Rock My Ride

Comments

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rock on
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wish I would have seen this sooner I might have been able to meet him for a ride. I’ve been on the GPz a lot this summer and would have loved to turn some miles with Davis. Happy belated birthday and keep the rubber side down Davis :)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just hope he didn't meet up with @kswildcat
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    I just hope he didn't meet up with @kswildcat
    Whatcha suppose ever happened to the wildcat??  Anybody know??
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Victim of a political discussion, got pissed and jumped ship I think.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neither, Thankya very much. 
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you find a shop?  I got thinking about that after we talked last night, seemed like your only option.  Considering all the bikes I saw in that part of Arkansas, there should be plenty of options.  Hope all goes well.  and yah, Oklahoma will burn/wear the center right off your back tire for sure.  
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Stay safe Davis and really dig what you’re doing, jealous of a killer ride! Wish I would have seen this before you came through Colorado, would have loved to ride with you. What bike are you on, a Guzzi?

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Don't get in one of those duckboats Davis.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish I could meet up with y'all, but this weekend is already too busy for me. Have fun. I'll be thinkin' of you. 
  • Options
    MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't know how I missed this. If you need a rest stop on your way back to Smellaware you're welcome to hang out 'round these parts, Davis. Granted, it's only 2.5 hours from my door to your's  ;)

Safe travels. I'll give you a ring tomorrow evenin.
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stay safe Davis and really dig what you’re doing, jealous of a killer ride! Wish I would have seen this before you came through Colorado, would have loved to ride with you. What bike are you on, a Guzzi?

Brett

I bought a 2016 Kawi Versys 650 LT for the purpose. It's working out damn well. Cheap to buy, cheap to farkle, swift, smooth, nimble, very easy on gas, and common as dirt. I highly recommend it. 

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    About time you check in you crazy old coot. Helluva adventure.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options

This dude makes James Bond look like a pimp.

A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    Sounds like a great time guys, safe travels Davis!
  • Options

@CalvinAndHobo , when does your adventure start? Be sure and keep us posted as you go.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

Awesome. Love that bike! No tour-pack?

• Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't feel like spending thousands of dollars on one when a couple bungy cords will work just as well, since I don't have a passenger that I have to make comfortable.

• Options

yeah, you've got a back rest, and a good sized duffel will hold more than a tour-pack anyway. I put my sleeping bag between my tour pack and me on the pillion, then bungee my sheepskin across it and down onto my seat so that it's like a chair.

I highly recommend the sheepskin. First time I rode from Tennessee to Sturgis SD and back, when I got home I ordered the sheepskin. They send you the whole thing, and you cut it to fit. That was 30 years ago, and I'm still using it now. It's seen me through 3 motorcycles. Well worth the money. I think it cost $90 back then, probably closer to $200 now, thanks to our glorious leaders injudicious use of their printing press. But, that's a rant for a different thread.

• Options
    TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CalvinAndHobo, you're covering some beautiful territory.