Home Pipes
Options

What is in your pipe?

Comments

• Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Edward, it's a Fathers, Friends, and Fire from Erik Stokkebye.
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SPC Plum Pudding Special Reserve in my old Preben Holm Freehand 

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    Lane Crown Achievement in a Savinelli Author. This lil pipe came unfinished, and years of smoking have given it a beautiful patina. The only thing that I’ve ever used on the briar is a Decatur pipe cloth embedded with silicone 

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had some G.L. Pease "Odyssey" in my Stanwell Gilt Edge this morning.  Cyprian Latakia, Stoved Black Virginia, Matured Red Virginia, and Orientals.  Right up my alley.  Very nice, but still not 5110 Dark English.  :(  Alas, it shall be no more!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Reminds me of a funny story.
    Former girlfriend had a clay pipe with a stem at least a foot long.
    Was repairing something and I broke the stem.
    She went bonkers, "that was worth hundreds of dollars", blah blah blah...
    I listened in total disbelief.
    Had a reason to go to a city near ole Georges Washington's place.
    Went to the souvenir shop and bought 5 identical pipes, maybe $25 total at the time.
    Gave them to her and never went back.
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reiner's Long Golden Flake, blend 71 in an old Dunhill bulldog.
  • Options
    Edgeworth Ready Rubbed in a Stanwell "Prince" army mount billiard.
  • Options
    SPC Plum Pudding (with a pinch of added Cyprian Latikia for a more smoky punch) in a Hans Christian Anderson Bent Dublin...yummy!

• Options
    A cool day in the park with some C&D Joie de Viere from 2014 in a Nording. I’m excited to see how this blend is with more age. I’ve had it fresh, with 2 years, and with 4.5 years and it just keeps getting better 

• Options
    C&D Haunted Bookshop in a short, light Teipen bent bulldog.
  • Options
    C&D Haunted Bookshop in a short, light Teipen bent bulldog.
    @silvermouse I was just reading about Haunted Bookshop again yesterday. I’ve never tried it, though I have a tin from 2014 in the cellar. Does it live up to the reviews? I guess I should pick up a tin to try now, then if I like it I can add more to my cellar 

• Options
    I fell in love with it back around 2000 and then they got a different batch of leaf and now I don't love it, but I do like it. Very non-aromatic. If you like the taste of pure tobacco without casing or topping or humectants you should enjoy it.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    C&D Deception Pass from 2016 in an old Preben Holm 

• Options
    Enjoying the sun with some SPC Mississippi River in a Hans Christian Anderson bent Dublin

• Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dbeckom said:
    Enjoying the sun with some SPC Mississippi River in a Hans Christian Anderson bent Dublin

I never knew it had a name, but that looks just like the pipe my Grandfather smoked.
    After dinner he would go down to the basement, and smoke his pipe or a cigar and listen to the Italian radio station while sipping the wine he made.
    Thanks for awakening a fond memory and making me smile.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stokkebye cube cut in the dagner cob. Backed up by a vanilla bean chocolate toffee blonde from infusion
  • Options
    Cornell and Diehl star of the East in the cob anse
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smoked some W. O. Larsen Signature in my Stanwell HCA this morning.  This is about the 3rd bowl of it in that pipe.  More of an aromatic than I usually smoke, but I'm enjoying it more and more each time.  My go-to pipe tobaccos are usually quite Latakia heavy, but this stuff makes a great morning smoke. 

I thank @Stubble for his mention of Larsen, without which I probably never would have tried it. 
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    costadelricacostadelrica Posts: 9
    site de rencontre agriculteursaid:
    Lane Crown Achievement in a Savinelli Author. This lil pipe came unfinished, and years of smoking have given it a beautiful patina. The only thing that I’ve ever used on the briar is a Decatur pipe cloth embedded with silicone 

Awesome pipe never found like it in my area
  • Options
    What kind of viruses will we get if we visit that link you changed the original commenters name to in your quote? I see you've done that in one other place too. Perhaps you should proofread better in the future
  • Options
    Right, Captain; ukreine dot com...femmes russes doesn't sound too agricultural
  • Options
    Right, Captain; ukreine dot com...femmes russes doesn't sound too agricultural
    The other time it was done was much less nonchalant.
  • Options
    Five Brothers Smoking Mixture in a Hilson meer-lined small cutty
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Five Brothers Smoking Mixture in a Hilson meer-lined small cutty
    You almost always name a different tobacco and pipe when you post here.
    You must have a wonderful collection 
    I have to Google most of them to see what they look like
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    I had a pretty serious case of PAD before I cured it by buying cigars, lol.
  • Options
    MacBaren's HH Mature Virginia in an Eliot Nachwalter Briar Works Studio bent apple.
  • Options
    Three Nuns in a Talbert Ligne Bretagne billiard.

• Options
    Three Nuns in a Talbert Ligne Bretagne billiard.

How fresh is the three nuns? I hear the blend went south recently
  • Options
    I've had it for about 6 years. Danish version. Used to be one of my favorites back in the 60's, OK now but so are a bunch of other coin-cuts, like Villiger Cocktail Hour.

movin' on to some War Horse in a Ser Jacopo Picta vanGogh 18

• Options
    GH Black Cherry Twist in a Pietenpauw 1/8th bent bulldog. similar to this one:
    Jan Pietenpauw Pipes  rebornpipes