Home Non Cigar Related
Options

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The amazing part is I still see Equifax advertising identity theft protection: https://www.equifax.com/personal/identity-theft-protection ...

Don't let identity theft catch you off-guard

Life is full of surprises, and identity theft can be one of them. When it comes to your credit and finances, we know you’ve worked hard to get where you are. Let us help you understand identity theft and the steps you can take to help better protect yourself everyday.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mommy cancelled my Warcraft account.
    Epic tantrum follows.

https://youtu.be/RxYp09W4Vgg
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • Options
    2hand2hand Posts: 351 ✭✭✭
    Mommy cancelled my Warcraft account.
    Epic tantrum follows.

https://youtu.be/RxYp09W4Vgg
    She should probably take that remote away from him too.
    If you don't like women drivers, then stay off the sidewalk.
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,703 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like an autism meltdown.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Hahaha, ya I took a screenshot of him attempting to insert that remote.
    And it's a good thing he didn't have a steel toed boot instead of a sneaker.

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017

irst, I hate to spoil your fun. 

A nd it is funny, but,...... 

K eep your eyes open. 

E verything must be scrutinized. 

• Options

NY Times reporter says boy mowing White House lawn sends bad signal on child labor

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    That's the problem today, kids are not allowed to learn the value of work.

I got my 1st job when I was 12 years old making 1.95 an hour, Working for the meanest drunk that little town had ever seen.

And I've had a job ever since then.

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost said:

NY Times reporter says boy mowing White House lawn sends bad signal on child labor

Maybe if the little $hit$ had work they could do, they'd learn a little responsibility and respect.
    When I was about 13, we worked all day haying for $8/day, which was actually pretty good money in the 70s.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sketch6995 You got 1.95 an hour?! I was getting 1.00
    an hour at 12 washing dishes! When I went to college, 1974, I worked for 1.75 an hour st friendlys. I did get tips there though. Then I became a shift supervisor for 2.25, no tips! I quit school and was going into their Manager Trainee program, when my father made me an offer I couldn't refuse! Been here ever since!
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,703 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yep, at 13 I had the job of mowing the local cemetery and cleaning the church (lawn mower didn't hurt me but the minister who liked cute boys did). Go figure--people are more dangerous than the spinning blades of an unthinking machine. 
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    cbuck said:
    an hour at 12 washing dishes! When I went to college, 1974, I worked for 1.75 an hour st friendlys. I did get tips there though. Then I became a shift supervisor for 2.25, no tips! I quit school and was going into their Manager Trainee program, when my father made me an offer I couldn't refuse! Been here ever since!
    Lol, me too, chicks cafe Heber city Utah.  Every Saturday at 10 am he sent me to the state liquor store next door for his bottle of segrems vo. 
    Which meant that I could buy alcohol in 7th grade.  I was pretty popular.  Till i got caught
    I can't believe it's still there owned by the same family.

• Options
    Barak Husein invited clock boy.
    Trump invited lawnmower boy. 

• Options
    MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cbuck said:
    Lol, me too, chicks cafe Heber city Utah.  Every Saturday at 10 am he sent me to the state liquor store next door for his bottle of segrems vo. 
    Which meant that I could buy alcohol in 7th grade.  I was pretty popular.  Till i got caught
    I can't believe it's still there owned by the same family.
    Heber City...get out! I've actually been there. Cool little town.
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    @Markwell
    Nice, I haven't been back in a lot of Years.
    I miss that mountain.

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

Poll Shows One Fifth Of College Students Say Violence Against Controversial Speakers Is Acceptable

Teach your children well....la la la la
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you were born in the 40's / 50's /60's, you grew up hearing: 

"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!"

After that the message seems to have changed to something like:

"...someone must be oppressing you"

or

"...apply for disability."

at the very least

"It's not your fault, honey, you're being persecuted."

sigh...:/
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did my neighbor's yardwork and babysat when my sister was busy from before I was a teenager, IIRC. Odd jobs for my dad at work too sweeping up, sorting parts, data entry, etc. 
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Mexico City just got hit by a 7.1 earthquake. More than 130 confirmed dead so far.

Crazy part is it's on the anniversary of the 1985 quake. Many people thought it was part of their yearly drills until sh*t broke apart....
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, two of my friends / ex-coworkers checked in, they're fine, but the Cisco building down there had a ceiling collapse.  I hear that this earthquake had a lot of vertical ground movement rather than horizontal.  Unfortunately, I'm afraid the death count will only rise as they dig out.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big US detention center sued for paying detainees $1 a day

Ok, pay them minimum wage, then deduct taxes, lodging, incidentals like shampoo, soap, etc. and meals and see how much they get per day then.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    0patience said:
    Big US detention center sued for paying detainees $1 a day

Ok, pay them minimum wage, then deduct taxes, lodging, incidentals like shampoo, soap, etc. and meals and see how much they get per day then.

Devil's advocate, these are people who were more than willing to pay there own way. If we choose to lock them up for 2 years awaiting deportation, it's not quite their call. They should be either deported immediately, or allowed to continue functioning until we're ready to deport them. But keeping them in limbo, while making them work and paying them nothing sounds a lot like slavery. Especially since they do not have the choice to willingly deport early.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options

• Options
    Wylaff said:
    Have not seen that site before. I like the T-shirt they're peddling: