I Love, or at least have a strong prediliction to:

Comments

• Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    Bigshizza:
    Already?? I still got 4 weeks left...Ughhh
    You on quarters or semesters???

Everyone around here's on semesters, they're all done this week....
    Quarters.... :(
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Believe it or not, I love that my town just went smoke free in restaurants and public buildings...but the cigar bar got grandfathered in as "retail tobacco" and is still a place you can light up. I don't like cigarette flavored pancakes at IHOP...now I don't have to worry about it.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Finally... Some nice days warming up!
  • Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    Hell ya! hit 92 here today!
  • Options
    perkinke:
    Bigshizza:
    we're going the wrong direction here...it was close to 90 a couple of days last week, but today it's not even getting to 70. It's wrecking my sinuses.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    Martel:
    perkinke:
    Bigshizza:
    we're going the wrong direction here...it was close to 90 a couple of days last week, but today it's not even getting to 70. It's wrecking my sinuses.
    Same here. A few days ago it was a little over 90. This morning its 45 and the high is going to be in the low 60s
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Making 3 A's and a B this semister!!!
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    roland_7707:
    Awesome! Summer off?
  • Options
    Nope, got a summer class starting June 30th. Then fall semister starts in August.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    roland_7707:

I was wondering how your exams went. Well done!! Time to light up a hard earned reward.
  • Options
    roland_7707:
    Nope, got a summer class starting June 30th. Then fall semister starts in August.
    How much longer you got? What's your major?
  • Options
    Natural Tesource Management. With taht I can work for our game and fish dept, the forestry service, national wildlife service, or state or national parks. I will graduate dec 2015.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    That the World Cup is only a couple weeks away!!
  • Options
    perkinke:
    That the World Cup is only a couple weeks away!!
    Me likey, too.

• Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Wife took me to see Steve Miller Band and Journey tonight.

My god what a show.

• Options
    Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    Wife took me to see Steve Miller Band and Journey tonight.

My god what a show.

Wow I'm envious of you. That had to have been GREAT!
  • Options
    The place I work. I was helping my boss prepare some presentation points for a state official who is nominating us for a visit by US SecEd, who may be visiting us if we make a good presentation. One of our programs is career training. About 56% of incoming students have some sort of criminal background, but those who have successfully completed the program in the last two years have a 0% recidivism rate and 1 misdemeanor conviction total after the program's completion. I don't do much with that program (I've taught about 12-15 of those graduates in academic courses, and not all of those have backgrounds), but I'm still happy to be a part of it.

• Options
    Martel:
    The place I work. I was helping my boss prepare some presentation points for a state official who is nominating us for a visit by US SecEd, who may be visiting us if we make a good presentation. One of our programs is career training. About 56% of incoming students have some sort of criminal background, but those who have successfully completed the program in the last two years have a 0% recidivism rate and 1 misdemeanor conviction total after the program's completion. I don't do much with that program (I've taught about 12-15 of those graduates in academic courses, and not all of those have backgrounds), but I'm still happy to be a part of it.
    Great job Eric!!
  • Options
    Martel:
    Great job Eric!!
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Season 2 of Orange is the new black is now on Netflix.......chea!
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Martel:

A program that works.....outstanding. And thanks.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the goldfinches have finally discovered the new finch sock we put up in the backyard.
    i've seen at least 1 pair on it this week.

just need the hummingbirds to find their new feeder now.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Photography... It's like crack. (The butt not the drug)

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    the goldfinches have finally discovered the new finch sock we put up in the backyard.

We always look forward to the yellow finches returning. Last year we had a new color show up, an almost florescent blue.

We have not seen any of the 20 or so humming birds that normally show and we are worried they may not because of the idiot the clear cut so much land around our property. A very large white woodpecker did return and he is now residing in our trees.

Genius Curt did a trick with wooden cigar boxes turned into bird houses, and I have 4 that will be placed under the eves of the car port as soon as I get a drill.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    jgibv:

We always look forward to the yellow finches returning. Last year we had a new color show up, an almost florescent blue.

We have not seen any of the 20 or so humming birds that normally show and we are worried they may not because of the idiot the clear cut so much land around our property. A very large white woodpecker did return and he is now residing in our trees.

Genius Curt did a trick with wooden cigar boxes turned into bird houses, and I have 4 that will be placed under the eves of the car port as soon as I get a drill.
    Haven't seen any "blue finches" (do you mean indigo buntings?) in the yard yet but I think I've heard their call. Hard to tell though.

I did see some blue grosbeaks at a nearby park the other day. Haven't seen any in our neighborhood though.

Here's a (very grainy) picture of the male goldfinch on the feeder

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Love listening to the birds...until they nest in my chimney or something.

But I really got on here to post about...

A peach. In fact, a peach so juicy that you have to eat it over the sink and then, probably, take a shower afterwards because it's so stuck in your facial hair.

...and knowing I have a handful more just like it.

• Options
    Wrong number texts:

Unknown number: "I miss sleeping with you lots. Hate lack of respert [sic]"
    Me: "Pretty sure you have the wrong number"
    Unkown: "No"
    Me: "Then who is this?"
    Unknown: "Stop messing around, we seriously need to talk, don't be an ***."
    Me: "Well, you must have been a lousy piece of ass because I didn't save your number and don't recognize it. Sorry."
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    perkinke:
    Wrong number texts:

Unknown number: "I miss sleeping with you lots. Hate lack of respert [sic]"
    Me: "Pretty sure you have the wrong number"
    Unkown: "No"
    Me: "Then who is this?"
    Unknown: "Stop messing around, we seriously need to talk, don't be an ***."
    Me: "Well, you must have been a lousy piece of ass because I didn't save your number and don't recognize it. Sorry."
    Thats so awesome!

Aj
  • Options
    That I got a 4.0 for Spring Quarter... Pretty stoked!
  • Options
    Bigshizza:
    That I got a 4.0 for Spring Quarter... Pretty stoked!
    Woo! Congrats man, you ought strap those t its on and party!