Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Things I Hate

Comments

• Options
    Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 things. 1 When you call a business or Doctor and they promise to return your call and you end up having to call them back half a dozen times or you sit on hold forever only to get a voicemail.
    2 When someone says I'll be there at 12:00 and 2 hours later your still waiting for them to show up.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate smoking a cigar in cold weather! Ruins the damn flavor! Drives me insane!
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't like people who think that the internet/social media/etc give them a license to be a douche. 

I belong to a Chevy Super Sport group. It's a group of people who are Chevy SS owners and enthusiasts. Today, a guy asked if wheels from a Sierra would fit his Silverado and a couple guys had to make comments about being stupid and that made him a class A ****.

Me being me, couldn't let that slide and told them that wasn't cool at all.
    So now, I'm the A4$hole? Ok. I'm good with that. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    LoneSmokerLoneSmoker Posts: 286 ✭✭✭
    I hate when people call Oliva cigars Olivia
    LoneSmoker

With just a single cigar, we can escape from the cares of the world. - Richard Carleton Hacker
  • Options
    MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate when people call Oliva cigars Olivia
    Guilty of doing that once upon a time. 
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    LoneSmokerLoneSmoker Posts: 286 ✭✭✭
    Or Perdermal for Perdomo
    LoneSmoker

With just a single cigar, we can escape from the cares of the world. - Richard Carleton Hacker
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,417 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or Cow for C.A.O.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or Perdermal for Perdomo

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,256 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to say A. V. O. Is that worse than sayin cow? I think so. 
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Bob_Luken said:

Absolutely!!  (Kinda like a double yes...)
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,256 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stubble said:
    Bob_Luken said:

Absolutely!!  (Kinda like a double yes...)
    Vherf if you wanna say it to my face. My cold, snot drippin face. 
  • Options
    MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always thought it was "Five Vegas" until you guys put me right. No habla zee Mexicahn. 
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,552 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Smoked a Pardon, 1964...

Though that may be spell-check
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Smoked a Pardon, 1964...

Though that may be spell-check
    Why did you hate the Padron 1964? Honestly just curious.
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    0patience said:
    TX98Z28 said:
    I hate smoking a cigar in cold weather! Ruins the damn flavor! Drives me insane!
    I've been trying for some time to get my front porch squared away for that exact reason. We enclosed it and are trying to get it finished up, but with kids piling stuff into it, have to have some place to put all the crap.
    So with current events, it may be spring before I can get back to it.

I'm planning on installing a ventilation for the cigar smoke and all.
    Awesome plan! My plan is putting one of those blowing heaters right by my head to warm my face/air LOL… Hopefully will get warm enough for me to be able to taste again. 
  • Options
    @Amos_Umwhat, I just figured out you were referring to spelling and not the cigar lol
  • Options
    Yeah, for some reason, that misspelling was hard to spot right away.
  • Options

Insomnia. 

Insomnia and tinnitus, but mostly insomnia.

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got 11 8 ft florcesent lights in my studio that have been up for 30 years. Every now and then I have to replace a ballast. With the new electronic ballasts I can't just replace the ballast I have to rewire the whole damn light. 12 ft ceilings and a 8 ft stepladder is getting harder this 71 year old.
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got 11 8 ft florcesent lights in my studio that have been up for 30 years. Every now and then I have to replace a ballast. With the new electronic ballasts I can't just replace the ballast I have to rewire the whole damn light. 12 ft ceilings and a 8 ft stepladder is getting harder this 71 year old.
    Keep the fire going Roger and you will be fine, keep that work going in your studio and you will never be old
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,552 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    We had to take our old Boxer for her final ride to the vet.  She got sick, then seemed better, then went downhill fast.  Turned out to have a large tumor growing in her abdomen.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    We had to take our old Boxer for her final ride to the vet.  She got sick, then seemed better, then went downhill fast.  Turned out to have a large tumor growing in her abdomen.

Very sorry to hear this, I lost my cat Sandy last Friday she also had a tumor except in her stomach. This is the 3rd boxer I've heard of that has had an abdominal tumor…makes me wonder whats really in the food we're feeding are animals. Seems animals are getting f****** cancer just like humans now and for what reason? F****** why? 
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear that, Steve.

Vance @twistedstem had to say goodbye to his long-time friend/dog a couple days ago too... posted a few things on fb, and it hit him pretty hard.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    My condolences, Steve.  It's hard to lose a family member.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate when you send a package out, check the tracking and it says, 

Expected Delivery by

WEDNESDAY 24 JANUARY 2018
    by 8:00pm

And when you check the tracking, it says, 

January 24, 2018, 12:14 pm 
    In Transit to Destination 
    On its way to XXXXXXXXX, XX XXXXX

Come on USPS, deliver the damn package already.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
     When after a long day at work,  you get that sweet, sweet, package delivery notification and head home a little bit quicker than usual. With a little more purpose and faster stride, you double time it to the neighborhood mailboxes. You've had a deathgrip on that sweaty box key the whole ride home.. Almost there..Can almost smell those tasty treats waiting for you..Hurry!
    Insert key, turn ke... Heeeyy... Why isn't it turning? Jiggle lock, try again, jiggle lock,  try again.. rinse. repeat...  15 minutes later, and looking around wondering how much racket it will make if you take a hammer and flathead to that flimsy lock. The realization dawns on you: The mailbox with a busted lock is holding your gifted cigars hostage... I HATE that. 
    I hear you on that! Same thing has happened to me with one particular parcel locker in the neighborhood. Mail lady eventually delivered the pack to the house because half the key is still in the lock lol 
  • Options
    Old breakers and ungrounded outlets

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,726 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol, I love that bare wire wandering around in the upper right corner....

That's not your breaker box is it???