Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Things I Hate

Comments

• Options
    nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    I hate cardboard cuts... it's bigger and more painful than a paper cut!!
  • Options
    Today, I hate: A couple of people I work with. I work with a person who is so effing stupid that she can be considered a waste of air (Kuz could probabily guess who this person is). That's all I'm going to say, because thinking of tonight is pissing me off again.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    These Filthy Hands:
    Today, I hate: A couple of people I work with. I work with a person who is so effing stupid that she can be considered a waste of air (Kuz could probabily guess who this person is). That's all I'm going to say, because thinking of tonight is pissing me off again.
    i can think of two actually...
  • Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    Hays:
    Jdorais:
    .....people.

let me qualify that a bit. I hate people who talk on their cell phones while working out at the gym and I'm next to them working my a$$ off on the elliptical.
    Burning off some calories before the next session of pure. refreshing. bacon...???? ;-)
    Of course. How else am I supposed to keep this killer body so....well....killer?
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    I hate waiting for hospital test results for loved ones, and after being in the hospital for a week-----not anymore news than on the initial day of admission.
  • Options
    One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    I hate when people crap all over the Daily Deal threads. What a way to say "thanks" for hosting this great forum. :(
  • Options
    One2gofst:
    I hate when people crap all over the Daily Deal threads. What a way to say "thanks" for hosting this great forum. :(

When I read this, I first thought of was the most beautiful speach on Team America: World Police

"See, there's three kinds of people: d!cks, pu$$ies, and a$$holes. **** think everyone can get along, and d!cks just want to f*ck all the time without thinking it through. But then you got your a$$holes, Chuck. And all the a$$holes want us to **** all over everything! So, pu$$ies may get mad at d!cks once in a while, because pu$$ies get f*cked by d!cks. But d!cks also f*ck a$$holes, Chuck. And if they didn't f*ck the a$$holes, you know what you'd get? You'd get your d!ck and your pu$$y all covered in ****!"

And then I found this...

And this...

And this...

I hope at least this brightened up your day steve, and I apologize in advance if I offended anyone.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    gmill880:
    Luko:
    gmill880:
    I hate the news my father in law got today at Baptist Hospital in Winston Salem today :(
    Sorry bro...it's back?

Yeah Bro' ...Tumor ( the 2nd one ) as large as a grape. The news was less than heartning . He had the gamma knife surgery done in October ...and now its back and that large that quick. Doctors said there were 2 choices ...take him home and make him comfortable as possible and he might live 90 days or have brain surgery for the third time( if he's strong enough) which is scheduled for next Thursday the 22nd and if successful he may live 6 or 7 months ...bummer ...wife's devastated...he's been like a father to me ...can't stand to think of not having him around ...Prayers are appreciated . Gene

Update to just let you guys know how Pops-In -Laws surgery went . I'm going to try to explain this the way the doctor relayed it to us. When they reached the tumor during surgery they found it was surronded by infection, this in turn triggered the bodys self-defense mechanism to fight the infection and may have actually slowed the growth of the tumor down . They successfully removed all the tumor they could see and feel they got it all. When he went to ICU recovery and was later this evening examined by the doctor he could not believe how lucid(sp) and alert he was ! He thinks the infection may have possibly caused the tumor effects to not be as severe as he first thought. He (the doctor) does think the tumor will come back but now he thinks it could be as long as 6-9-12 months before it returns although there is at least a slight chance it may never come back. If and when it comes back if they continue to monitor him on a regular basis at short (to be determined) intervals there may still be some treatment options left . At any rate 6-12 months to return and then we'll see what our options are is a lot better than attending his funeral in 3 months !!! Thanks a ton to you guys for your heartfelt good wishes and prayers and Know me and my family truly appreciate you ...Thanks to all ...love ya guys ...
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey Geno, that's about the best news you can expect, I guess. His doctor seems very straight forward with his explanation, I will continue to keep you all in my thoughts.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Ditto...seems like pretty good news compared to the alternative. Sending good karma your way.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Jay Leno and NBC

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    That's grerat news, Gene!
  • Options
    Gene, that's some very comforting and positive news. I'm still throwing quarters in fountains for you and your family man!

A quote that I live by from Master Oogway "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Work Computers!!!!
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Thanks guys - much appreciated !
  • Options
    I know Im heartless sounding...and I truly dont mean to be-----but Im starting to hate hearing about Haiti. Tragedy, terrible, sad, third world poor....of course. However, the other side of me still says lets look at our our country first.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Vulchor:
    I know Im heartless sounding...and I truly dont mean to be-----but Im starting to hate hearing about Haiti. Tragedy, terrible, sad, third world poor....of course. However, the other side of me still says lets look at our our country first.
    It will be Katrina all over again. It has already started. Look at the news stories, The US is not doing enough, The US is occupying Haiti, The US is keeping other aid groups out, blah, bla, bla, bla, blah.
  • Options
    fla-gypsy:
    Vulchor:
    It will be Katrina all over again. It has already started. Look at the news stories, The US is not doing enough, The US is occupying Haiti, The US is keeping other aid groups out, blah, bla, bla, bla, blah.

For a country that didn't have sh*t before it's certainly looking that way.
    And you're not being heartless It's a tragedy that news corporations are making profit from.
    I was listening to this thing on NPR last week about news corespondent doctors in haiti really being more of a hassle than help. Due to their inability to fully act in either capacity.

We no longer live in an era of honest intentions.
  • Options
    Heard the same story on NPR last week as well, opened some eyes I must say. I do think this was handled better from Katrina, and the world learned from those screw-up's. I just hope for the next US tragedy, the response is so swift and wide-ranging.
  • Options
    I hate that I only get the olympics every 2 years (winter and summer) and that I have to work during the day instead of getting loaded watching curling.
  • Options
    Vulchor:
    I hate that I only get the olympics every 2 years (winter and summer) and that I have to work during the day instead of getting loaded watching curling.
    curling RULES!

i guess that should be in the "things i love" thread
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Vulchor:
    Heard the same story on NPR last week as well, opened some eyes I must say. I do think this was handled better from Katrina, and the world learned from those screw-up's. I just hope for the next US tragedy, the response is so swift and wide-ranging.
    What ticked me off about all the donation money is that charities are earmarking money for emergency, rebuilding and future benifit. where future benefit is not determnied and usually goes into the coffers of those charities. It was typically 20% for the larger charities that brought in big funds for Katrina.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    Vulchor:
    curling RULES!

i guess that should be in the "things i love" thread
    I hate having commercials after every single competitor in every event! The games are taped delayed, cut out the waiting and show us back to back events/runs!!!! I hate marketing.
  • Options
    i actually love marketing, just not the current trends in marketing. to me it is interesting to see how different people react to the same comercial, or reasons why people buy different things. its like the psychology of consumption.
  • Options
    I have begun to hate the "Rebel" flag. Not because of hate, or stripping freedom, or a view of history. I have none of those problems with it to any large extent. I hate it because every time I see one, it tends to be on a truck much larger than my Mustang, it doesnt doesnt use turn signals and it likes to spit old tobacco or Marlboro filters out of its window and into my convertible when I am trying to enjoy some nice weather.

BTW, Im with you on commercials Kuzi, both on the psychology side and for my own entertainment. Especially with the ability to pause TV and such now, so I can even pick and choose my advertising.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    i actually love marketing, just not the current trends in marketing. to me it is interesting to see how different people react to the same comercial, or reasons why people buy different things. its like the psychology of consumption.

Scary enough I love a good commercial. Just not every 2 minutes. Certainly feels like it is approx 2 minutes of IOC then 2 min of commercial. I know that isnt the ratio, but it feels that way!

• Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    I really like the McDonalds filet-o-fish commercial. Most others, not so much.
  • Options
    I hate when people wait until the end of the day to send their urgent requests in that they have been sitting on all day! Seriously I could have wrapped this up b4 lunch now Im stuck for a while.
  • Options
    Fourtotheflush:
    I hate when people wait until the end of the day to send their urgent requests in that they have been sitting on all day! Seriously I could have wrapped this up b4 lunch now Im stuck for a while.

I hate when the guy that gets the urgent requests doesn't set up his away message an hour before he leaves work...
    seriously dude... lol

• Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    My girlfriend's brother said it best: "Stupid people doing stupid things."