Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Things I Hate

Comments

• Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Vision:
    Ken Light:
    That the ccom gala is cancelled. Was really looking forward to that, and really happy to have something to look forward to. Rargh.

Link?
    They contacted me by phone. If you had purchased your ticket already, contact your rep.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    nickiamnickiam Posts: 608 ✭✭
    people that send me text messages with things like.....hw r u doin or things like that. Honestly is it that big of a deal to type 5 extra letters for those three words. It makes me want to punch things and most of the time i dont respond to texts like that.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    nickiam:
    people that send me text messages with things like.....hw r u doin or things like that. Honestly is it that big of a deal to type 5 extra letters for those three words. It makes me want to punch things and most of the time i dont respond to texts like that.
    LOL, im da sm way! lulz
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    jgibv:
    That our dog has been limping the last couple months....it's very sporadic, sometimes she'll limp for a few minutes then seem fine, or she'll limp for an hour or two before she's back walking "normally". Other days she doesn't have a problem at all....

So we went for her annual exam yesterday and the doctor thinks there's an issue with her left hip and her right knee. She's only a few months over 2 years old, so the doctor isn't sure of what's wrong, maybe hip dysplasia or arthritis with her hip...
    Maybe an issue with her knee cap or torn ACL with her knee....

Either way, we're taking her back next week for more tests and x-rays....really hoping it's just a strained muscle and nothing more serious....she's a good dog.
    So... how's the pooch?
  • Options
    nickiam:
    Don't ever come to Rutgers. The initials are "RU" and EVERY advertiser thinks it's INCREDIBLY clever to use that on posters that say things like "RU Hungry?" It's a good thing there are rarely babies on campus because I'd constantly be punting them.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    jgibv:
    That our dog has been limping the last couple months....it's very sporadic, sometimes she'll limp for a few minutes then seem fine, or she'll limp for an hour or two before she's back walking "normally". Other days she doesn't have a problem at all....

So we went for her annual exam yesterday and the doctor thinks there's an issue with her left hip and her right knee. She's only a few months over 2 years old, so the doctor isn't sure of what's wrong, maybe hip dysplasia or arthritis with her hip...

Either way, we're taking her back next week for more tests and x-rays....really hoping it's just a strained muscle and nothing more serious....she's a good dog.
    So... how's the pooch?
    Don't know yet, she goes in tomorrow....the limping is still sporadic.
    Thanks for asking, I'll post when we know more.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Ken Light:
    nickiam:
    Don't ever come to Rutgers. The initials are "RU" and EVERY advertiser thinks it's INCREDIBLY clever to use that on posters that say things like "RU Hungry?" It's a good thing there are rarely babies on campus because I'd constantly be punting them.
    YES. I'm with you guys. (don't get me wrong, every now and then I'll shorten a word when texting or typing, but not whole sentences like that).

I especially hate the pre-movie message at our local theater telling people to silence their phone and not text during the movie.
    During the minute-ish long ad they use about every shorthand text phrase known to man... LOL, L8R, K, THX, LMAO, ROFL, emoticons and so on...how about a simple message that says "turn off your phone or else we'll kick you out".

No wonder school-age kids can't spell properly....because they see advertisers using "text speak" in their ads and think it's ok to spell like this... sigh

• Options
    jgibv:
    laker1963:
    jgibv:

So... how's the pooch?
    My mom has two Yorkie Terriers and one of them is a running fool. She has a problem that sounds similar to your dogs condition. Apparently some dogs hips can go out of joint when they run. I guess they can go back in by themselves sometimes too. The vet tried to pet hers back in but the dog didn't want him to continue so he stopped. Told my mom that it was fine and that they may go back in themselves and to just be aware that the dog has that condition so to try and keep the running down as much as possible.
    I guess it is sort of like a sprain or something. It is somewhat painful when doing that certain thing, but other then that it is not painful for the dog. Hope everything works out for her.
  • Options
    laker1963:
    jgibv:
    laker1963:
    jgibv:

So... how's the pooch?
    My mom has two Yorkie Terriers and one of them is a running fool. She has a problem that sounds similar to your dogs condition. Apparently some dogs hips can go out of joint when they run. I guess they can go back in by themselves sometimes too. The vet tried to pet hers back in but the dog didn't want him to continue so he stopped. Told my mom that it was fine and that they may go back in themselves and to just be aware that the dog has that condition so to try and keep the running down as much as possible.
    I guess it is sort of like a sprain or something. It is somewhat painful when doing that certain thing, but other then that it is not painful for the dog. Hope everything works out for her.
    Thanks for the info, Doug - I didn't know that the hip could "pop in-and-out" randomly like that, and while I'm not glad to hear about this condition, I am glad you brought it up and also that the vet was able to diagnose the issue with her Yorkies.
    Hopefully ours is an "easy" diagnosis and fix like this as well...

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate catching a cold. I started getting a sore throat and it's now a full on sniffles cold. I hate it!!
    So now I don't even want to think about a cigar. Well, I do but I seriously doubt I could enjoy one.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    nickiamnickiam Posts: 608 ✭✭
    Lasabar:
    nickiam:
    LOL, im da sm way! lulz

HAHAHA. I literally LOL'd when i read that. Damn, now i did it. I guess i have to punch myself, or maybe ill reenact the bathroom scene from Liar, Liar.
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Bumps in the night.
    If I hear something I will not go back to sleep.
  • Options
    Mortgage companies. 'Nuff said.
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    Bank of America is the absolute worst to deal with. We're closing on a new house next Friday so thankfully we'll be getting away from BoA.
  • Options
    skweekz:
    Ken Light:
    Bank of America is the absolute worst to deal with. We're closing on a new house next Friday so thankfully we'll be getting away from BoA.
    Best of luck. I was supposed to have closed today.
  • Options
    The Dutch
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    The Dutch
    except for Tiesto
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    jliu:
    Lasabar:
    The Dutch
    except for Tiesto
    and Arjen Robben
  • Options
    laker1963:
    jgibv:
    So... how's the pooch?
    Just reviewed the x-rays with the vet and the "pooch" has at least a partially, if not fully, torn ACL and will be needing knee surgery on at least 1 knee. She has signs of arthritis on both knees and 1 hip.

It sounds like the arthritis should be manageable, but since she's only 2 our regular vet didn't want it to go untreated.....
    So we're going to schedule an appointment with the orthopedic vet/clinic to get their second (more expert) opinion and talk about options ...

• Options
    jgibv:
    laker1963:
    jgibv:
    So... how's the pooch?
    Just reviewed the x-rays with the vet and the "pooch" has at least a partially, if not fully, torn ACL and will be needing knee surgery on at least 1 knee. She has signs of arthritis on both knees and 1 hip.

It sounds like the arthritis should be manageable, but since she's only 2 our regular vet didn't want it to go untreated.....
    So we're going to schedule an appointment with the orthopedic vet/clinic to get their second (more expert) opinion and talk about options ...
    Awwww, poor girl. Hope all works out for you all. Keep us posted bro'.
  • Options
    laker1963:
    jgibv:
    laker1963:
    jgibv:
    So... how's the pooch?

Awwww, poor girl. Hope all works out for you all. Keep us posted bro'.
    My sincere thank you for your concern. The poor girl has been groggy and loopy since we brought her home because they had her under some anesthesia and pain meds for the x-rays/evaluation today...
    so she's been dozing in and out of sleep for the past 7 hours, and has had a couple accidents on the couch while she was sleeping :-( .... oh well, the couch can be cleaned. we just feel awful since she's so "out of it" and doesn't really know what's going on still.

We have an appt scheduled with the orthopedic vet next tuesday and will know more then.

• Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Mosquito bites........f*ckers.
  • Options
    Vulchor:
    Mosquito bites........f*ckers.
    You're preaching to the choir bro!

• Options
    Ingrown toe nail just two months after having it removed for the same reason.
  • Options
    Those who are intolerant of other people...
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    The Dutch
    What? Take the fahza away! Dutch hater! And now, it is time to say goodbye. Dr. Evil's orders. Which, for you, is bad news bears....Walter Matthau.
  • Options
    Inappropriate Caps Lock.

When I see people typing with misused capital letters, all I can think of is this...

• Options
    SOUP SKIN
  • Options
    Being sad .
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waking up early on a Saturday to take a GRE (like the SAT for grad school) after having studied my butt off to try and prepare only to wait for an hour and a half due to computers crapping out and then leaving with no test. Now I have to jump through hoops to reschedule.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America