Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Things I Hate

Comments

• Options
    The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    Alex Williams:
    I hate that I got thrown out of a restaraunt for teaching some drink a$$hole a lesson for grabbing my girlfriends butt. I even went outside! He landed a punch, I dislocated his jaw and popped his shoulder out of socket... Jerkoff

Now who is the intimidating gentleman ?
  • Options
    The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    Alex Williams:
    The Cank:
    Now Alex you know better than that :-)
    It has been a bad week my boss is a jerk and I'm on my way into another job and he knows it so he is being a huge ass. I don't see how people think they have the right to talk down and belittle someone. Especially someone who has been there for 7 years and just up until last week they called "one of their best employees " He was so bad on Tuesday that I really thought about not going back on Wednesday, now you must know , I have never called in and I am always at least 20 minutes early, and normally I put in anywhere between 46 and 50 hours a week to help them out....... I needed a place to vent and what better place than the "Things I Hate" Thread. Intimidating...... naw I, just like everyone else, do not like to be disrespected and I have a breaking point and it was almost reached.
    Your right! I'm sorry! It won't happen again! You are a very nice gentle teddy bear! Please don't hurt me :D But seriously, if you are quitting anyways, beat the $hit out of him. Or atleast tell him "why don't we go outside and settle this" in front of your co workers and I GUARANTEE you he will turn red, make up some excuse, go sit in his office, and not bother you again.

O I promise you I WILL get even before I leave.... Years of abuse. If its the last thing I do, I will punk his ass or maybe, just maybe he will man up and I will get to throw down with him ( which we talk about all the time ) He makes us so mad that we always talk about how much we just want to fight his ass.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I'm trying not to use the word hate so much so:

I strongly dislike when people take things for granted that others want so badly. I am in a pretty good situation in life right now, steady paycheck, a place to live, I have everything I need. But there are people that take certain things for granted that I would kill to have! It's more sad than anything really.

and the moral of the story is - Love the life you live, because if you don't, it will make Evan sad...
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Small time customers that are picky as hell, and want special considerations because they think their tiny order is huge, and waste my whole damn Sunday.
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Russ55:
    Small time customers that are picky as hell, and want special considerations because they think their tiny order is huge, and waste my whole damn Sunday.
    Ahhh, the wonderful world of retail. Where small timers demand to be treated like kings.

In any case, one other thing I hate: supervisors that drag their feet on their work, then blame you for things not getting done because they have more rank than you (or are of higher position).
  • Options
    Wholesale in this case, but you're right. It still very much carries over into the retail world. I think I'd shoot myself if I was in retail.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    I hate NBA Refs!

Even though the Celts made out tonight w some of the calls - out of bounds calls etc. And They generally got the better end of the reffing, They still shot significantly less free throws! They got jobbed on a couple T's, double fouls etc on Allen, then Artest gets away with thowing a guy to the ground w no T and you touch Kobe and its a foul! Frustrating.

I would much rather see a game where the refs are just in the background keeping the game under control.

• Options
    I hate how people of my generation forget how they've received every single right, privilege, and posession through the blood, sweat, and tears of people better than them. My generation has become one of instant gratification and entitlement. They want what they want now, and at the cost of other people's time, money, and effort.

I hate how so many people that preach tolerance are the most hateful people if you disagree with their ideas.

I also hate the fact that my generation has had to suffer nothing to get to where they are. My grandfather survived the Japanese invasion and the Rape of Nanking. He also survived the commie uprising in China, where peasants and commie idealists tortured and killed anyone that had a better education than them or had more money. My father's generation lived in perpetual fear that commies would invade their country (Taiwan). Most Americans have family that served in WW2, Vietnam, and Korea. What has my generation to suffer? No pony on their sweet 16? No xbox for their 12th birthday? Seeing chickens die in PETA videos to become food? Not going to Disneyworld for Christmas? Not being able to deal with sh*t themselves? Eff these selfish mooches.
  • Options
    Fifa Refs that act like NBA refs.
  • Options
    I hate that I stayed up late last night and watched the C's lose, only to wake up this morning and watch the US Tie.
  • Options
    JumperJumper Posts: 135
    wwhwang:
    I hate how people of my generation forget how they've received every single right, privilege, and posession through the blood, sweat, and tears of people better than them. My generation has become one of instant gratification and entitlement. They want what they want now, and at the cost of other people's time, money, and effort.

I hate how so many people that preach tolerance are the most hateful people if you disagree with their ideas.

I also hate the fact that my generation has had to suffer nothing to get to where they are. My grandfather survived the Japanese invasion and the Rape of Nanking. He also survived the commie uprising in China, where peasants and commie idealists tortured and killed anyone that had a better education than them or had more money. My father's generation lived in perpetual fear that commies would invade their country (Taiwan). Most Americans have family that served in WW2, Vietnam, and Korea. What has my generation to suffer? No pony on their sweet 16? No xbox for their 12th birthday? Seeing chickens die in PETA videos to become food? Not going to Disneyworld for Christmas? Not being able to deal with sh*t themselves? Eff these selfish mooches.

+1! Totally agree as being a member of this generation. But minus the Asian lineage hardships. I'm Irish, so I guess Gangs of New York and whiskey?
  • Options
    Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    I hate getting a phone call that wakes me up at 3:45am because some drunk jacka$$ at the hotel started cooking and fell asleep then burning all the food and setting off the smoke detector and fire alarms. Its really great when you just get back home and you have to be back in 2 hours.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Dude, hotels are the bane of existence!!!!

• Options
    stephen_hannibal:
    Dude, hotels are the bane of existence!!!!

My kids call it a showtell.
    We love going to the Show Tell.

• Options
    badge54fdbadge54fd Posts: 241
    I hate stupid people at work..... DUH !!!! Some are real morons
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    I hate thirtysomething failed ex-high school atheletes trying to live the dream through their kids - just pa-fukn-thetic.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    The Sniper:
    I hate thirtysomething failed ex-high school atheletes trying to live the dream through their kids - just pa-fukn-thetic.
    lol, that's funny. I feel the same thing.
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Sniper and Phobic----big time with ya there. I hate days at the ocean when your hoping to do some good tooling around, body surfing, something----and the waves are as dead as they have been in years.
  • Options
    Getting kicked in the nuts by my 2 year old. Happy Father's Day....
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    The staggering amount of work that has been placed on my desk!

• Options
    Russ55:
    LMAO!!! Ah, the memories.... when my oldest daughter was around 2 yrs old, her cranium was at that perfect height that when she would give me those "flying at you from across the room running at 70mph" hugs... well, little girl hugs are the most wonderful things in the world.

For about 4 months until she grew a little more, they were about the most agonizing thing in the world too. :-D

• Options
    I hate how some people that you don't really care for insist on poking around in your business.

I also hate that people insist on starting drama for absolutely no effin' reason.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    I hate how fu_ckin full grown a_ss men in their 30's,40's and 50's can still act like high school kids and want you to chose sides on some stupid a_ss thing that has nothing to do with your business or job !!!!!!!! Damnnn !!! Can we all just grow the He_ll up !!!
  • Options
    ljlljl Posts: 819
    The Sniper:
    Russ55:
    LMAO!!! Ah, the memories.... when my oldest daughter was around 2 yrs old, her cranium was at that perfect height that when she would give me those "flying at you from across the room running at 70mph" hugs... well, little girl hugs are the most wonderful things in the world.

For about 4 months until she grew a little more, they were about the most agonizing thing in the world too. :-D

LOL!!! With my youngest at about three or so, everytime I would pick her up, she'd start giggling and swinging her feet. Guess what DING DING!!! Doubled me over a couple times.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I'm not fully there yet, but I think I may really come to hate physical therapy. Luckily it's only for my thumb, but man is it sore...and I've only had one session. Oh well, the bright side is that it can only get better the more I exercise and re-train my thumb.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    I'm not fully there yet, but I think I may really come to hate physical therapy. Luckily it's only for my thumb, but man is it sore...and I've only had one session. Oh well, the bright side is that it can only get better the more I exercise and re-train my thumb.

If you get a good therapist it will be ok. Its all about the bed side manner. Therapy sucks, but you gotta realize at the end or if there is no end to it, you will hopefully get better or maintain!

• Options
    Fourtotheflush:
    j0z3r:

If you get a good therapist it will be ok. Its all about the bed side manner. Therapy sucks, but you gotta realize at the end or if there is no end to it, you will hopefully get better or maintain!

True - its an absolute, agonizing grind sometimes. However, if you dont stick with it you WILL pay for it.

Had somebody passed this little nugget of wisdom to me earlier in life, maybe I would be rehabbing knee surgery 1 or 2 right now... instead of number 6...

• Options
    ljl:
    The Sniper:
    Russ55:

LOL!!! With my youngest at about three or so, everytime I would pick her up, she'd start giggling and swinging her feet. Guess what DING DING!!! Doubled me over a couple times.
    Haha. Yeah, I've seen my son kick his feet out like that a couple times. I pick him up sideways most of the time if I can remember. If I don't, he'll probably remind me....
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    The Sniper:
    Fourtotheflush:
    j0z3r:

True - its an absolute, agonizing grind sometimes. However, if you dont stick with it you WILL pay for it.

Had somebody passed this little nugget of wisdom to me earlier in life, maybe I would be rehabbing knee surgery 1 or 2 right now... instead of number 6...

Appreciate the advice guys. I'm keeping a positive outlook on this whole thing, and honestly it could have been a lot worse...just looking at the other people in therapy reminds me of that, having to retrain hands, arms, shoulders, by comparison my thumb is pretty small potatoes and it's coming along well, my mobility is up dramatically from where it was and keep getting better as I continue to exercise.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    The Sniper:
    Fourtotheflush:
    j0z3r:

Appreciate the advice guys. I'm keeping a positive outlook on this whole thing, and honestly it could have been a lot worse...just looking at the other people in therapy reminds me of that, having to retrain hands, arms, shoulders, by comparison my thumb is pretty small potatoes and it's coming along well, my mobility is up dramatically from where it was and keep getting better as I continue to exercise.
    Glad to hear progress is being made Joe. And the thumb, small potatoes? I think not - remember, thats the invention that keeps human beings on top of the food chain! LOL Hope you keep getting good results brother.