Home Non Cigar Related

Things I Hate

Comments

• jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kansas the State, Kansas Jayhawks, Kansas State Wildcats.
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    I hate days at work when the computer system we need for my job is down-----but Im too broke to go and do something fun while playing hookie.
  • lawyers
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I'm beginning to hate my anger.
  • martymcg43martymcg43 Posts: 396
    i hate how almost everytime i order something UPS is a day late. really ticks me off...
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    I hate the news my father in law got today at Baptist Hospital in Winston Salem today :(
  • badge54fdbadge54fd Posts: 241
    I hate the fact that my MIL is stuck in Haiti during the earthquake. She is on a 2 week medical mission. I hope she is ok.
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    gmill880:
    I hate the news my father in law got today at Baptist Hospital in Winston Salem today :(
    Sorry bro...it's back?
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Mac users.

"Long ashes my friends."

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Krieg:
    Mac users.

What the hell... You are now my Enemy!!!! ;D
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    Mac users.

... I go both ways, during the day time I'm PC'in it, then at night and on the weekend I'm mac'in it... can you only hate half of me?
    Luko:
    gmill880:
    Sorry bro...it's back?

Yeah Bro' ...Tumor ( the 2nd one ) as large as a grape. The news was less than heartning . He had the gamma knife surgery done in October ...and now its back and that large that quick. Doctors said there were 2 choices ...take him home and make him comfortable as possible and he might live 90 days or have brain surgery for the third time( if he's strong enough) which is scheduled for next Thursday the 22nd and if successful he may live 6 or 7 months ...bummer ...wife's devastated...he's been like a father to me ...can't stand to think of not having him around ...Prayers are appreciated . Gene
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey Geno, I'm sorry to hear that. My thoughts continue to be with you and your family.
    Thanks Kas
    I hate that for some reason we have to argue about things on these forums that are unrelated to our love for cigars and it is causing tension between certain members. Just kind of a bummer and unfortunate. I like good debate but there is a time and place and proper way.
  • JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    .....people.

let me qualify that a bit. I hate people who talk on their cell phones while working out at the gym and I'm next to them working my a$$ off on the elliptical.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    gmill880:
    Luko:
    gmill880:
    Sorry bro...it's back?

Yeah Bro' ...Tumor ( the 2nd one ) as large as a grape. The news was less than heartning . He had the gamma knife surgery done in October ...and now its back and that large that quick. Doctors said there were 2 choices ...take him home and make him comfortable as possible and he might live 90 days or have brain surgery for the third time( if he's strong enough) which is scheduled for next Thursday the 22nd and if successful he may live 6 or 7 months ...bummer ...wife's devastated...he's been like a father to me ...can't stand to think of not having him around ...Prayers are appreciated . Gene

My heart goes out to you! I lost my father in law this summer and not only has it been very difficult for the entire family, I really miss him! Be strong your wife and your family need you most at times like these!

• HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Jdorais:
    .....people.

let me qualify that a bit. I hate people who talk on their cell phones while working out at the gym and I'm next to them working my a$$ off on the elliptical.
    Burning off some calories before the next session of pure. refreshing. bacon...???? ;-)
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
    Fourtotheflush:
    gmill880:
    Luko:
    gmill880:
    Sorry bro...it's back?

My heart goes out to you! I lost my father in law this summer and not only has it been very difficult for the entire family, I really miss him! Be strong your wife and your family need you most at times like these!

Hey Gene I just caught up on the previous posts. I will pray for your family and hope that all is well. I can't imagine how devastating that is. Take care of your wife and be there for her.
    Thanks guys I appreciate it ...its just a tuff time right now.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    gmill880:
    Thanks guys I appreciate it ...its just a tuff time right now.
    Gene, you know our thoughts are with you bro'.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    gmill880:
    Luko:
    gmill880:
    Sorry bro...it's back?

Damn sorry to hear that, Gene... Prayers are incoming.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    jsnake:
    I hate that for some reason we have to argue about things on these forums that are unrelated to our love for cigars and it is causing tension between certain members. Just kind of a bummer and unfortunate. I like good debate but there is a time and place and proper way.
    Jake, I am 100% with you on this one. I hate to see the people I enjoy "hanging out" with going beyond what I consider a discussion.
    Gentlemen, I know of several occasions where members left on account of "debate" here. And that is a shame.
    kaspera79:
    jsnake:
    Jake, I am 100% with you on this one. I hate to see the people I enjoy "hanging out" with going beyond what I consider a discussion.
    Gentlemen, I know of several occasions where members left on account of "debate" here. And that is a shame.

100 % agree !!! Some really knowledgable good guys left like Kas said and its a damn shame. There are enough things to worry about in our lives and the world, we should be able to come here and with RESPECT discuss our passion for all things cigar related and leave the beligerance(sp) to the adolescense and conduct ourselves (male and female) in a manner of integrity and grace . Just my opinion ...
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Completely agreed guys. I try and stay away from the politically charged threads for exactly that reason, the religious ones too. I came on these forums in the early part of 2008 to try and learn more about cigars and talk cigars with fellow BOTL...I didn't come here to argue and bicker with people. As has been said, there's a time and a place for that, and I don't feel this is it.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I hate that many BOTL's on here that have left I don't remember a DAMN bit, until someone mention's their name... then I get really sad......

Ignorance is bliss as most have said
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Completely agreed guys. I try and stay away from the politically charged threads for exactly that reason, the religious ones too. I came on these forums in the early part of 2008 to try and learn more about cigars and talk cigars with fellow BOTL...I didn't come here to argue and bicker with people. As has been said, there's a time and a place for that, and I don't feel this is it.
    Guilty as charged here. Although most of my post have been light hearted and fun, I've let debate get the better of me once or twice on here. I think I'll try to follow your philosphy on this from now on Joe and perhaps I'll gain a greater appreciation of the opportunities and relationships that this forum offers.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    I hate that it's cold outside and nearly impossible for me to enjoy my two favorite hobbies: golf and cigars.
    Thanks for all the well wishes for my father in law , it is much appreciated as are you guys ...
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    gmill880:
    Thanks for all the well wishes for my father in law , it is much appreciated as are you guys ...
    I'm sorry I'm late, but you have my best wishes and as much luck as I can offer for you and your families sake.