Home Non Cigar Related
Options

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Options
    MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man's GPS Led Him To Drive into Lehigh River Sunday In Easton, PA

I had a similar incident befall upon me over the weekend when my GPS routed me down a rough camp trail, but you would think (dare I say) common sense would prevail prior to this guy driving into the Lehigh River. It's only 1/4 mile wide through Easton.
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Markwell said:
    Man's GPS Led Him To Drive into Lehigh River Sunday In Easton, PA

I had a similar incident befall upon me over the weekend when my GPS routed me down a rough camp trail, but you would think (dare I say) common sense would prevail prior to this guy driving into the Lehigh River. It's only 1/4 mile wide through Easton.
    Man, PA roads are so questionable; GPS takes you some strange places.  I've found myself on crazy cow paths through farmland when taking detours.

Oil and chip is the worst surface you can legitimately call "paved" and get away with.  It's most of what we have around me.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Yeah I despise those "fresh tar" roads.

Failed to mention I popped a brand new tire and never caught back up with the steam train I was chasing. I'll have to wait another year for them to run that route again before I can make a dvd.
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Google Maps likes to route me through some sketchy neighborhoods in LA when the freeways back up.  I used to take the back roads a lot back when I had a Garmin USB GPS and mapping software on a laptop in the desert between Palmdale and Lancaster in CA, had to turn around a lot when the roads petered out, but it was fun. Now people in neighborhoods are complaining when they can't back out of their driveways because all the commuters are going down their streets during rush hours.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    I do enjoy the exploration but it was a hella lot easier back when I had the jeep. Pontiacs don't like off roading.

My first GPS was literally what you had. I remember those days. It was fun as heck to use but you really needed a co-pilot. 

Oh well...sucks to be them, eh? 
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

NYT Reporter Asks Sanders Which Part of Hillary’s Book Wasn’t Accurate – Regrets It Immediately

http://nation.foxnews.com/2017/09/13/nyt-reporter-asks-sanders-which-part-hillary-s-book-wasn-t-accurate-regrets-it
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use a GPZ -- Global Positioning Ziplock. Print general directions bold on a paper, put the paper in a ziplock, tape the ziplock to my motorcycle tank. Why a GPZ and not a GPS? Because every single time we followed a motorcyclist with a GPS, we wound up on a dirt road. Like this gem: 

That's about a 40 degree uphill leading nowhere. At the top, my clutch cable broke. Long and hilarious story... tell you some day.

It's not just PA. The above was in North Carolina. National Parks has advised people not to use GPS out west, too, after that old lady and her hubby got thoroughly lost, where was it, Arizona? He perished trying to hike for help. She wandered out several days later starved and frost bit. 

Happens all the time.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Markwell said:
    I do enjoy the exploration but it was a hella lot easier back when I had the jeep. Pontiacs don't like off roading.

My first GPS was literally what you had. I remember those days. It was fun as heck to use but you really needed a co-pilot. 

Oh well...sucks to be them, eh? 
    Some GPS don't have a truck setting for it and in a 30,000 lb truck, if it wants to send you down a road marked "No Trucks", it's a pain to get turned around.
    I now check to see if a stereo or GPS has the truck settings before I buy them.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options

Pumpkin Spice Lattes fund 'white supremacy' in Trump White House, according to feminist group

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    CrisiusCrisius Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    webmost said:

Pumpkin Spice Lattes fund 'white supremacy' in Trump White House, according to feminist group

Someone clearly drinks a lot of stupid juice.
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Image result for triggered gif
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    edited September 2017

• Options

Customers Outraged After Buffalo Wild Wings Silences National Anthem

• Options
    TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Options
    She's not bad looking... And she's got a thing for hairy and stinky... Go nuts!
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
  • Options
    Half your shoe size +1" if I remember that school yard crap right....
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:
    Krazy Kim will want that shipped to North Korea asap, wait... I ment to China then North Korea
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juggalos descend on Washington

• Options
    deadman said:

They still exist?

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:
    deadman said:

They still exist?
    Apparently and the government lists them as a gang. 
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Insane Cigar Posse is a gang?
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clinton: There's a 'game that’s being played to keep women in their place'

She thinks it's a sexist thing, keeping her out of the white house.
    She doesn't realize, it isn't about her being a woman, it's about no one wanting HER as president.

She's what's wrong with this nation. It's never the person, it's always because of what they are. Such BS.
    Nobody takes responsibility for them being the mistake, not what they are.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    +1

I would love to have a woman president, just not her.

• Options

Equifax actually had a security software update that would have made the hack impossible, it was not used and they had it for a long time.

All my CC statements are coming in early.
  • Options
    jd50ae said:

Equifax actually had a security software update that would have made the hack impossible, it was not used and they had it for a long time.

All my CC statements are coming in early.
    If your stuff got stolen, hope you are on that list to sue them because that info right there lets you know they will lose.