Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Netflix recommendations And Prime( if you got it)

Comments

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hulu has Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency. It's based off Douglas Adam's books and it pretty good.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    Same brand of comedy, but much, much blacker.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone watch Ancient Aliens on The History Channel? Just discovered it and shows some interesting theories that make you think. There has to be more out there than just us.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • Options
    "When God found out man was making a Stargate, he got angry..." Patrick introduced me to it in Chicago.

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleddog46 said:
    Does anyone watch Ancient Aliens on The History Channel? Just discovered it and shows some interesting theories that make you think. There has to be more out there than just us.
    Been watching on and off for years. My old boss was obsessed with it. 
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Hulu just added Boy Meets World, Full House and Home Improvement.

Enjoy!

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law, too funny
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Stranger Things returns tomorrow :)

• Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:
    Stranger Things returns tomorrow :)
    I think I'm going to start season one soon. Seems like it is a very popular show.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Sleddog46 said:

Wife and I are on season 11 on Hulu.  Undeniably somethings been going on here for a long, long time.  

Oh, and the last season of Longmire is due in a couple weeks on Netflix.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Netflix has a lot of great original movies and tv shows. 
  • Options
    Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    There's only 1 way to watch Netflix.........
    In the hot tub.   :D
    Star Trek Deep Space 9 anyone?  

The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • Options
    Looks like the last season of House of Cards is in jeopardy.  Too bad. 

I'm in no way condoning Spacey's behavior, IF there was any such behavior, but doesn't 30 years seem like a long time later to be bringing this up?  As a senior in HS, 16 years old, a fellow at the local community theater group "came on" to me.  I was shocked, such a thing had never occurred to me, neither the thought nor the circumstance. 

It must have taken me, oh, two weeks to get over it.  Not 30 or 40 years for something which ultimately was just a proposition.  Not really that big a deal.

Maybe I'm wrong.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Into the 2nd "Stranger Things". !st season was a complete and wonderful surprise. It started out as, "well I'll just take a quick look" and have been waiting for the 2nd season ever since. If you have not seen it you're missing a good show, pure escapism and no politics.
    One of the actors, Charlie Heaton, was popped at an airport for some traces of cocaine. At least it wasn't for some predatory offense.
  • Options
    Looks like the last season of House of Cards is in jeopardy.  Too bad. 

I'm in no way condoning Spacey's behavior, IF there was any such behavior, but doesn't 30 years seem like a long time later to be bringing this up?  As a senior in HS, 16 years old, a fellow at the local community theater group "came on" to me.  I was shocked, such a thing had never occurred to me, neither the thought nor the circumstance. 

It must have taken me, oh, two weeks to get over it.  Not 30 or 40 years for something which ultimately was just a proposition.  Not really that big a deal.

Maybe I'm wrong.
    Wrong? 
    In my school it was one of the janitors and dirty pictures, not trying to hurt anyone, just showing some dirty pictures.
    On the block it was a predatory taxi driver and he went after my Godfather's daughter. The taxi driver, his wife and all traces he ever lived there disappeared over night.
    What bothers me about today's deluge of accusations is that there are just so many. And from a group of people who knew what "casting couch" meant. And then you have to wonder how many are convenient memories to get in the spotlight. Don't get me wrong, I think Harvey should be roasted over a nice slow burning fire, but I still wonder.
  • Options
    OK, more and more of this is coming out, so to speak.  I'm sorry I brought it up.  That's why it's called "Hollyweird"

• Options
    To be fair, if Kevin Spacy grabbed my junk, I would probably be very confused....

• Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife and I binge watched Stranded. 
    A series from Iceland that was really well done. 
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    Wrecked is not available on any of the streaming platforms, but if you can find it, it is the funniest sitcom I have seen since Titus.

(Disclaimer: They have notified my ISP every time I've pirated an episode)

• Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,653 ✭✭✭✭✭
    British mystery that's good is "The Five" 
  • Options
    Started watching "Blindspot" today on Hulu. Pretty dang good. Also: Jaime Alexander!

• Options

MINDHUNTER

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Future Man!
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finished the first season of Stranger Things the other night. It was great.
  • Options
    Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Canadian version of cops.  Should be called drunks on parade.  It's called "under arrest.
    New season released.
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Season one of the Ozark was awesome. Trying to get into watching Strangers Things.
  • Options
    "LONGMIRE"
    A simple show. Simple cast, some well known. Simple story lines. No politics.
    Modern good guy small town western sheriff.
    6 seasons, final season is here.
    A really good watch.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    We've finished up Longmire and Mindhunter this week, will be looking for something new. 

You know, with all the "me too" going on, I'm suspecting that the next couple years are going to bring a lot of Barney the Dinosaur type entertainment.  I'm betting that the more adult venues fade away now that we know that the actors are all so uncomfortable doing the things they've always done.

• Options
    Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone watch the show on Netflix  "Godless" ? It's a 7 part miniseries Western. Hard to get into but still good.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • Options
    Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleddog46 said:
    Anyone watch the show on Netflix  "Godless" ? It's a 7 part miniseries Western. Hard to get into but still good.
    It's on the list right after I burn through Punisher. Jon Bernthal plays a very convincing sociopath. 

I just did a major binge of all the marvel/Netflix joint operations. Jessica Jones, Luke cage, daredevil and iron fist. Then the defenders where they all join up. I really liked the casting and the small time hero themes present across the board