Home Non Cigar Related
Options

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta said:
    Must be why they specialize in straw men.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options

Discarded Banana Peel Causes Racial Hysteria at Ole Miss

https://patriotpost.us/opinion/51067
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fast food workers strike for $15 minimum wage.
    https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/massachusetts/articles/2017-09-03/local-fast-food-workers-to-strike-for-15-minimum-wage

WTF?
    Fast food jobs are entry level jobs. How the hell should they be making as much as a skilled worker?
    So now these people don't have to learn a trade or go to school to make a family wage?

What happened to you worked your way up. Proved your worth and proved you could do the job.
    In today's work force, we reward the culls and treat them like they are "special" when in reality they are too stupid to hold a real job, so they get rewarded.

Currently, there are people at schools that aren't making $15. Janitors, cooks, etc.
    How do these culls think they deserve more than them?
    Let's face it, if you are working for McD's, then you need to take a serious look at what you're doing.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    0patience said:
    Fast food workers strike for $15 minimum wage.
    https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/massachusetts/articles/2017-09-03/local-fast-food-workers-to-strike-for-15-minimum-wage

WTF?
    Fast food jobs are entry level jobs. How the hell should they be making as much as a skilled worker?
    So now these people don't have to learn a trade or go to school to make a family wage?

What happened to you worked your way up. Proved your worth and proved you could do the job.
    In today's work force, we reward the culls and treat them like they are "special" when in reality they are too stupid to hold a real job, so they get rewarded.

Currently, there are people at schools that aren't making $15. Janitors, cooks, etc.
    How do these culls think they deserve more than them?
    Let's face it, if you are working for McD's, then you need to take a serious look at what you're doing.

And everyone concerned was warned about the adverse effect this would have on small businesses. No one listened, and guess what. 
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    jd50ae said:

And everyone concerned was warned about the adverse effect this would have on small businesses. No one listened, and guess what. 
    One of my son's friends (probably 19 or so), was going on about it and how a lot of them are going to walk out and go on strike.
    I told him that if he were working for me and I hope that some of the employers are smart enough to do it, the moment they walked out, I'd cut them a check and send them down the road. 
    Not only do you NOT get the $15/hour, but now you have no job. How's that work for ya, cupcake?
    Then you get the ones who say, you can't fire a person for that!
    Oh, yes. they can.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not only do you NOT get the $15/hour, but now you have no job. How's that work for ya, cupcake?
    Oh, yes. they can.
    You can in a right to work state 
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    I don't get out much but last time I was in a fast food place they had electronic kiosk where you could order your food, could do the same for drive up, don't think I would hold my breath on the $15 deal. Don't get me wrong, a guy should make what he can, the days are short in my industry as manufacturer's are making haul trucks that drive themselves (and probably won't run over people), won't happen in my career but it will happen.

I hope Nick @Usaf06 doesn't wait 600 more post before he stops in here to get educated.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭✭✭
    deadman said:

Oh, yes. they can.
    You can in a right to work state 
    What kinda dumbass would strike without a union? Especially in the most replaceable jobs in existence.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    Right to work means you have the right to walk out or strike, the employer has the right to let you go also. Like you said they can walk off but the employer can terminate employment on the spot, their choice. Most of these people don't care because they can go down the street and pick up another  minimum wage job. Fast food is a revolving door.
  • Options
    Wylaff said:
    What kinda dumbass would strike without a union? Especially in the most replaceable jobs in existence.
    You would be surprised at the stupidity of some people. 
    We start new hires around $14-$15, no experience. Turnover is high because we expect them to show up everyday and on time.

• Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So theres a gasoline shortage in Texas, heres what NOT to do at the pump… :p

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Well, in his defense, 2007 we had a hurricane storm hit here. We were without power, phones, cell and internet for almost 7 days. While that doesn't seem like very long, my wife and I ended up having to travel out of the area, so I brought 27 five gallon fuel jugs with me and filled them at the nearest town that had power 50 miles away.
    Fuel for my generator, vehicles and equipment.

Now, filling garbage cans is definitely not a genius move, without knowing everything that is going on, I know what I would do and did to take care of my family in a disaster, so I am hesitant to judge anyone on what they would do.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    0patience said:
    Well, in his defense, 2007 we had a hurricane storm hit here. We were without power, phones, cell and internet for almost 7 days. While that doesn't seem like very long, my wife and I ended up having to travel out of the area, so I brought 27 five gallon fuel jugs with me and filled them at the nearest town that had power 50 miles away.
    Fuel for my generator, vehicles and equipment.

Now, filling garbage cans is definitely not a genius move, without knowing everything that is going on, I know what I would do and did to take care of my family in a disaster, so I am hesitant to judge anyone on what they would do.
    Filling 27, 5 gallon cans is fine with me and perfectly legal. Now filling 2, 55 gallon trash cans, covering them with plastic and driving down the highway is just plan idiotic, very dangerous and highly illegal.  
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    @0patience, I would say he did what he had to do :D
  • Options
    If desperate enough, most of us may do something like this. 
  • Options
    TX98Z28 said:
    Filling 27, 5 gallon cans is fine with me and perfectly legal. Now filling 2, 55 gallon trash cans, covering them with plastic and driving down the highway is just plan idiotic, very dangerous and highly illegal.  
    Agreed.
    But, I am in the heavy equipment industry, live in a very rural area and I keep 5 gallon jugs filled for winter storms, as we get hit often during the winter and have a large generator  (17KW) to run everything, so I have the provisions. 

Most folks may not be in that situation. So, they do what they can. 
    Not always smart and not always the best thing to do, but disasters have a way of making folks do stupid things that they wouldn't normally do. 
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options

Indian man's parents fly to Florida to beat son's wife for being 'disobedient,' police say

• Options
    Xenophobe

• Options
    deadman said:
    If desperate enough, most of us may do something like this. 
    It did give me a legal, safer, idea. Buying one or two empty 55 gallon drums approved for gasoline or buy a drum of C16 race gas for the camaro and when its empty just refill with 93 at the pump. 
  • Options
    Took the pups for a walk, and came back with a one inch goathead stuck in my show. I had no clue these damned things could get that big.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never heard of it. (Goathead googled.) I now know what goathead is. We're screwed. When we go extinct, goathead, fire ants, asian carp and kudzu will not.  
  • Options
    webmost said:

http://thedmonline.com/greek-life-retreat-ends-abruptly-bias-concerns/

I really like bananas. I don't want to look like a bad person. Maybe if I put a pillowcase over my head while I eat them,..... I'll need to cut some eye holes. Uh, no,... on second thought, that won't help. Any suggestions?     
  • Options
    OMG......will they force stores to stop selling bananas?
  • Options
    HeavysetrapierHeavysetrapier Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    webmost said:

http://thedmonline.com/greek-life-retreat-ends-abruptly-bias-concerns/

I really like bananas. I don't want to look like a bad person. Maybe if I put a pillowcase over my head while I eat them,..... I'll need to cut some eye holes. Uh, no,... on second thought, that won't help. Any suggestions?     
    Sounds like a banana glory hole. 
  • Options
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options

Woman trapped in window trying to retrieve poo after Tinder date

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-bristol-41167296

Britain has better news than we do.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, @0patience , let's go back to your mysteriously drained batteries...maybe I was wrong about it being the Sasquatches wormholes?
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Wylaff said:

Woman trapped in window trying to retrieve poo after Tinder date

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-bristol-41167296

Britain has better news than we do.
    They where just talking about this on the radio. Guy set up a go fund me to replace his window. Got $2200 so far. 
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's some funny chit.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options

Tiger in the backyard!  :o 

Tiger shot dead in metro Atlanta neighborhood.

http://www.ajc.com/news/traffic/search-for-owner-tiger-shot-dead-metro-atlanta-neighborhood/k9fiC7yQdqK5mOjEXqjxQL/

Guns don't kill people, tigers though, if given the chance, will escape from their owners and rip you to shreds and eat you alive. BLM (Ban Large Man-eaters!)