Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• Options
    cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

@Patrickbrick might be right, but I’m sure everyone who has been married for a few years is familiar with the rule “happy wife, happy life!” I would grab a beer or something and go on the porch and have a cigar! @Yakster just my opinion though!

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,421 ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree @cbuck, I said Patrick's right, but I didn't say that he shouldn't do what his wife asks him to do. You may notice that in my messages Wife is always capitalized intentionally.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,552 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

I concur. Nearly every time I've heard a woman say :smile:

"You're disturbing the children"

it has meant

"You're pissing me off".

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    TBonzTBonz Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭✭

Or, at a minimum translated to "You are bothering the kids and if you continue, it will end up bothering me even more than them!"

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,809 ✭✭✭✭✭

I excessively bolted this thing down. Zero wiggle, a car couldn't drive through this thing. Perfect to code too. Will add a nice oak railing after I paint it.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,751 ✭✭✭✭✭

I went to the store and bought 🍌 bananas. This is how we do it.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,809 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's what I did today, now I'm drinking scotch.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options

Hooked my phone up to the TV to video my oldest daughter.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,726 ✭✭✭✭✭

post hole digging today, other than that, nothing much. The virus has arrived on Cape Cod on the bodies of second home owners, come down to avoid the virus.

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

They've locked the Frozen North down. Things should get real interesting in the next few days

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    MrShrekMrShrek Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭✭✭

Finished the install of our front bumper and winch. Here is a before and after.

• Options

Shopped for supplies at the farmer's market and grocery store. More complicated and better equipped than a mission on the Walking Dead.

• Options

I lowered my work table about 4" to make working from the recliner more comfortable. I was having to tilt my head back too far to see the monitors with my bifocals.

I raised each leg and then put an 8" jelly canning jar under the leg to prevent everything from spilling off the table and then just lifted the table off the jars when I was done.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,751 ✭✭✭✭✭

^^^ hey, hey, hey... smarter than the average bear, Booboo...

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    HeavysetrapierHeavysetrapier Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭✭

Alex is shaving my neck since my barber is closed..

• Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭

Really want to go home but still have 23 hours and 17 minutes of my shift left...

• Options

I really want to get out, but I've got a month+ more of shelter-in-place.

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

A lot of military helicopters in the area this week

• Options
    edited March 2020

Yes, all kidding aside, stay safe out there @Toombes and thanks for being out there.

Here, I'm waiting for a report to finish pulling a list of open cases for my group since 1/1/18 and it's been running for quite a while. I have a feeling that I'll have to kill the report and try starting it again.

Yeah, the report just exceeded the time limit so I'll have to run it again. It worked fine yesterday.

• Options

@Usaf06 said:

@Toombes said:
    Really want to go home but still have 23 hours and 17 minutes of my shift left...

Stay safe out there

Thank you, kind sir.

• Options

@Yakster said:
    Yes, all kidding aside, stay safe out there @Toombes and thanks for being out there.

Here, I'm waiting for a report to finish pulling a list of open cases for my group since 1/1/18 and it's been running for quite a while. I have a feeling that I'll have to kill the report and try starting it again.

Yeah, the report just exceeded the time limit so I'll have to run it again. It worked fine yesterday.

Thanks, brother, and you're welcome. Just fulfilling a need to help my fellow man.

• Options

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,752 ✭✭✭✭✭

People are dying from the covid. The flu going around is pretty bad, too. I manage to catch a cold. Fail.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

The EMS company I work for sent an email stating us bearded fellers had to shave.
    Joke's on them, I shaved before they sent the email. Ha!

• Options

Did they say you have to shave every day?

• Options

Listening to my theremin playlist on Spotify