Home Non Cigar Related
Options

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guitarded said:
    I don't want to pour gas on a fire, but I do have questions. 
    Do you smoke cigars?
    Have you done a cigar trade or bomb a member?
    You found an unmoderated forum to voice your opinions, and it seems there are very few of them that relate to cigars and pipes.

I hope we aren't having requirements to be able to post now?

He did win the contest Oyan did and had it sent to someone else.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, there aren't requirements, Tony.  But it is a cigar forum, and one would expect that cigars would be the majority of what any of us posts about.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElJimbo I apologize for calling you stupid. You aren't stupid. You're ridiculous. 
  • Options
    ElJimboElJimbo Posts: 657 ✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    ElJimbo I apologize for calling you stupid. You aren't stupid. You're ridiculous. 
    You said that in the same post. And I'm sure you can point out why you think that?
    ¡Prefiero morir de pie que vivir siempre arrodillado! -General Zapata
  • Options
    Markwell said:
    All the "minorities" got a problem with America? Ok...go the fuckkkk back if life is so great in the third world country your great great great great great grandaddy came from against his will. Problem solved :)

jd50ae said:

Markwell said:
    Or we could just hold to the origional Christian values this country was founded on and not allow anyone to "transition", not allow same **** marriage, and stop all this stupidity before it's too late. There's a place for these kind of people. It's called the psych ward of your friendly neighborhood nut house. Sorry if that's not politically correct :open_mouth:

Bob_Luken said:

Back to my point which you failed to address. I assumed you were replying to the super hero comics I, and one other guy posted. I assumed it was stupid for you to take it to the following conclusion. ------> ElJimbo said:
    So, anyone who is not White or Straight, is Wrong?

It's the only thing I asked you about. Who, on this forum, said anyone who isn't white or straight, is wrong? That would be wrong of them if they did but, I don't think anybody said it or implied it. Go ahead. Support and substantiate your post. I have an open mind. Prove my assumptions wrong and I'll think about not calling you stupid. 

Please just consider the singular subject I asked you about. Your post. 
      Is this enough? 'Cause I could go back farther to our conversation about George Lopez.
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After a few exchanges I decided to stay away before things go nasty and mean. After seeing how far this has gone and reading more I have noticed that:

@ElJimbo   Every link you posted has been anti white, anti cop, anti American Government. Every time someone disagrees with you, you make a passive aggressive comment that comes across like a little child stomping their foot while saying I am right, you are wrong, then quoting a rapper to make your point.

Personally being who I am, I have little time for people like you, you think you are better and smarter than others and have movie trailers and gangsta rap that say you are right.

I hope I am wrong, but it would not surprise me if we see you on the news st a antifa protest throwing rocks st the police when they tell you to disperse and go home.  Again hope I am wrong.  In the mean time this almost old retired Army white guy is going to prepare a cigar trade box so it can head west to another forum member who also doesnt have time for racism nonsence.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    Diver43 said:
    After a few exchanges I decided to stay away before things go nasty and mean. After seeing how far this has gone and reading more I have noticed that:

@ElJimbo   Every link you posted has been anti white, anti cop, anti American Government. Every time someone disagrees with you, you make a passive aggressive comment that comes across like a little child stomping their foot while saying I am right, you are wrong, then quoting a rapper to make your point.

Personally being who I am, I have little time for people like you, you think you are better and smarter than others and have movie trailers and gangsta rap that say you are right.

I hope I am wrong, but it would not surprise me if we see you on the news st a antifa protest throwing rocks st the police when they tell you to disperse and go home.  Again hope I am wrong.  In the mean time this almost old retired Army white guy is going to prepare a cigar trade box so it can head west to another forum member who also doesnt have time for racism nonsence.
    Duly noted (from an old Navy salt).

https://youtu.be/XVCtkzIXYzQ

• Options
    MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    There are totally evil, mean, and nasty people on this forum!

Just look at the Midwest Alliance for example. They're constantly destroying mailboxes and picking on poor noobs.

Then you've got @deadman who is just nasty at math... @peter4jc being a total jerk sending out prizes. But the evilest, nastiest of them all has gotta be that @Bigshizza. Stay away from him! He's lival to break down your front door with one of his "10ers."

Such evil running rampid on a public forum nonetheless...I don't know why we stand for it.
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    Interesting you two were on the post @Bob_Luken asked for... I play "movie trailers and gangsta rap", is that all you got out of it? No mention of Dr. King and such? Such a short memory.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Deleted. Not feeding this nonsense anymore.
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    He's just jealous because you're 5 Vegas privileged 
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, my counting is good. You guys just forget the exponents.
  • Options
    CrisiusCrisius Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    deadman said:
    Hey, my counting is good. You guys just forget the exponents.
    As long as you please excuse my dear aunt sally, I don't care. xD
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,100 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had over 600 unread posts in this thread last night. I wish that number was still growing. I think I am actually dumber for reading all the bullshìt in here. 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    I had over 600 unread posts in this thread last night. I wish that number was still growing. I think I am actually dumber for reading all the bullshìt in here. 
    If you think this is dumb, stay away from the Mind Sets thread. 
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:

You mean the hi-jacked songs thread?
  • Options
    YankeeMan said:
    jd50ae said:

Nurse refuses to violate a patient's Constitutional right, gets arrested. 

by gamblingpoet4 hr

Alex Wubbels refused to give the blood of an injured patient to a cop, so the cop decided to arrest her. The patient was unconscious, could not give consent, and the cops had no probable cause or warrant to get his blood. The patient he was the victim of a car accident, he was not the cause of it (the otso her driver was killed). Detective Jeff Payne then decided to arrest Nurse Wubbels.  We need more people like Nurse Wubbels in the world.  And less like Detective Jeff Payne.

I agree with you.  After 30 years in law enforcement, I have seen good and bad officers, the good far outweighing the bad.  I tell my students that as long was we choose officers from the human race, we are going to have some who do not fit the badge.

Every time something like this hits the news, it wipes out all the good things thousands of good officers do every day.  This guy just didn't like his authority challenged, so he reacted badly and illegally.  I see a lawsuit coming and he well deserves it.

I was 16 and had great respect for cops. One incident by an all powerful jerk cop soured me for years. I've learned however, that all professions have bad apples and I have regained my respect.
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My sister got in a car accident a couple years back, and the cop that responded called a tow truck and told her that she had to use it, or he would cite her for leaving her car by the side of the road. The tow truck driver waited until he got her home, and demanded 250 cash to not impound her car. I still see that cop around town, and while I generally want to kick him in the testes, I have respect for the badge and the office.

There are corrupt people everywhere. A corrupt officer just stands to make more of an impact than a corrupt bag boy...
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:
    Usaf06 said:

You mean the hi-jacked songs thread?
    I think it's more of a F the police with bible verses thrown in.
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    You read ALL of it? Give that man a cigar!
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:
    YankeeMan said:
    jd50ae said:

Nurse refuses to violate a patient's Constitutional right, gets arrested. 

by gamblingpoet4 hr

Alex Wubbels refused to give the blood of an injured patient to a cop, so the cop decided to arrest her. The patient was unconscious, could not give consent, and the cops had no probable cause or warrant to get his blood. The patient he was the victim of a car accident, he was not the cause of it (the otso her driver was killed). Detective Jeff Payne then decided to arrest Nurse Wubbels.  We need more people like Nurse Wubbels in the world.  And less like Detective Jeff Payne.

I agree with you.  After 30 years in law enforcement, I have seen good and bad officers, the good far outweighing the bad.  I tell my students that as long was we choose officers from the human race, we are going to have some who do not fit the badge.

Every time something like this hits the news, it wipes out all the good things thousands of good officers do every day.  This guy just didn't like his authority challenged, so he reacted badly and illegally.  I see a lawsuit coming and he well deserves it.

I was 16 and had great respect for cops. One incident by an all powerful jerk cop soured me for years. I've learned however, that all professions have bad apples and I have regained my respect.
    We do have bad apples and it hurts us all in the profession.  The DA is now considering charges against the Detective.  Besides being a hard butt, the cop is stupid.  I was always very nice to ER doctors and nurses.  I don't want to get them mad at me today and tomorrow be looking up at them from a gurney in the ER!
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 2 cents: You guys need to lay off Eljimbo. Leave all that GTFO and STFU for the Left. That's their bread and butter. Shutting down discussion is their forte... starting with PC. They have more practice at it and they can adduce innumerable emotional illogical non-arguments.  Please, stop the ad hominem and stick to the merits.

He is right, after all. ElJimbo is absolutely correct. There IS institutionalized racism. Plenty of it. For example: I am impressed with the lawsuit brought recently by a group of Asian students who are plainly getting gypped by "diversity" quotas when prestigious universities admits so many blacks with SAT scores three and four hundred points lower than theirs simply because of the color of their skin. One can adduce dozens of examples, from the Post Office to government discrimination in favor of minority owned contractors to hiring and promotion policies at police departments and fire companies and major corporations, and so on and so forth. Institutionalized and rampant racism. Not only on the basis of race, but also on the basis of gender and even of nationality. This goes way back. Even when I was in school, if I had been able to use my mother's maiden name, Faria, white, I could have qualified for scholarships not available to me as Davis, white. When 96% of one race votes for an incompetent liar and the media fawns because he is mulatto, that is racism. When significantly more whites are shot per arrest than whites, that is racism. BET is racism. How many examples do we need before we recognize and this evil and put an end to it?

So, yes, there positively is institutionalized racism. So institutionalized that the highest courts have upheld it time after time. You think courts decide cases on the merits? Bull. These Asians will lose their case as inevitably as did Allan Bakke and Anny Fisher.

The essence of white privilege is this: White males, like Asians, do not get to make excuses. This inculcates a work ethic not available non-white minorities.

This has got to stop. Immediately.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If, I ever thought that racism could end, I would be all for agreeing with protesters and all that.

But, it is inherent in all human beings to suspect, not associate or even shun those that are different in looks and color.
    It is part of our genes. It is how tribes, races and civilizations survived of the millenniums. 

To whites, it may be that all people not white look the same, like all american indians look the same or any race of color look the same and visa versa. But that your own color, breed or nationality, you can probably tell the differences. 
    I tend to feel more comfortable with people of Salish decent, than people of Sioux or Apache. If that makes sense.

The point is, while we can hope for racism to stop, you cannot change your dna.
    And that is where it really starts. trying to change a person's views is tough to do, when it is at their core.

It can be done, but so many factors make up a person, changing all of that takes years, not days or continued effort.
    People with mixed race parents are more apt to have less of a view of racism, than some because they tend to grow up with multiple views of people.

But those people who have mixed race parents also see both sides of racism.
    In my case, I look white, just that my tan never fades. 

That's my view of it. 
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Citizens box in a hit and run felon.

http://imgur.com/gallery/SCDDb
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I apologize to everyone for my part in fanning the flames of this pile of burning turds. Have I learned anything? Yes.  
  • Options

Back to school brawl leads to woman pulling gun at Novi Walmart

it was the last notebook

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/277272120-story