Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Things I Hate

Comments

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember the first time my Dad ate boiled okra, when asked if he liked it he said:  "It's OK, but I have to remember to cross my legs when I swallow so's not to lose it!"
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    The Wife and I love okra, the kids not at all.  Your idea for okra lube reminds me of the Grace and Frankie TV show where Frankie is making lube from yams.  

I like gumbo with okra in it, but my MIL hates okra so I never get it, but I can't complain when someone is shelling out their time and money to make a homemade seafood gumbo.  I keep trying to explain to her that the dictionary definition of gumbo is okra, but she's not buying it.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm so lost. 
    I have no idea what okra is.
    Asked the wife, cause she's a cook and all she said was, "You won't eat is, so don't think about it."

So I'm still lost. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    The okra pieces in those vegetable chips are tasty and no slime 

• Options
    Now I'm looking at grilled okra recipes and one where you wrap it in bacon and smoke 'em. Sounds good, I'll have to try it out. 
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    Now I'm looking at grilled okra recipes and one where you wrap it in bacon and smoke 'em. Sounds good, I'll have to try it out. 
    Doesn't the bacon make them hard to light??    :p
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    D.C. Traffic

And I haven't even been down there yet, today.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When men have their wives call in for parts. 
    Wife: my husband ,boyfriend needs a battery for his motorcycle.
    me: what kind of bike does he have?
    wife: I don't know, hold on, yells trying to cover the phone, hey what kind of bike do you have? In the background you hear Yamaha and she says Yamaha 
    Me: What year and model?
    wife: I don't know.
    me: anyway you could put him on the phone since he is right there?
    wife: that would make sense wouldn't it.
    Me: Yea, happens all the time.

btw,  I have a motorcycle dealership for sale if anyone is interested!
  • Options
    108 F days on three day weekends, to hot to go outside to enjoy a cigar, cold coffee time. 
  • Options
    Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I HATE Stink bugs. Here in Jersey they must be making their final onslaught before winter comes. I just went out to open the patio umbrella and there must of been 50 inside, plus they are on the doors and windows trying to get in the house.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • Options
    MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    They used to be horrible at this time of year back in Delaware. You gotta retire up here towards the Poconos @Sleddog46. No stink bugs...just the occasional bigfoot.
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    I hate Fakebook, Tweaker, MSN and all the websites that put 100 ads on one page and make you click 100 times to read a 4 paragraph article.
    I could be wrong about Fakebook or Tweaker, but MSN and just about every other website is going that direction.
    They are starting to put their articles on 10 pages, so have to click through a crap load of pages to read the article. It's very annoying.
    Even newspapers are starting to do it.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    Markwell said:
    They used to be horrible at this time of year back in Delaware. You gotta retire up here towards the Poconos @Sleddog46. No stink bugs...just the occasional bigfoot.
    Markwell, Big Foot I can deal with...LOL It's the stinks that drive me crazy. Actually we have been thinking of relocating to the Mountains of N.C.
  • Options
    I hate trying to use search engines that fill the first 3 pages with "sponsors" and trying to figure out the right combination of words to actually get to pages that are relevant.

I was trying to find replacement seat assemblies for my SS.
    Should be a simple thing.
    Enter "2005 Silverado front seats".

The first 3 pages don't even come close to being relevant, the next 30 pages are for a mix of crap and seat covers.

Ok, try again. Enter "2005 Silverado front seats -covers". 
    Same results. 

Although, I did manage to find a couple places that have replacement seats, the combinations of entering stuff in the search is kind of a pain.

I remember a time when you entered "Chevy truck seats" and the results were actually what you were looking for.

Google, Yahoo and all of them have sold out. They are no longer search engines, but sales machines.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The people in line behind you (ex. Walmart) that get all up on the card reader or in front of it when you're trying to pay. 
  • Options
    I hate that @Sleddog46 cursed our valley. This is the first stink bug I've ever seen up here.

“Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    Markwell said:
    I hate that @Sleddog46 cursed our valley. This is the first stink bug I've ever seen up here.

Hey Markwell, didn't want to hog all the fun for myself... Just consider it a little gift LOL. I bet it brings back fond memories... ENJOY
  • Options
    Cooked the SOB with my 3 torch Moretti LOL
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^Sounds like y'all need to to exterminate! I hate bugs, mosquitoes mostly. Almost all of these products should do the job quite effectively. Get em before they multiply!!!

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    I like the way you Texans roll. Just kill everything  :D
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    torrential rain storms (from the hurricane) right after I've re-seeded the parking lot.
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Markwell said:
    I like the way you Texans roll. Just kill everything  :D
    I try my best not to spray flowering plants but other than that, like the bottle says Cyonara :D
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    Aah!  THAT explains it!!  My wife tried to use that to get me a box of San Cristobal.  Good woman, she bought it anyway.  :)
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    I guess I lucked out when I applied it to the DDD on the Cu-Avana Punisher Jalapeno Popper (Perfecto) (4.0"x52)
  • Options
    I hate that people who are losing their hearing never admit that it's their hearing that's the problem.

No, it's not their hearing, it's just that nowadays everyone mumbles.

You know, when folks get older and their eyesight fails, they don't accuse everyone of getting fuzzy-looking, they get glasses.

"um, hon', you know you always turn the TV volume up to 38 or so, and I like it just fine at 9.  Maybe it's your hearing?"

"No, there's something wrong with the speakers, they sound fuzzy".

Must be because she was a Tank Gunner once upon a time.  

Oh, wait, that was me.  :*

• Options
    edited December 2017
    I hate that people who are losing their hearing never admit that it's their hearing that's the problem.

No, it's not their hearing, it's just that nowadays everyone mumbles.

You know, when folks get older and their eyesight fails, they don't accuse everyone of getting fuzzy-looking, they get glasses.

"um, hon', you know you always turn the TV volume up to 38 or so, and I like it just fine at 9.  Maybe it's your hearing?"

"No, there's something wrong with the speakers, they sound fuzzy".

Must be because she was a Tank Gunner once upon a time.  

Oh, wait, that was me.  :*
    HUH? WHADDYA SAY???
  • Options
    Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about those of us who admit our poor hearing and ask people to speak up? Or at least speak in our direction? My wonderful, perfect in almost every way wife, has a rather irritating habit of starting a sentence and midway through, physically turning around and starting to walk away while still talking. What's a deaf guy supposed to do with that?
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about those of us who admit our poor hearing and ask people to speak up? Or at least speak in our direction? My wonderful, perfect in almost every way wife, has a rather irritating habit of starting a sentence and midway through, physically turning around and starting to walk away while still talking. What's a deaf guy supposed to do with that?
    Mine still talks from the other room and knows I have no idea what she is saying. 
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When mine began losing her hearing she’d always ask you to repeat what you said. After a while that became a habit. So now, when she has megabucks hearing aids that I can control the volume from an app on my iPhone so I know she can hear me, she still asks me to repeat everything I fvcking say. That drives me right up the fvcking wall..... AAaarrgghh!!