Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Things I Hate

Comments

• Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    Gray4lines:
    Waking up early on a Saturday to take a GRE (like the SAT for grad school) after having studied my butt off to try and prepare only to wait for an hour and a half due to computers crapping out and then leaving with no test. Now I have to jump through hoops to reschedule.
    I'm studying for the GRE now, any advice for me? What are you going to grad school for?
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    illinoisgolf99:
    Gray4lines:
    Waking up early on a Saturday to take a GRE (like the SAT for grad school) after having studied my butt off to try and prepare only to wait for an hour and a half due to computers crapping out and then leaving with no test. Now I have to jump through hoops to reschedule.
    I'm studying for the GRE now, any advice for me? What are you going to grad school for?
    pm to you
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    So... how's the pooch?
    Took her to the orthopedic surgeon today for an evaluation....and since it's not so much about "Things I Hate" anymore, I'm going to move over to the "Fluff Post Thread" so I don't do too much thread jacking...

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    I don't work for the county I live in. I work for a gov't organization that uses the county as a fiscal agent. My governing body (commissioners) that I work for approved a budget that included a 3% increase in pay (1% for each year I've worked for them and the first raise I've recieved!!!!) back in May.

This budget was in turn submitted to the county. The increase in pay took effect July 1, the beginning of the fiscal year. The county approved their budget Tuesday, 3 weeks after the fiscal year began. I have recieved 2 checks since July 1, neither of which reflected my raise. Why can these a$$holes not get a budget put together in a timely manner? They're screwwing me out of money and I don't even work for them. 3% was a slap in the face, now they won't even give it to me. I think I need to go private sector.
  • Options
    TheedgeTheedge Posts: 316
    The County I'm in just negotiated raises of 1%, 1.5%, and 2% on year 3 for it's workers. Employees (not the employer) will be picking up any increased costs in health insurance. Working for the gov't isn't quite what it used to be, but still more secure than the private sector in many ways.
  • Options
    It is just aggrivating to bust my hump for 3 years and see little to no reward for my efforts. No performance based incentives produces a lethargic work environment. Weather you work hard or hardly work you get the same outcome. They don't fire people because they don't want to have to take the time to find somebody new.

Breaking news, raises will take effect August 5. WTF??????????????? No retroactive back to the first of the fiscal year either.
  • Options
    TheedgeTheedge Posts: 316
    Performance based? Now there's a novel concept. It's all about seniority and bumping rights.
  • Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    that we cant find a @#$@#$@# house
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Chewing gum when it has lost it's flavor.
    Yuck!
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being in pain and watching life pass you by while trying to have a positive attitude
  • Options
    Fritz_the_CatFritz_the_Cat Posts: 27
    That my girlfriend and I are both married....
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theedge:
    The County I'm in just negotiated raises of 1%, 1.5%, and 2% on year 3 for it's workers. Employees (not the employer) will be picking up any increased costs in health insurance. Working for the gov't isn't quite what it used to be, but still more secure than the private sector in many ways.
    Yep. We got hit with the same thing and then they nailed us with "surcharges". If we use tobacco, it's a $35/month surcharge. If our spouse opts out of their insurance at their work, it's a $35 surcharge.
    If we don't participate in their Health Assessment Management, it's a $35 surcharge.
    And on top of it, we've had our wages frozen for the past 3 years.
    I'm going backwards on my wages. And the Union is wanting more dues, cause they worked so hard to screw us.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Old navy commercials
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Not having the time to finish a great cigar.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Well I'm getting old at ripe age of 41 and I have problems remembering words when I need to use them. I can remember the definition, spelling but not the actual word. Here are two examples, try to guess if you like. These are things I say when I can't remember the word.

1. Large napkin on a roll?
    2. Small packet of vitamins to boost your immune system

after my wife and daughter stop laughing, they tell me, " You mean 'this', right?"...... Too much fun in my youth caught up to me.
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    Having to go to funeral home make arrangements before said person has even passed away, wife and I made our own arrangements so the kids would not have to bother with this, when time comes.
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    Not having a thread to rant and rave on.
  • Options
    Going to the dentist and having to use some bs mouthwash that makes everything, and I mean everything, even water, taste bad even if I only use it right before going to sleep. I couldn't even finish a beer yesterday evening. This is outrageous.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Planning a MAN'S OUTING to a local gun range whilst my cousin is in town for the weekend only to be shot down by the women in the group... I'm still going, and whoever wants to come can... otherwise, I will learn to launch my own clay pigeons and shoot them myself.
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    not being able to smoke indoors without smoking up the entire apartment
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    The noteriety seeking **** who keeps trying to swim from Cuba to Florida....in the summer....during storm season....as she ages....knowing the results have been the same each time......give it the f*ck up.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    james40:
    Well I'm getting old at ripe age of 41 and I have problems remembering words when I need to use them. I can remember the definition, spelling but not the actual word. Here are two examples, try to guess if you like. These are things I say when I can't remember the word.

1. Large napkin on a roll?
    2. Small packet of vitamins to boost your immune system

after my wife and daughter stop laughing, they tell me, " You mean 'this', right?"...... Too much fun in my youth caught up to me.
    Well, the original Roget's thesaurus, that's exactly how it worked... unlike the modern so-called thesaurus, which is nothing but a list of synonyms. Get yourself a comprehensive book version Roget's Thesaurus. It's organized by thoughts. You drill down from the more general to the less; like genera, family, species, animal, breed. Works great.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Fiance's family drama and they're trying to drag me into it. Nope, not doin' it. Not playing that game...

So my fiance is peeved at her sister after her sister said some very mean things.
    I told my fiance she can do what she wants, and if she wants me to do anything I will. But I said, IMO her sister f***ed up and needs to make amends, it's not on my fiance's shoulders to make things right. And my fiance told me she feels no need to continue trying to have a relationship with her sister if things continue to be $hitty like this. I said alright I'm with you on that.

Fast forward to last night....and my fiance's mom starts to get involved. Then her mom calls her sister to try and fix things, doesn't work - and at that point my her sister's husband gets involved. So sister's husband calls me and is now trying to get me involved in trying to fix it....nope, nope nope, not doin it. Not fallin' for it.

As Snoop Dogg (Lion) said:
    With so much drama in the L-B-C
    It's kinda hard bein Snoop D-O-double-G

• Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Every Freaking video I try to watch on the web has a freaking ad on it. I HATE Ads!
  • Options
    jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    Every Freaking video I try to watch on the web has a freaking ad on it. I HATE Ads!
    adblockplus.org ...though be a pal and turn it off for sites you support, so they can get some sweet sweet ad money.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I'll check this out, thanks
  • Options
    Loosing a friend to cancer.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RBeckom:
    Loosing a friend to cancer.
    I hate cancer too!
    br> I also hate the lack of hugs. I could use a hug and have a few to give.
  • Options
    last month's credit card bill.

that little piece of plastic makes it too easy to spendy-spendy

• Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Stupidity - Which incidentally makes most of my days stressful !