Home General Discussion

Daily Deal

Comments

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    I get home from being out of town and my wife asks how whatever place I went to lunch was.
    Took me a bit to figure out they text her when I use the card.

It's so bad that I once stopped at the bank to get some money and they asked if Missy knew I was getting cash. Wtf?

I stomped my foot and said, I'm not a 5 year old. I don't need her permission.

That's when they just ask again.

Yes, she knows. Now can I have my money?
    Ok now I feel better. I just buy stuff and the wife complains. Couple times a year she threatens to change the PayPal password.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Years back, I gave my wife control of the money, because I am smart enough to know, I'm not smart enough to handle my own money.

If If see chrome, toys, knives or anything I like that looks good to me, I will buy it. 

For the most part, she gives me hell for purchases and keeps track, but she makes me think about what I'm buying and rarely tells me I can't purchase something.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    deadman said:
    0patience said:
    I get home from being out of town and my wife asks how whatever place I went to lunch was.

It's so bad that I once stopped at the bank to get some money and they asked if Missy knew I was getting cash. Wtf?

Ok now I feel better. I just buy stuff and the wife complains. Couple times a year she threatens to change the PayPal password.
    Beat her to the punch.....change it to "cigar"  she will never guess that one 
     :D 
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭

25 for $30, free shipping. Sounds like a helluva deal.

What did you call that @Usaf06
    A little dirt never hurt
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    deadman said:
    0patience said:

Beat her to the punch.....change it to "cigar"  she will never guess that one 
    Oh hell that would be funny.

Worst thing is my youngest daughter would probably figure it out for her.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is it that they always put up something I'd buy the day after I spend my money? 
    and No, I didn't buy the Galan. 
    Thanks @Usaf06 , 'cause I'm always looking for a bargain, and I'd never heard of those.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    thebeard said:
    Amos - whatcha looking at?  I'll put it up again in a couple weeks just tell me what and when.  Goes for all of you.  Tell me what to put up on Daily Deal.  There's ALOT of red tape when it comes to what I can offer and for how much, so bear with me... but i bet i can make some ppl happy...  and the rest even madder.   :#
    Have you got any really old stuff you just need to clear out
    A little dirt never hurt
    thebeard said:
    Amos - whatcha looking at?  I'll put it up again in a couple weeks just tell me what and when.  Goes for all of you.  Tell me what to put up on Daily Deal.  There's ALOT of red tape when it comes to what I can offer and for how much, so bear with me... but i bet i can make some ppl happy...  and the rest even madder.   :#
    It was kind of tongue-in-cheek irony.  I watch the DD's when I'm ready to buy, wait a few days for something I like, then I order.  It just always seems the next day y'all have something I'd have got.  Today it was the Padilla Habano.  I love those.  Also like the 1948's. 

In both cases, (and most others)

I do not like Gordo's. 

Torps, toros, lanceros, even Churchills, all great.

:)
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    edited May 2017

thebeard said:

*whispers sweet nothing*
     Royal Danish

I have to be careful though, I just bought a new grill for my SS, so my budget is getting slim until the first of the month.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    I have seen those grills for tailgating, didn't imagine you would put one on the SS @0patience
    A little dirt never hurt
  • thebeardthebeard Posts: 29 ✭✭
    no grills. 
    Amos, I'll keep that in mind.  good info.
    dirtdude said:
    I have seen those grills for tailgating, didn't imagine you would put one on the SS @0patience
    LOL! That's funny.
    This grill is for the front, not for cooking on. Mine was starting to look pretty bad. Not like the stock ones look that great to start with.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know anything about these?   Never seen them before. 
    @clearlysuspect , I know that one of them is a resurrection of the San Miguel, I've bought it before.  Very good, too.  Not sure which is which, all are "returned from the dead", so to speak.

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ccom exclusives of discontinued lines. I know quite a few people who have had them too dry to save. Purchase at your own risk.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    Ok.  Thanks for the good info guys. 
  • gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    I think the Osiris I (green) toro is supposed to be the San Miguel resurrection. I liked the San Miguel enough to take a chance on these a while back-glad I did. Although not as good imho, for the money it's a pretty damn good cigar. Razor sharp burn, good draw and a nice mild creamy taste. Never had a bad one and they are fine rott, better with some age of course. I've gotten bundles of 10 from Andy for $29.99. Hope this helps.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caldwell's up today. I don't check the DD too often, but that was a nice surprise.  Very good deal on the Easterns @danielzreyes .
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
    Caldwell's up today. I don't check the DD too often, but that was a nice surprise.  Very good deal on the Easterns @danielzreyes .
    Yep!  I'm definitely about to hit those up!!!!  Never had them but everyone keeps telling me how awesome they are.
    @clearlysuspect..... all are "returned from the dead", so to speak.....
    Osiris is a pretty neat name for this concept of reviving or resurrecting a dead line.  I wonder who thought of it.....@thebeard
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep!  I'm definitely about to hit those up!!!!  Never had them but everyone keeps telling me how awesome they are.
    You will be happy with them.  The Easterns may be my favorite Caldwell.  I haven't tried the robusto size, but the euro express (lonsdale) and cream crush (churchill) are very good.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
    I'm not foreseeing any complaints about today's deal, except maybe lack of funds!

• MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Too many of the DDs are Toros and Gordos.  
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
    Martel said:
    Too many of the DDs are Toros and Gordos.  
    fixed it

Noted!  It is a popular size but i try and mix it up as much as possible 
    Hey.  No complaints from me.  I like toro' s and Gordos.  
  • timbtimb Posts: 353 ✭✭✭
    I'm a sucker for coronas, robustos, and short torpedos/figurados.  Closed foot/wrapper is a plus.  But honestly I'll smoke just about anything except MOST infused, always exceptions, tho.