Home Non Cigar Related

Beer

Comments

• GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From @genareddog birthday bomb. Very good! Thanks Larry! 

Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a lotta head.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 27,196 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's almost got the fixings for nachos too.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    Yakster said:
    He's almost got the fixings for nachos too.
    Just chips and salsa appetizer, Caesar salad and grilled salmon soon! 
    Another from @genareddog birthday bomb. 
    Smooth creamy goodness! Thanks Larry! 

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wife picked this up for me today. Wowzer 16%. Its very very deep and complex.
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

Last two tonight
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edna20 said:
    Mmmm, hot pepper beers :) 

Around here it's bud or Blue Moon and bud sucks. Sometimes Sam Adams. Sometimes Guinness. I asked a clerk once if he could get some chili bear and he said that all of his beers were cold. I asked another clerk in another store if they could order hot pepper beer, the look on his face told me I was wasting my time. So for me it's Red Apple and the original ICE and Miller Draft.

If I am ever able to go on a road trip it will be to fill the U-Haul I will be pulling with as many different beers I can find. 

Strange how many whiskies there are here and so many lousy choices in beer. Oh well, I don't drink beer that often so it does not keep me awake worrying about it.
    jd50ae said:
    Edna20 said:
    Mmmm, hot pepper beers :) 

Around here it's bud or Blue Moon and bud sucks. Sometimes Sam Adams. Sometimes Guinness. I asked a clerk once if he could get some chili bear and he said that all of his beers were cold. I asked another clerk in another store if they could order hot pepper beer, the look on his face told me I was wasting my time. So for me it's Red Apple and the original ICE and Miller Draft.

If I am ever able to go on a road trip it will be to fill the U-Haul I will be pulling with as many different beers I can find. 

Strange how many whiskies there are here and so many lousy choices in beer. Oh well, I don't drink beer that often so it does not keep me awake worrying about it.
    Do you have a total wine near you? If so that's where you want to go. 
    -- Winston Churchill

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Usaf06 Walmart now sells wine. They took half the juices and beer down to stock it.

• jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:
    @Usaf06 Walmart now sells wine. They took half the juices and beer down to stock it.

if you're buying your beer at walmart, that's half your problem. 
    i've never been to, or heard of a walmart with a "good" selection of beer

hell there's gas stations around here that have better beer selection than walmart. 

if you can't find a better beer selection at a different store near you, try to find out who the beer distributor is for your area, and contact them directly. 

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Total Wine is a huge liquor store they have a massive beer selection, not just wine.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • GrawlsGrawls Posts: 667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Total Wine is a huge liquor store they have a massive beer selection, not just wine.
    Pretty decent humidor too
    Grawls said:
    Pretty decent humidor too
    But missing the boutique  hipster cigars at the one I visited.
  • GrawlsGrawls Posts: 667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, but not bad for a liquor store
    edited June 2017
     Drinking the stuff like water today,  because it practically is,  but it's really refreshing in the summer when are you doing yardwork in 88 degree weather.  I think this case is going to go faster than I figured. 

• IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,870 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Near me, S-W of Chicago, Binny's is the adult grocery store. Over a thousand beers, whiskey isle, a few wine isles, humidor. Everything a growing boy needs.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

Near me, S-W of Chicago, Binny's is the adult grocery store. Over a thousand beers, whiskey isle, a few wine isles, humidor. Everything a growing boy needs.
    We go there for our chicago herfs
    -- Winston Churchill

• smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you guess my beer? It's a cheap one.....
    Yuengling?
    Strange name, great beer. 
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guitarded said:
    Yuengling?
    Nope
    Its a trap
    -- Winston Churchill

Sam Adams porch rocker? 
  • MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Busch?
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guitarded said:
    Yuengling?
    They brew that stuff 25 minutes up the road from me. Railroad hauls their ingredients. We call it Pottsville Piss Water. 
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
    For Thursday herf at my house, and whatever is left will come to Milwaukee.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For Thursday herf at my house, and whatever is left will come to Milwaukee.

Holy crap, it's S.H.I.T. beer from my favorite Bruery. What? No Black Tuesday?

Ninja vs Unicorn is pretty good too
    I'd better start training now, didn't drink any alcohol at all yesterday and Saturday was all light weight Wheat beer. 
    Nope I drank that 1, but Wayne was able to find some more of the so happens it's Tuesday.  I should not have consumed the Black Tuesday by myself, but it was really freaking good!  Thank you again for those, both are excellent!
    MOW badge received.
  • firehouseguyfirehouseguy Posts: 996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need a couple suggestions of good stouts to go with cigars. I don't typically drink them but I'm headed to the store in the next 30 minutes and thought I'd get a couple to try tonight with some sticks. I realize this is like asking for wine pairings without knowing what I'm eating to go with it but humor me. I'm used to budlight, lol.
    Cigars were made to be smoked, whiskey was made to be drank and women were made to be loved. The only thing I try to age is myself.