Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Things I Hate

Comments

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just be happy y'all have someone to talk to.  The walls here never ask me to repeat myself.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭✭✭
    deadman said:
    What about those of us who admit our poor hearing and ask people to speak up? Or at least speak in our direction? My wonderful, perfect in almost every way wife, has a rather irritating habit of starting a sentence and midway through, physically turning around and starting to walk away while still talking. What's a deaf guy supposed to do with that?
    Mine still talks from the other room and knows I have no idea what she is saying. 

But we are so well trained that we nod, grin, and reply "Yes Dear".

Remember the 3 rings to marriage.

Engagement ring.

Wedding Ring.

SuffeRING.

Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    Just be happy y'all have someone to talk to.  The walls here never ask me to repeat myself.
    Just for the record if they start to, that’s a whole other problem 
    It’s not the hearing voices that’s a problem, it’s  it’s when you start answering them. 
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gloria Allred, doing for American Justice what Mr. Ghaddafi and Robert Mugabe did for African Democracy.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    doing things "by the book" when common sense would work better. For instance, fedex 'sure post' dropped my package off at the wrong post office, 3 miles away, it got picked back up and instead of dropping it off at the right post office it was sent to the city 90 miles away, incurring a delay of eight days, maybe more....

Date/Time
    Activity Location
    12/23/2017 - Saturday
    10:50 pm In transit BOSTON, MA
    In transit to local Post Office - Allow two to three additional days for delivery
    12/19/2017 - Tuesday
    8:36 am Delivery exception BREWSTER, MA
    Rerouted to correct delivery address
    7:35 am In transit DENNIS, MA
    In transit to U.S. Postal Service
    7:31 am At U.S. Postal Service facility BREWSTER, MA
    Accepted by U.S. Postal Service - Tracking ID 9261292700880122500152
    4:25 am Shipment information sent to U.S. Postal Service
    4:07 am Departed FedEx location
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭✭✭
    doing things "by the book" when common sense would work better. For instance, fedex 'sure post' dropped my package off at the wrong post office, 3 miles away, it got picked back up and instead of dropping it off at the right post office it was sent to the city 90 miles away, incurring a delay of eight days, maybe more....

Date/Time
    Activity Location
    12/23/2017 - Saturday
    10:50 pm In transit BOSTON, MA
    In transit to local Post Office - Allow two to three additional days for delivery
    12/19/2017 - Tuesday
    8:36 am Delivery exception BREWSTER, MA
    Rerouted to correct delivery address
    7:35 am In transit DENNIS, MA
    In transit to U.S. Postal Service
    7:31 am At U.S. Postal Service facility BREWSTER, MA
    Accepted by U.S. Postal Service - Tracking ID 9261292700880122500152
    4:25 am Shipment information sent to U.S. Postal Service
    4:07 am Departed FedEx location
    Like you this drives me nutso.  The UPS Opa Locka distribution center is 6.5 miles from my house.  When a package comes in, they literally drive by my neighborhood to bring the package to the post office 7 miles in the other direction. Then I can plan on another day or two before I see the package,
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fedex hosed me when my coolidor Spanish cedar order came a while ago. Those idiots dropped it off at the other 20502 in the neighborhood and gets better, it was a Direct Signature shipment and the Fedex person intentionally forged my signature and signed the scanner themselves and left it on my neighbors front porch…Drove to neighbors house as its happened years ago and there it was waiting for a thief to come steal it. They weren't home so I had to carry it off their front porch with other neighbors watching me probably thought I was stealing their package…lol 
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thieves. 
  • Options
    the executive "we" as in 'we need to pull the rest of the beets before the ground freezes'.
  • Options
    I hate that my wife can't make it through the holidays without starting a major fight.  I suppose I should be grateful, it's after Christmas.  20 years ago we'd have had 7 or 8 major fights by now.  I just don't get the "need" she has to create a major blow-up.  

Mystified.  

I hate it.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That native Pennsylvanians do 30mph on I-81 (rated 65) because there's a half inch of snow on the ground. YOU HAVE A JEEP....USE IT!!!!
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Markwell said:
    That native Pennsylvanians do 30mph on I-81 (rated 65) because there's a half inch of snow on the ground. YOU HAVE A JEEP....USE IT!!!!
     :D As soon as they move down here they try to do 65 in a 35 on 1/2 inch of ice.
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    deadman said:
    Markwell said:
     :D As soon as they move down here they try to do 65 in a 35 on 1/2 inch of ice.

Since moving south, I've notices that with an inch of snow it's like bumper cars!  Now that I am teaching college (those that can't do, teach) I love it.  Three snow flakes and we are closed for a week!
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Markwell said:
    Jeeps don't stop any faster on snow than anything else.  Just saying; it's not the going or steering even that causes snow accidents, it's the (not) stopping.

I guess I'm at the point where if someone feels they need to go slower for safety in poor conditions, who am I to say otherwise?  Granted, my stretch of I-83 is one of the most dangerous around.  I live between two exits, one of them had a LOX spill not too long ago. We're closed for semi accidents every month it seems.  Any time it rains.  Help us when it snows.

Now, what I hate, driving related, is the bridge underpass by my house that's under 12 feet and narrow enough that they decided they shouldn't allow two vehicles at a time under it just a few years ago.  Too much reliance on GPS has at least one trucker a week trying to figure out how to back up on a curve in a narrow road.  Happened this morning.

At least it was right behind me.  I didn't get stuck.  Thankfully, he's heading against the flow of morning traffic, too, so he won't block the commute too much.

Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess I've still got that young, Irish temper when it comes to people driving that slow. My personal feeling is that they're more of a hazard to the road than the weather conditions. If you're not comfortable doing something close to the limit (+/-10) get off the road. 

I can relate to gps stupidity. Our delivery truck was over 2 hours late getting to the store yesterday. He was 8 miles down the road but relied on his Garmin which took him across the Susquehanna to the west shore, up to Selinsgrove, back across the Susquehanna, then down the east shore. Trip took him 1hr 15mins...should take 10mins. Why on God's green earth wouldn't you look at the map prior to starting your trip?
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not driving related at all but i popped into a fast food joint and placed a to go order. Like every single person who gets a to go order, the second it was up I grabbed it and split. I get down the road a minute or two and tear into it. No napkins whatsoever and that burger was a soup sandwich. When did they stop putting napkins in the to go orders?
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate almonds, walnuts and every other kind of nuts in ice cream.
    I love rocky road, but hate the nuts.

https://youtu.be/dW9liiGyP_g
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate all the mistakes I made in the past. The things i did and didn't do. There are several I didn't do.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • Options
    Sleddog46 said:
     There are several I didn't do.
    Do you still have their phone numbers?  >:) 

Just kidding!:D

• Options
    people who come to work sick when they have plenty of sick days
  • Options
    I hate when a "mangler"/manager tells you, "What all has been done to this piece of equipment?" And the 5th time explaining it, you still lose them halfway through it. EVEN with a detailed print out. 

Screw it, this is the total cost. It's fixed, that's all you need to know.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    I hate when I spend a week in the loaner truck, adjusting my mirrors and seat and wheel by minutia until I'm finally comfortable, and then it's time to get back in my regular truck and I have to do it all over again. I want to know who adjusted my regular ride, since it never moved more than 300 feet that week. Who tweaks every adjustment to drive 100 yards?
  • Options
    I hate when I'm only back in my regular rig for an hour and a half before something else breaks
  • Options
    Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleddog46 said:
     There are several I didn't do.
    Do you still have their phone numbers?  >:) 

Just kidding!:D
    Maybe I do, Maybe I don't. Whats it worth to you?         
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Towboats
  • Options
    I hate that a couple years ago, the implemented a no tobacco policy at work. For 10 years, I was able smoke a cigar in my service truck and in the field. Now, I cannot smoke in my truck, even though I am the only one who drives or rides in it. I can smoke out in the filed, as long as there are no other people around, but it is still one thing that irritates me.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't hate anything or anybody.There are some folks that I think need to  be burned at the stake but it's not personal
    Some people need a high five. In the face. With a chair.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...