Home Non Cigar Related
Options

I Love, or at least have a strong prediliction to:

Comments

• Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Platoon Team building today.We're going to see the new Mark Wahlberg movie.
    NICE! LMK how it is ... I loved "Shooter" --- this one looks to be just as good. Want to see it.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    No problem John.In reality...your tax dollars are allowing me to do it. So thank YOU! ;)
  • Options
    Rain:
    No problem John.In reality...your tax dollars are allowing me to do it. So thank YOU! ;)
    Then I expect a full synopsis, hand delivered to my desk, by tomorrow morning....
    ;-)

I'm sure it will be good though --- Marky Mark blowin' *** up and shooting bad guys on the big screen, what could be better entertainment? Have a good time bro.

• Options
    So Lone Survivor was a great movie. They could have really messed it up, you know the war/brotherhood theme is kind of played out but they did it very well.The best part was after the movie, the movie has a little tribute to all the guys that died, you know with pictures and so forth. Nobody left the theater till the entire thing played out...it was really cool to see, and I'm not gonna lie....I was a little teary eyed. I'm not a SEAL or a BAMF or anything, but I can relate to the brotherhood of service that those guys shared."LT Murphy was killed June 28, 2005 after exposing himself to enemy fire and knowingly leaving his position of cover to get a clear signal in order to communicate with his headquarters. He provided his unit’s location and requested immediate support for his element and then returned to his position to continue fighting until he died from his wounds."
  • Options
    Rain:
    So Lone Survivor was a great movie. They could have really messed it up, you know the war/brotherhood theme is kind of played out but they did it very well.The best part was after the movie, the movie has a little tribute to all the guys that died, you know with pictures and so forth. Nobody left the theater till the entire thing played out...it was really cool to see, and I'm not gonna lie....I was a little teary eyed. I'm not a SEAL or a BAMF or anything, but I can relate to the brotherhood of service that those guys shared."LT Murphy was killed June 28, 2005 after exposing himself to enemy fire and knowingly leaving his position of cover to get a clear signal in order to communicate with his headquarters. He provided his unit’s location and requested immediate support for his element and then returned to his position to continue fighting until he died from his wounds."
    Glad to hear it was good....

But ... ooo I didn't realize it was based on real events and soldiers lost their lives, probably makes my previous comment seem distasteful. ^^^^^^^. Sorry, really hope I didn't offend anyone, I thought it was supposed to be something like a sequel to shooter. Didn't realize this.

• Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    Rain:

But ... ooo I didn't realize it was based on real events and soldiers lost their lives, probably makes my previous comment seem distasteful. ^^^^^^^. Sorry, really hope I didn't offend anyone, I thought it was supposed to be something like a sequel to shooter. Didn't realize this.
    I may have to see this one alone, wife wouldn't like it.
  • Options
    gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    jgibv:
    Rain:

I may have to see this one alone, wife wouldn't like it.
    The book is excellent as well...looking forward to seeing the movie.
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife, beer, and Penguins hockey... and the three are about converge. Catch ya later!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    A deep breath of cool dry air. Lately I have had plenty too.
  • Options
    1) that the "home-improvement" projects for the 2nd story are all finished and crossed off my list.
    woo hoo!!!

2) finally cancelled att uverse, won't have to deal with their poor excuse for customer service ever again! yippie!!

3) got my new p/c built and new "tv" service set up for the whole house. switch our tv/internet service to a much better company (wow) and will be saving about $70/month compared to uverse.

it's been a busy few weeks getting all of these projects completed --- but i'm very happy with the results.

• Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    1) that the "home-improvement" projects for the 2nd story are all finished and crossed off my list.
    woo hoo!!!

2) finally cancelled att uverse, won't have to deal with their poor excuse for customer service ever again! yippie!!

3) got my new p/c built and new "tv" service set up for the whole house. switch our tv/internet service to a much better company (wow) and will be saving about $70/month compared to uverse.

it's been a busy few weeks getting all of these projects completed --- but i'm very happy with the results.
    funny, I'm trying to call uverse to get rid of the poor excuse for customer service (and really high prices) I get from Comcast. NO, I don't want to bundle anything; stop trying to give me phone and tv "bundles" that cost more when I'm trying to save money on my internet only. I just want the price I was quoted that you jacked up after 6 months (even though I was told it was a full 12 month price).

Sorry for the rant that should go on the things I hate page.

Things I like...our new insurance plan that has about the best vision coverage I've ever used. I need new glasses. Too bad it doesn't cover LASIK.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Martel:
    jgibv:
    woo hoo!!!

funny, I'm trying to call uverse to get rid of the poor excuse for customer service (and really high prices) I get from Comcast. NO, I don't want to bundle anything; stop trying to give me phone and tv "bundles" that cost more when I'm trying to save money on my internet only. I just want the price I was quoted that you jacked up after 6 months (even though I was told it was a full 12 month price).

Things I like...our new insurance plan that has about the best vision coverage I've ever used. I need new glasses. Too bad it doesn't cover LASIK.
    Eric, ( Martel ) Don't waste your time with customer service over the phone. Those people are not even in this country.. Those people are salesman looking to make you spend money. I just through this BS last month, with all there two way, three way bundles, trying to get me to sign up for all these package with channels I didn't want. Go to the service center where you pick up equipment and pay bills... Tell them what you are going through and Ask them if they can help.. I simply told them this bill is too high, how can we make it more affordable? They have more freedom to adjust your plan and prices then most people know. And they will do it. Good luck.
  • Options
    Martel:

I understand your frustration. I guess if your only choices are comcast or uverse, uverse is the lesser of the 2 evils but damn...that stinks.

Martel:
    Now this, this sounds nice. Our current vision plan is OK but not the greatest....when I worked at Ohio U, their vision plan was the bomb. Didn't pay for a damn thing and the monthly premiums were dirt cheap. We got spoiled for sure.

kaspera79:
    Eric, ( Martel ) Don't waste your time with customer service over the phone. Those people are not even in this country.. Those people are salesman looking to make you spend money. I just through this BS last month, with all there two way, three way bundles, trying to get me to sign up for all these package with channels I didn't want. Go to the service center where you pick up equipment and pay bills... Tell them what you are going through and Ask them if they can help.. I simply told them this bill is too high, how can we make it more affordable? They have more freedom to adjust your plan and prices then most people know. And they will do it. Good luck.
    Agree with Kas .... make sure you find a "corporate store" though. I called around and the stores closest to me are "authorized retailers" and they couldn't help with uverse other than equipment replacement. FWIW.

• Options
    jgibv:
    Martel:

I understand your frustration. I guess if your only choices are comcast or uverse, uverse is the lesser of the 2 evils but damn...that stinks.

Martel:
    Now this, this sounds nice. Our current vision plan is OK but not the greatest....when I worked at Ohio U, their vision plan was the bomb. Didn't pay for a damn thing and the monthly premiums were dirt cheap. We got spoiled for sure.

kaspera79:
    Agree with Kas .... make sure you find a "corporate store" though. I called around and the stores closest to me are "authorized retailers" and they couldn't help with uverse other than equipment replacement. FWIW.
    I'll head to the Comcast service store when I have a chance, just to see what they can do. Unfortunately, I've never had to wait in line there less than an hour, so it may be a while before I can carve out making that trip.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    Thankful to have a job that allows me to work from home. Atl area roads are crazy this afternoon due to snow.
  • Options
    Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    pre 1965 coins, straight razors, and double edge razors
  • Options
    Finding (multiple) cigars I didn't know I had while refilling humidifiers/rearranging the humidor...
    NICE!

• Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    Finding (multiple) cigars I didn't know I had while refilling humidifiers/rearranging the humidor...
    NICE!

What did you find?
  • Options
    smoke em if you got em:
    jgibv:
    NICE!

What did you find?
    Probably a dozen or so total, LOL. They were buried at the bottom in a box I forgot I had hahaha.

A handful of premeprimepremes, including: Padron Anny (from Catfish)....a couple AFs (no idea which ones since I'm not an AF expert)....101 Namakubi (from Shizza).....Curivari Reserva (from Shizza, thought I had already smoked it LOL)

A few Angelenos + some AJ Overruns that I thought I was all out of....
    And some MOW lovin' (FTW)....a few Virtues, and a MOW Armada (from JHewey)

It was a good day yesssssss

• Options
    jgibv:
    smoke em if you got em:
    jgibv:
    NICE!

What did you find?
    Probably a dozen or so total, LOL. They were buried at the bottom in a box I forgot I had hahaha.

A handful of premeprimepremes, including: Padron Anny (from Catfish)....a couple AFs (no idea which ones since I'm not an AF expert)....101 Namakubi (from Shizza).....Curivari Reserva (from Shizza, thought I had already smoked it LOL)

A few Angelenos + some AJ Overruns that I thought I was all out of....
    And some MOW lovin' (FTW)....a few Virtues, and a MOW Armada (from JHewey)

It was a good day yesssssss
    That's wsup....feelin the ICE CUBE track
  • Options
    not the song thread..i know i know..but love the song so it fits
  • Options
    smoke em if you got em:
    That's wsup....feelin the ICE CUBE track
    Hell yeah...I even went through everything and took "inventory" back before Xmas, wrote it all down on a spreadsheet....don't know how I missed these guys.
    Was pretty pumped to find them, now just need a chance to light them up!
    smoke em if you got em:
    not the song thread..i know i know..but love the song so it fits
    Nice....diggin' it.

• Options
    Picante sauce. I just discovered this stuff and am convinced that it is what God uses at His table. It goes well with dang near everything. Chicken and rice for dinner tonight....with picante sauce. YUM YUM YUM.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Picante sauce. I just discovered this stuff and am convinced that it is what God uses at His table. It goes well with dang near everything. Chicken and rice for dinner tonight....with picante sauce. YUM YUM YUM.
    ...On Hamburgers, and my favorite... Scrambled Eggs.
  • Options
    Scrambled eggs is what I started using it on. Army eggs taste like crap, so I threw some on.
  • Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Random things happening outside my window. Currently it is 14 degrees, with 8 inches of snow on the ground, with more coming down hard and above the house across the street two seagulls are battling in flight. I'm an hour from the coast and 20 minutes from the nearest garbage dump.
  • Options
    macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    The Olympics, I enjoy seeing the kids (yes they are kids) excel at sports that require a high level of skill and talent. The amount of dedication they have put towards their respective sports.
  • Options
    Free stuff.
    Free tickets to just about anything is great.
    Free tickets to the ESPN Game of the Week is Awesome!
    Not a huge Memphis fan, so I'll accept bribes to root for Gonzaga, if any of you guys from the NW want to arrange something. Sticks or Cash are gladly accepted!

Just Kidding, btw! My kid is rooting for Memphis, so I better, as well.

• Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For all you new guys and those who don't know me. Your mother. ;)
  • Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    A forecast for mid 60s all weekend. Dust off the shorts and make some teetimes!