭✭

Trump put up the money to close our gaping southern border and it was being done. The contractors were paid. Biden came into office and immediately halted construction and let the contractors keep the money. Not just financially wasteful but harmful to the country. His anti-American stance on the 2A rights of Americans is also deeply troubling for the republic. That topic could fuel its own thread itself.

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.

@ShawnOL said:
    Trump put up the money to close our gaping southern border and it was being done. The contractors were paid. Biden came into office and immediately halted construction and let the contractors keep the money. Not just financially wasteful but harmful to the country. His anti-American stance on the 2A rights of Americans is also deeply troubling for the republic. That topic could fuel its own thread itself.

Trump put up taxpayer money. Correct?

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,220 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, it was taxpayer money. All the more reason to be pissed off.

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.

edited February 2022

@ShawnOL said:
    Yes, it was taxpayer money. All the more reason to be pissed off.

Oh I absolutely agree. Could we have taken that money and put it elsewhere...... Maybe. But where do we put it then? Homeland security? Ice? Not really sure where any of it could have gone to make a huge difference.

Edit for spelling

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,682 ✭✭✭✭✭

If memory serves, the Obama Whitehouse was putting together some comprehensive drug treatment programs that would use proven techniques in reducing drug abuse and promote personal responsibility and self-reliance in users, without resorting to the draconian abusive measures that government had failed with for the previous 80 years.

That all dried up as soon as D. T. took office.

Of course, an enormous amount of untraceable untaxable illicit income would also dry up if all those addicts turned into people in need of help, instead of the bizarre demons they'd been reported to be.

Maybe the funds could be used for something like that?

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,682 ✭✭✭✭✭

Or, how about a public service announcement campaign promoting the idea that there's only ONE human race? And that the varying shades of its members are insignificant cosmetic differences among a community of equals? And that it's not actually possible to punish people who've been dead for a couple hundred years for what are now considered crimes?

My inner man-of-La-Mancha is showing.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    If memory serves, the Obama Whitehouse was putting together some comprehensive drug treatment programs that would use proven techniques in reducing drug abuse and promote personal responsibility and self-reliance in users, without resorting to the draconian abusive measures that government had failed with for the previous 80 years.

That all dried up as soon as D. T. took office.

Of course, an enormous amount of untraceable untaxable illicit income would also dry up if all those addicts turned into people in need of help, instead of the bizarre demons they'd been reported to be.

Maybe the funds could be used for something like that?

I honestly have said this to Frank many times. I wish I could speak as eloquently and as poignant as most of you guys do. Sometimes my thoughts do not come out properly when trying to put them to words...... And I mean this to everyone on both sides of the debate. This is why I keep up on all of the topics. To educate myself. I believe you need to evolve and learn from both sides or risk becoming a dinosaur.

@Vision said:

I wish I could speak as eloquently and as poignant as most of you guys do. Sometimes my thoughts do not come out properly when trying to put them to words......

I have this same wish for myself.

@ShawnOL said:
    Biden came into office and immediately halted construction and let the contractors keep the money. Not just financially wasteful but harmful to the country.

I honestly do not understand why folks wouldn't want our southern border all buttoned up with a functional wall. Walls are a go-to measure when trying to protect a given area. It would help to alleviate illegal crossings, not eliminate but alleviate, and more people will have to go through our generous (in comparison to other countries) legal avenues for coming into our country. It seems so logical to me.