Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Things I Hate

Comments

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,417 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's bare only because I removed the breaker to check it.

It's my kid's breaker panel at their house.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Careful, Sparky!
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't touch that thing.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate how people get offended when you ask them who dresses them in the morning.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate that it's 74° in February.
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    I hate that I dropped of two SFR USPS boxes to ship last Wednesday and they just got picked up this week.
  • Options
    I hate snow!
    And stupid people who can't drive in snow, but insist on driving in it.
    And the morons who think their little 3,000 lb POS is any match for a plow truck, that they think that the plow truck should move out of their way.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,552 ✭✭✭✭✭
                                                                the flu
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
                                                                the flu

Vodka from the freezer and hot sauce. Then gobble all the Halos you can eat.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    deadman said:
    When scumbags get you card numbers and go on a shopping spree.

I am still fighting Synchrony Bank about my Sam's Club MC. They refuse to send me a clean statement and expect me to pay on bogus charges. I have recorded every conversation with them and am waiting to be dragged into court. They are the most arrogant could care less bank I have ever dealt with. So, if that has happened to you, be prepared.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, sounds like Banksters, alright.  >:)
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    jd50ae said:
    deadman said:
    When scumbags get you card numbers and go on a shopping spree.

I am still fighting Synchrony Bank about my Sam's Club MC. They refuse to send me a clean statement and expect me to pay on bogus charges. I have recorded every conversation with them and am waiting to be dragged into court. They are the most arrogant could care less bank I have ever dealt with. So, if that has happened to you, be prepared.
    Jd got mine back quick this time around.

Now I’m fighting the city’s insurance company to fix my truck. Think I going to have to lawyer up on this one.
  • Options
    Significant3Significant3 Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate the Apple store
  • Options
    I hate AT&T.
    I made the mistake of switching.
    They said they would pay $650 per line to pay off phones. 
    I found out after getting all hooked up, we send in the old phones, they evaluate them and pay Verizon what they think they are worth. 
    I still owe Verizon $800.

Perfect.

And their service sucks. 
    I'm not talking minor cell coverage problems, I'm talking I can't stand on my front porch and make a call.
    I had to buy a booster to hook up in the house, just to be able to make any calls or send and recieve texts.

We found out we can make calls over the WiFi, so that helps.

So now we either go back to Verizon or we found out T-mobile uses Verizon's towers and they are working up a proposal in writing for us and if I like it, we switch to them. 

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,552 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    jd50ae said:
                                                                the flu

Vodka from the freezer and hot sauce. Then gobble all the Halos you can eat.

As entertaining as that sounds, it's the wife who's down sick with it, and she drinks no alcohol, can't take hot sauce at all, and when I told her to buy some fruit on her last sojourn to holy Walmart, she came back with 1, (yes, one) orange and a sack full of lemons.  

It's wearing her out.  (the flu)

She's wearing me out.

Back spasms and sciatica all in full blown gory glory, I'm using a cane to get around the house today, and taking the meds that I usually try to avoid for the back pain.

Sigh  :( 

This, too, shall pass.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Amos_Umwhat

i sympathize, my friend. But, every day I re-learn the adage, “Old age isn’t for sissies”. That could be modified to “REALLY isn’t for sissies.....”.   :#
  • Options
    @Amos_Umwhat 

I get yelled at if someone sees me without my cane. Seems they are tired of picking me up (which takes 3 of them). Oranges and D3 and B12 seem to help a lot when a cold or the like hits on me. For some reason the oranges (Halos) seem to give me an energy boost. Became dehydrated with the last cold/flu and my wife got me a really big bottle of Tropicana and it worked wonders, did not drink it gently.

@jlmarta

I wonder if the "young" of today have any idea how much worse their "old age" will be affected by the cr@p they are injesting today. My vice was my mom's blackberry cobbler.

• Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:
    @Amos_Umwhat 

I get yelled at if someone sees me without my cane. Seems they are tired of picking me up (which takes 3 of them). Oranges and D3 and B12 seem to help a lot when a cold or the like hits on me. For some reason the oranges (Halos) seem to give me an energy boost. Became dehydrated with the last cold/flu and my wife got me a really big bottle of Tropicana and it worked wonders, did not drink it gently.

@jlmarta

I wonder if the "young" of today have any idea how much worse their "old age" will be affected by the cr@p they are injesting today. My vice was my mom's blackberry cobbler.

Who knows what the long term effects of eating laundry soap will be? Nobody was stupid enough to eat it until now 
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    I beg to differ, I've heard many a tale of doing laundry on a washboard with a bar of soap andand mak your kids stand with a bar of soap in their mouth when they misbehaved.
  • Options
    Yakster said:
    I beg to differ, I've heard many a tale of doing laundry on a washboard with a bar of soap andand mak your kids stand with a bar of soap in their mouth when they misbehaved.
    I have heard of this also, however, first hand experience tells me that i did not bite or swallow and spit profusely the first chance i had.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Once you learned to hold the bar of soap in your teeth and not let your tongue and lips touch it, it wasn't terrible. LOL!
    Except when one of your little brothers popped you in the jaw and made you bite down on it.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    0patience said:
    Once you learned to hold the bar of soap in your teeth and not let your tongue and lips touch it, it wasn't terrible. LOL!
    Except when one of your little brothers popped you in the jaw and made you bite down on it.
    Luckily i was the big brother to a sister that feared me LOL
    The same sis that danced with me this past weekend and i didnt step on her toes much
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,726 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hackers. Just got off the phone with my cc fraud prevention folks. Last transaction by me was with a cigar etailer (not ccom). Won't say which one 'cause I don't know if that was the source of the problem for sure. This is the third tobacco-store-related (maybe) security breach, they seem to be especially targeted by hackers.
  • Options
    I don’t like people that go half the posted speed limit. I can’t stand people that go half the speed limit on the way home from work. I FN hate that crap on the way home from work on Friday and I got the weekend off.
  • Options
    deadman said:
    I don’t like people that go half the posted speed limit. I can’t stand people that go half the speed limit on the way home from work. I FN hate that crap on the way home from work on Friday and I got the weekend off.
    Hallalugah, brother Nick! Can I get an amen? I'm typically the most easy goin guy around, but when I get behind people who can't drive my anger level goes to 110%. Was late for work today because some guy decided he wanted to do 35 on a two lane rated 55, and I left 10 minutes early because I know how they drive around here on weekends. 
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Markwell said:
    deadman said:
    Hallalugah, brother Nick! Can I get an amen? I'm typically the most easy goin guy around, but when I get behind people who can't drive my anger level goes to 110%. Was late for work today because some guy decided he wanted to do 35 on a two lane rated 55, and I left 10 minutes early because I know how they drive around here on weekends. 
    This is everyday. I have a good drive to get to to work. Hour and 20 minutes. The drivers get worse the closer I get into town. The locals get mad cause I call it Mocksville Syndrome; after the town I work in. 
  • Options
    deadman said:
    This is everyday. I have a good drive to get to to work. Hour and 20 minutes. The drivers get worse the closer I get into town. The locals get mad cause I call it Mocksville Syndrome; after the town I work in. 
    I have to be careful who I tailgate in my line of work. If it's any of the regular customers they recognize the car and I get to hear about it later - one of the cons associated with living in Mayberry Valley. Had a customer come in mad yesterday because I didn't wave at them...then they asked me what I was doing 20 miles away from work...uhmmm I live over there. What were YOU doing?
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,726 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New research shows that if we all kept an equal distance between the cars in front of and behind us -- an approach described as "bilateral control" -- we would all get where we're going almost twice as quickly.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/12/171214092319.htm