Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Things I Hate

Comments

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still have some old carb cleaner in a 15 gallon barrel with a drop tray to soak carbs. I refuse to get rid of it.
    But it's been years since I've had to do any real amount of carb work.
    With EFI, it's pretty much spray it down and replace parts
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^I hate spraying Carb Cleaner in my eyes... done it twice! Had my eye ball under the faucet for like an hour, never forgot how bad it burns.....for days...LOL
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TX98Z28 said:
    ^I hate spraying Carb Cleaner in my eyes... done it twice! Had my eye ball under the faucet for like an hour, never forgot how bad it burns.....for days...LOL
    I’ve had some chemicals come back into the eyes over the years but the worst was metal shavings and slag from a grinder working on welded seam on my Camaro. Still have some floaters in my vision when I look certain ways from that chit. 
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TX98Z28 said:
    It’s amazing how it always seems to find yours no matter how careful you are. It could be one drop and it always finds them...

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,390 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was running network cable in a ceiling at work and got a piece of acoustic ceiling tile in my eye.  Had to go to the hospital to get it out.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rust in the eye is the worst. I saw a video where they said to use a magnet to get it out. :#  
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,390 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They tried irrigating it, but had to use a cotton swab to get it out.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    If you are a welder and have to go in for an MRI, let them know you weld.
    The heavy metals in welding get into your eyes and it will feel like someone is trying to pull your eyeballs out while they are doing the MRI. 
    Most MRI techs will ask questions about welding, etc. Some don't.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    If you are a welder and have to go in for an MRI, let them know you weld.
    The heavy metals in welding get into your eyes and it will feel like someone is trying to pull your eyeballs out while they are doing the MRI. 
    Most MRI techs will ask questions about welding, etc. Some don't.
    Machining too. Lathe, end mill, grinding.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When a customer walks into your shop and even before he asks you if you have this part he ask “do you think auto zone has this.” So I say” I don’t know,would you like me to **** call and ask!
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When a customer walks into your shop and even before he asks you if you have this part he ask “do you think auto zone has this.” So I say” I don’t know,would you like me to **** call and ask!
    He just wants his Moog 
  • Options
    Tell them that you are sure they can get it, but AutoZone NEVER has anything other than bling in stock. 
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NAPA is my go to,..... The only time I would ever step into one of those stores is on a Sunday when they're the only place open....and even then I still wouldn't buy anything they keep in stock behind the counter.....Unless it was a life or death matter
  • Options
    If your fat you can get liposuction, if you have small **** you can get a boob job, can get a chin tuck and all sorts of stuff to fix issues. There is NO fix for stupid. That moron you spoke to proves that in spades brother. 
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Markwell said:
    When someone with no posts and a generic username posts to my wall asking me if I wanna buy a humidor. Erm... think I'll pass mmmkay?
    That space is reserved for newb addresses.
    I mean he did post his phone number, I'm sure it's real. 
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I may have said this before, but, I hate it when I donate some money to something that sounds like a worthy cause, then they spend twice what I donated trying to get more money out of me.  

Spend it on the cause!  Dumbazzes.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean he did post his phone number, I'm sure it's real. 
    Yeah really. Should have been 1-800-UR-FVCKED
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    I hate when a position comes open, I qualify for it, go through the interview process and get offered the position, only to find out it starts at a grand less than I make now.

And trying to negotiate with these jokers is like trying to explain the theory of relativity to kindergartners.

I didn't really want to be a project manager anyways, but as close to retirement as I am, was thinking it was less damaging than heavy equipment.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    Really sorry to hear that Tony, that absolutely sucks brother :(
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A grand less sounds like a lot of moolah to give up, and it is if that's per week or per month.  But if it's a grand a year, that's twenty bucks a month - less after taxes.  So preserving the body may be worth $14 a month.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1000 dollars a year less is 83 dollars a month less before taxes. How did you get 20?
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my brain I was thinking per week but with my fingers I was typing per month...

Divide 1000 by 52 and then X your tax rates...

My preference would be to forget about the extra money and Salvage whatever structure I have remaining...
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    TX98Z28 said:
    You've got to stop doing that! :s  

It's a terrible habit.  I think you're supposed to spray it into a little baggie and then...well, don't do that either! :p  

Also terrible. ;)
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate when you find out that the dickturd that built your house cut some corners, you find this out by making one improvement.  That one improvement turns into fixing existing problems you could not see, now you five improvements, but at a huge extra cost.  At least these problems were discovered and fixed now before they became a much larger and more expensive issue later.  My way of justifying it.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    peter4jc said:
    A grand less sounds like a lot of moolah to give up, and it is if that's per week or per month.  But if it's a grand a year, that's twenty bucks a month - less after taxes.  So preserving the body may be worth $14 a month.
    Grand per month. 
    So it's significant. LOL! 
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said: