Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Things I Hate

Comments

• Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TX98Z28 said:
    ^I hate spraying Carb Cleaner in my eyes... done it twice! Had my eye ball under the faucet for like an hour, never forgot how bad it burns.....for days...LOL
    You've got to stop doing that! :s  

It's a terrible habit.  I think you're supposed to spray it into a little baggie and then...well, don't do that either! :p  

Also terrible. ;)
    I would wear safety glasses but when the carb cleaner gets on them I can’t see where I’m spraying😎
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    0patience said:

That needs to be on a t-shirt
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TX98Z28 said:
    TX98Z28 said:
    ^I hate spraying Carb Cleaner in my eyes... done it twice! Had my eye ball under the faucet for like an hour, never forgot how bad it burns.....for days...LOL

It's a terrible habit.  I think you're supposed to spray it into a little baggie and then...well, don't do that either! :p  

Also terrible. ;)
    I would wear safety glasses but when the carb cleaner gets on them I can’t see where I’m spraying😎
    Carb cleaner, brake cleaner and starting fluid all have a unique quality, in that they can maneuver around safety glasses. 
    I have experienced it first hand, many times.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TX98Z28 said:
    TX98Z28 said:

Also terrible. ;)
    Somehow carb cleaner always managed to find it around your glasses and into your eye! When I used to wrench full time didn’t matter glasses or not it would always get me.

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    I hate when I spend almost 4K on a brand new murdered out MBP and it just crashed!!! I’m about to go fvcking ballistic!!!
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    And I hate my new Coleman cooler is defective....!!!!! AND I hate how the fvck this is all possible!!!!
  • Options
    TX98Z28 said:
    I hate when I spend almost 4K on a brand new murdered out MBP and it just crashed!!! I’m about to go fvcking ballistic!!!
    I hate how I have absolutely no idea what that is.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    0patience said:
    TX98Z28 said:
    I hate how I have absolutely no idea what that is.
    MacBookPro and in still steaming mad!! I’m gym now moved up another 5lbs on everything cause I’m so pissed...
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,682 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have a lot of hate built up here Harrison. I know about Coleman coolers but WTF is 'a murdered out MBP'?
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    dirtdude said:
    You have a lot of hate built up here Harrison. I know about Coleman coolers but WTF is 'a murdered out MBP'?
    MacBookPro...I had a very bad day
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,682 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Catch a breath, smoke a cigar, it will be alright.

Now the defective Coleman cooler, was it full of nice cigars? That would be a tragedy.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    I hate unisex names.....no hard feeling to those of you that have one. 
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Foul!
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    I hate wireless routers.

My internet connection stinks anyway, living out in the sticks.  Literally, my work is on Sticks Road.  There's an intersection about a quarter mile from work where the village of Sticks used to be.  I'm about 8 miles from there where I live.  I can't get DSL or Cable.  Tried satellite for a while but their prices and data limits are jokes.  Found a local provider who basically has a giant WiFi network. They have an antenna right at the top of the hill we're on, so we get good signal, but it isn't always consistent.  One speed test will max out.  Five minutes later it will drop packets like crazy and be slow.

But things got worse when I plug everything into my old router.  It's time to replace it.  So about a month ago I did.  Found a deal on a late model Netgear new in the box.  It worked great.  I was connecting faster than ever with my wireless devices.  Phones, tablets, TV.  Thinking this MuMimo stuff was great. 

Then I have a power outage and the thing is bricked.  Some firmware problem, and I can't even ping the router.  No way to load new firmware.  Call support, they walk me through everything I've already done.  Then no support because the router wasn't purchased from an authorized seller.  Oops.  Didn't read the 3-column, 70 page list of sellers I didn't even know was a requirement for something brand new in the box.  Would have been nice if they'd said something when I registered it for warranty...

Good thing I saved the old router.  Or not, it ran great for a couple days.  Then it started acting wonky again.  That's the appropriate tech term, right? Wonky?  Troubleshooter says I am connecting to internet sites, but the browser won't pull up anything.  Reset.  Works for 2 minutes then does the same thing again. 

I'm in a good period right now.  I've been connected long enough to write this and it seems to be working.

$150 bucks down the drain for a bricked router and I'm back to square 2. 
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,625 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like you hate power outages and what they can do more than you hate routers.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Nah. I hate the router I have now.  The new router was okay until it busted from a power outage.  But the thing is, it shouldn't have busted.  It was surge protected and everything it should have been (although Netgear recommends you don't have routers on a surge protector, go figure), and had just updated firmware when I bought it and ran for almost a month with no problem, but after reading up on it, it was just a ticking time bomb as others had the same problem.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being on double secret probation.
    Most, but not all of my posts are waiting approval. 
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    I hear that's catching.  Try it without quoting and without a string of @ symbols and it should work.
  • Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Guitarded said:
    Being on double secret probation.
    Most, but not all of my posts are waiting approval. 
    I had this issue the past 2 days, every single one of my posts said it needed to be approved first and nothing was going up. Today I called ccom and they transferred my call to andy and he fixed something so now it's working. They changed something with my level. I'm officially the only person on the forum as of now who is "Level ."

Edit: Many others were promoted to level . it looks like
  • Options
    @CalvinAndHobo

You're not the only one who got their period today. I wasn't having any problems that I was aware of, but you've got to go with the flow around here.

Yakster said:
    I got my period today.

ccom said:
    Yakster, CalvinAndHobo, Andrew_Dzikoski, Guitarded, Diver43 and 8 others were promoted to .

• Options
    Yakster said:
    @CalvinAndHobo

You're not the only one who got their period today. I wasn't having any problems that I was aware of, but you've got to go with the flow around here.

Yakster said:
    I got my period today.

ccom said:
    Yakster, CalvinAndHobo, Andrew_Dzikoski, Guitarded, Diver43 and 8 others were promoted to .

I guess I have finally matured as a cigar smoker. 
  • Options
    So all the posts will hit at the same time and we'll get 200 emails saying someone replied to something?
    Awesome. And will probably get all the notifications in the middle of a meeting. 

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    0patience said:
    So all the posts will hit at the same time and we'll get 200 emails saying someone replied to something?
    Awesome. And will probably get all the notifications in the middle of a meeting. 

I think they're just lost in the internet now. Once it got fixed, the stuff that was pending approval didn't go up.
  • Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just assumed it was my over use of the word "k n o b" got me kicked off......
  • Options
    MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great...now I can post and I forget all the snarky things I was gonna say 
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    I hate mold! I hate the smell of mold! I hate being allergic to mold! I hate having to scub it off the driveway with diluted 1:1 bleach every year...Then I hate how the bleach or any other chemical cleaner runs down the driveway and kills the grass...🤬
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 to 1 is crazy should be 10 to 1.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,625 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate it when people start talking about moving the Chicago herf to somewhere else. 
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    1 to 1 is crazy should be 10 to 1.
    1:1 worked okay...not very impressed with getting all the mold off but killing it was the main goal.
  • Options
    TX98Z28 said:
    I hate mold! I hate the smell of mold! I hate being allergic to mold! I hate having to scub it off the driveway with diluted 1:1 bleach every year...Then I hate how the bleach or any other chemical cleaner runs down the driveway and kills the grass...🤬
    BioSafe Mold killer. It even comes in a bottle you hook up to the garden hose.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said: