Home Non Cigar Related
Options

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,328 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    @crisius; Who would you suggest to be the trigger man...or do you want to do it yourself?   (Or trigger person)
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    CrisiusCrisius Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    Build a machine for it. Hell, I could build a trigger pulling machine for probably 100 bucks. Still cheaper than the cost of deportation. Make it pressure activated, once they are sat in the chair it goes off.
  • Options

You're deflecting the question.  Would you be willing to be the executioner?

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 strike rule is not a nationwide thing. That's a California thing. And I'm sure some other west coast states followed.  Florida doesn't have it, neither does federal law. The problem with anything government is how long it takes anything to get done. That's why I can't imagine why anyone would want the federal government involved in anything let alone healthcare. The federal government has way to many beuracracies and redundancies. 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Stubble said:

100% Willing to end 1000's of lives? No. No-one should be willing for such a thing. Given the right day and mood I'm probably between 20-40% willing to pull the trigger. As an abstract, I don't mind the deed. But I know looking someone in the eyes and doing so would tear me apart. Especially someone who hasn't directly injured anything more than my wallet. Money comes and goes.

But there needs to be a solution, is mine harsh? Yes. But it would work better than what we do now and save the country BILLIONS of dollars. Which could go to Healthcare or education even which are far more important than wasting it on people who don't respect the laws of this land.
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now, I'm not for big government, or runaway redundanies, but...  when the money spends money on deportation, it's not like the money goes 'poof' and is no more; it goes into the pockets of federal agents who spend the money on houses, cars, vacations, education, etc.  Granted, it would better that the government left the money in the hands of us taxpayers, or spent it in a better way.  But it's still not just disappearing into thin air.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Crisius said:
    Stubble said:

100% Willing to end 1000's of lives? No. No-one should be willing for such a thing. Given the right day and mood I'm probably between 20-40% willing to pull the trigger. As an abstract, I don't mind the deed. But I know looking someone in the eyes and doing so would tear me apart. Especially someone who hasn't directly injured anything more than my wallet. Money comes and goes.

But there needs to be a solution, is mine harsh? Yes. But it would work better than what we do now and save the country BILLIONS of dollars. Which could go to Healthcare or education even which are far more important than wasting it on people who don't respect the laws of this land.

I think your idea is insane. 
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crisius said:
    Stubble said:

Have you considered increasing you meds 20-40%? 
    Just so I fully understand, your mood and day of the week are directly variable to whether you could murder a person? 
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    3 strike rule is not a nationwide thing. That's a California thing. And I'm sure some other west coast states followed.  Florida doesn't have it, neither does federal law. The problem with anything government is how long it takes anything to get done. That's why I can't imagine why anyone would want the federal government involved in anything let alone healthcare. The federal government has way to many beuracracies and redundancies. 
    More states than you think. 
    The states with 3 strikes laws are;
    Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, and Wisconsin.

I tend to forget, you can make a generalization on this forum without being called out on it. My apologizes.

I'd be happy if they did away with the obummer care and put it all back the way it was, but since obummer started it, there is no putting the genie back in the bottle.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Guitarded said:
    Crisius said:
    Stubble said:

Have you considered increasing you meds 20-40%? 
    Just so I fully understand, your mood and day of the week are directly variable to whether you could murder a person? 

mur·der
    ˈmərdər/
    noun
    noun: murder; plural noun: murders
    the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.

Well with the way I see it. No. It's punishment for crimes against our country. And if this became the punishment for such crimes, then it would not be murder. It would be state sanctioned. Also known as Capital Punishment.

The fact I have to teach you the difference between cold blooded murder and punishment for ones crimes is quite sad. Might I suggest a dictionary be the next book you pick up and read?

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What punishment do you propose for dry begging, @Crisius?
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're advocating the death penalty for a civil violation? I would hate to see your stance on unpaid parking tickets or jaywalking. 
  • Options
    You're advocating the death penalty for a civil violation? I would hate to see your stance on unpaid parking tickets or jaywalking. 
    It is a civil violation to overstay a visa. It is a federal crime to enter illegally. Kick out those that overstay and deny them future entry.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Ease off guys. He's just frustrated. Lots of people are. People say things when they get frustrated. 
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Crisius said:
    It is a civil violation to overstay a visa. It is a federal crime to enter illegally. Kick out those that overstay and deny them future entry.
    https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1325

It is punishable by a fine and a prison sentence not to exceed six months. There are 41 federally recognized crimes that are punishable by death, and none of them are as trivial as illegal entry into the United States.

https://deathpenalty.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=004927

I agree that there needs to be immigration reform, but imposing the death penalty for illegal entry into the country would be barbaric. This is a complex issue where there are no easy answers. There was a time when crimes like theft, burglary, and money counterfeiting were punishable by death, but instead of deterring crime it tended to escalate violent reactions by the perpetrator. 

I am not trying to antagonize you, but I hope you understand why people have reacted negatively to your suggestion.  

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The prob is not one guy losing patience & saying shoot `em. The prob is an administration that refused to enforce the law you just cited abetted by a congress too useless to do anything about it.

Without voter fraud, without votes bought with the public dime, without pitting class against class and race against race, the Democratic party would be irrelevant. 

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    Usaf06 said:
    Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, and Wisconsin.

I tend to forget, you can make a generalization on this forum without being called out on it. My apologizes.

I'd be happy if they did away with the obummer care and put it all back the way it was, but since obummer started it, there is no putting the genie back in the bottle.
    Florida is definitely not a 3 strike state. So based off that list I don't know how many actually are. Either way it doesn't matter. I don't support 3 strike rule anyway.
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    0patience said:
    Usaf06 said:

Florida is definitely not a 3 strike state. So based off that list I don't know how many actually are. Either way it doesn't matter. I don't support 3 strike rule anyway.
    http://www.tampacriminalattorneys.com/Criminal_Defense_Blog/2015/August/What_Happened_to_Floridas_Three_Strikes_Law_.aspx

These are Tampa criminal lawyers, so I'm assuming they know their law?
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost said:
    The prob is not one guy losing patience & saying shoot `em. The prob is an administration that refused to enforce the law you just cited abetted by a congress too useless to do anything about it.

Without voter fraud, without votes bought with the public dime, without pitting class against class and race against race, the Democratic party would be irrelevant. 

This whole argument is so sad.
    People all across the country getting really angry.

You know why this argument and 1000s like it are taking place?
    Or have you forgotten?

Votes Votes Votes 
    And no voter ID.

Anything to get a vote.
    Put your anger there.
    Enforce the laws and this arguments dies.

No, that is too simple, and they would not get the votes. So on they will go, living in their gated communities, oblivious to their stupidity. And sooner or later there will be a major incident and the democrats will say "not our fault". 

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,703 ✭✭✭✭✭
    'According to Homeland Security, the attackers only got into the systems of a handful of states despite targeting almost two dozen. *In some cases, like in Illinois,* the attackers altered voters' records and got away with their sensitive details, but investigators didn't find any evidence that they tampered with actual voting machines. Office of Intelligence and Analysis Cyber Division acting director Samuel Liles once said, however, that the attackers might not have altered vote counts, because their real purpose was to look for vulnerabilities to exploit.'
    DHS finally reveals the states Russia hacked during the elections
    State officials finally know if they serve one of the 21 states Russia tried to hack during the 2016 Presidential elections.
    FINANCE.YAHOO.COM

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    @Bob_Luken
    I wasn't replying to that. 
    I was replying to the comment about the forefathers.

As for execution. I'm not for it, but not exactly against it for any criminals.
    3 strikes in this country means life in prison.
    The problem is, are we going to put thousands of illegal immigrants in our prison system for life because they have been caught doing illegal things 3 times?
    At who's cost?

Do you send them back to their country, where depending on the country, they will be released to do it all over again?

How do you break the cycle?

As for "Let's talk about today", tell that to the rest of the nation tearing down monuments and statues and all that.
    I agree. The past should be left in the past, but it shouldn't be forgotten either.
    Those things should be a constant reminder of how things were, so we don't make those same mistakes again.

I don't know the answers, but I do know that in the historical comparisons of all great civilizations, the US is on the downhill slope of collapse.
    A nation divided is a nation failing and we are.
    Our nation can't even get their $hit together on health care, how do they expect to get immigration solved? 
    @0patience  I'd like to withdraw my question/statement. I know it's too late for that now, but if I could, I would. It was pretty $hitty of me to drag you into it. I was rude to ask you to respond directly to his crazy idea. He's the one who said it, not you. 
  • Options
    webmost said:

I don't understand why so many conversations devolve into a game of finger pointing. It is not as if Obama placed a moratorium on deportations, and in fact the administration deported more illegal immigrants than the Trump administration has during the same time period. 

Also, correct me if I am wrong but we currently have a Republican administration and a Republican majority in Congress. As for the voter fraud issue there have been no credible accounts of even moderate voter fraud in modern history. The Russians may have hacked 21 states in the previous election, but there is no evidence that they actually interfered with the results. 
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Bob_Luken said:
    0patience said:
    @Bob_Luken
    I wasn't replying to that. 
    I was replying to the comment about the forefathers.

As for execution. I'm not for it, but not exactly against it for any criminals.
    3 strikes in this country means life in prison.
    The problem is, are we going to put thousands of illegal immigrants in our prison system for life because they have been caught doing illegal things 3 times?
    At who's cost?

Do you send them back to their country, where depending on the country, they will be released to do it all over again?

How do you break the cycle?

As for "Let's talk about today", tell that to the rest of the nation tearing down monuments and statues and all that.
    I agree. The past should be left in the past, but it shouldn't be forgotten either.
    Those things should be a constant reminder of how things were, so we don't make those same mistakes again.

I don't know the answers, but I do know that in the historical comparisons of all great civilizations, the US is on the downhill slope of collapse.
    A nation divided is a nation failing and we are.
    Our nation can't even get their $hit together on health care, how do they expect to get immigration solved? 
    @0patience  I'd like to withdraw my question/statement. I know it's too late for that now, but if I could, I would. It was pretty $hitty of me to drag you into it. I was rude to ask you to respond directly to his crazy idea. He's the one who said it, not you. 

What my opinions tend to lead to....

• Options
    KImJongUnKImJongUn Posts: 12
    edited September 2017
    I tell you how to fix. On 3rd strike, U put explosive device inside body. Body blows up if they cross border. Someone try to remove device they blow up. If they no cross border they ok. Their fate is then in their hands. Don't u watch Mission Impossible?
  • Options

'Decapitated body' is really Halloween decoration, Tennessee police say

• Options

Hillary blames young women for her 2016 loss

That covers every gender, race, religion and status as far as I can tell. Has the **** blamed herself yet? Or has the **** left some demographic out?
  • Options
    Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok people......1 ounce is legal in Colorado.
    3100 lbs.......not so much.

The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    3100 lbs - sounds like a good weekend.  :D
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mass shooting in a church and the media couldn't care less. 
    Usually they'd be all over this, non-stop like starving dogs.

It's a good thing for them we are all easily distracted by the Trump'ed up NFL crisis.  

I think the media folks really just want to be good teachers to us. But this Sudanese immigrant mass shooter story isn't useful for one of their teachable moments. They got nothin' to work with here. Class dismissed.

http://thefederalistpapers.org/us/revealed-sunday-church-attack-first-mass-shooting-medias-not-interested