Home Pipes

What is in your pipe?

Comments

• EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    C&D Autumn Evening
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent Choice. Get some P&C Cavendish in the Woods. You will enjoy that one as well. 
    jsnake said:
    Excellent Choice. Get some P&C Cavendish in the Woods. You will enjoy that one as well. 
    Thanks!  I'll ad it to my list. I don't smoke a lot of aromatics but I do like this one. 
  • dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    More of the Cohiba Pipe Blend in an old Preben Holm freehand. This is one of my favorite pipes. It is a featherweight compared to other Freehand pipes. When I bought it from an estate sale on eBay, it had only been smoked a few times. The stem had a beautiful oxidation pattern so I just polished it up a bit to preserve the patina. 

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nuthin fancy, just some Squadron Leader in a Stanwell brushed black. 
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    Fusiler’s Ration Special Reserve in a Nording Signature. I will buy more when they get it back in stock! 

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
    I decided that since I like the Cohiba Pipe Blend so much that I would try the blends by some of the other cigar manufacturers. Today I opened a can of Macanudo blend, and packed one of my favorite cobs. Though I’m not a huge fan of aromatic blends, this one is not bad at all. It is not overly sweet, and burns very cool with tons of smoke and a lot of flavor. I would recommend it to anyone who likes aromatic blends. 

SPC Deception Pass in another Nording Signature. This is now a staple in my rotation. 

Looking out at a cold, rain soaked day with some Esoterica Pembroke in my Hans Christian Anderson. Thanks @jsnake I like this blend a lot! 

Uhle’s Blend 00 from @jsnake in a Nording freehand. This is the first all burley blend that I have really liked. It has a simple, straightforward flavor profile that is very smooth and enjoyable. Thanks Jacob! I will order more of this one for sure

Revisiting the Pembroke again. This is a blend that I could smoke every day

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Packed a bowl of McConnell's Glen Piper for the morning dog walk.  The tin is about a year old, seemed dry to the touch but perhaps todays wet weather offset that.

After lunch I went for a bowl of C & D Habana Daydream in my Silkebrun accompanied by a cup of TAZO Chai with wildflower honey.  Pretty nice.  

:)
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    Esoterica Margate and a nording hunter 2006 both from @avengethis.
    Love that pipe! 

• Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dbeckom said:
    Esoterica Margate and a nording hunter 2006 both from @avengethis.
    Love that pipe! 
    I do too. It's a bit heavier bend than I would pick for myself but I think Brad is pushing my boundaries in a good way
  • Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I followed up with a bowl of pirate kake from Cornell and Diehl in my Missouri meerschaum general. 75 percent latakia. Yes please!
    I smoked some Cigar & Tabac 10th Anniversary. It is absolutely amazing. I was thinking about going by the shop and grabbing more. This is where Mike McNeil and the KC Pipe Club hang out. Naturally most of their house blends used McClelland tobaccos. Unfortunately that means it is all gone. 
    Cohiba Pipe Blend in an old estate Meerschaum from @jsnake 

Macanudo pipe blend in a Comoy’s Everyman canted Dublin...tasty!

SPC Plum Pudding in a Preben Holm freehand 

C&D Bourbon Bleu in an old Comoy’s...tasty stuff!

Relaxing on the couch with some Pembroke in an old Ben Wade Standard. I love the way this old pipe smokes.

Dinahill Nightcap. During the day. Is that even allowed? 
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love those old Everyman pipes, great smokers. 
    Love those old Everyman pipes, great smokers. 
    I have several Everyman pipes and I love them all

McClelland 2040 Cyprian Mixture in a Nording Signature...perfect for a cool day after an early thanksgiving meal. 

Earlier i I had a big bowl of H&H Viprati

I am still smoking the Frog Morton tin I opened. Today I used a Neerup poker for the first time. Great pipe and great tobacco.