Home Non Cigar Related

Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭

Save your ass-hattery for the Vherf.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

@deadman said:
    Learned something new. Apparently Andrew Zimmern is into cigars. Talks about traveling around the world with his show allows him to stay stocked on Cubans

That dude was homeless before tv picked him up. Funny how that works. Also that humidor is in the states.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Patrickbrick said:

@deadman said:
    Learned something new. Apparently Andrew Zimmern is into cigars. Talks about traveling around the world with his show allows him to stay stocked on Cubans

That dude was homeless before tv picked him up. Funny how that works. Also that humidor is in the states.

Correct, I believe that lounge is in Texas. He sat down and talked with them while there and they posted on IG a while back now.

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,051 ✭✭✭✭✭

oh

You always have us, Paul.

• cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,416 ✭✭✭✭✭

Instant increase in cigar budget! Nice!

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭

I awesomed before and I'll awesome again.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis

My overstuffed herf chair broke.

Enjoyed the chef snacks I trimmed of the rack of spare ribs for lunch while smoking a Sindustry and vHerfing with @Significant3. I dry-rubbed the snacks in a habanero rub that's too strong for the rest of the family.

Finally cooled off enough to roast some coffee. Ran out Monday, looking forward to having some coffee tomorrow.

• YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just finished breakfast. I love working at home!

Raccoon got into the cellar of the spare house overwinter; cleaning up the mess and repairing the insulation. Fun job.

Listening to Town Hall meeting discussing pay cuts and layoffs going into effect while enjoying coffee and a good cigar.

• Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd be thinking that agenda would require something slightly more potent than coffee.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...

I'm sure that there will be some Scotch involved tonight after I set up the new mesh WiFi network.

edited May 2020

@Yakster said:
    Listening to Town Hall meeting discussing pay cuts and layoffs going into effect while enjoying coffee and a good cigar.

Hopefully they don’t affect you

Post edited by deadman on

The pay cut is certain, I'm hoping to avoid the layoffs.

• TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

@deadman said:
    Walking by the bushes and noticed this guy

Do you know what kind of snake that was? I don’t mind them, but always makes me wonder what they are if come in close contact.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.

@TX98Z28 said:

@deadman said:
    Walking by the bushes and noticed this guy

Do you know what kind of snake that was? I don’t mind them, but always makes me wonder what they are if come in close contact.

I believe it to be an earth snake. They only get 8-10 inch long and eat bugs/worms. Love mulch and flower beds. I have had many, the cat usually gets them. That day bees where going nuts all over that bush and I didn’t want him eating them.

Necco Wafers are coming back, nearly exactly as they were before
    The classic candy is coming back after a two-year absence.
    –John Tlumacki / The Boston Globe, File
    SHARE TWEET
    COMMENTSBy Christopher Gavin, Boston.com Staff
    May 29, 2020 | 3:52 PM
    When reports circulated in 2018 that Necco and its famed wafers appeared to be heading to the big candy store in the sky, their most fervent fans stockpiled the iconic candy and readied for the beginning of the end.

But for those Necco survivalists out there chipping away at any remaining stash, there’s now some good news to chew on: Necco Wafers will soon be back.

The beloved candy that once rolled out of the former New England Confectionery Co. factory in Revere is set to make a comeback following a two-year hiatus thanks to the Ohio-based Spangler Candy Company.

“Just when comfort food is experiencing a resurgence, Necco Wafers is back with that very kind of familiar, comfortable feeling we all seem to be craving,” CEO Kirk Vashaw said in a statement. “We are delighted to bring Necco Wafers back into production and to share in their sweet return with fans old and new.”

Spangler has resurrected the wafers, which date back to 1847, after purchasing the Sweethearts and Necco brands in 2018. Necco was put up for auction earlier that year and later closed its doors.

The midwest company says affectionados and sweettooths alike can expect essentially the same product they’d come to love all those years, from the flavors on down to the wax paper wrapper and recognizable logo.

According to Spangler, that means the eight classic flavors will grace store shelves again: lemon, lime, orange, clove, cinnamon, wintergreen, licorice, and chocolate.

If there’s one caveat, it’s this: Spangler says “true Necco Wafers connoisseurs may detect a richer cocoa flavor in the chocolate wafers due to a minor improvement made in the cooking process.”

The wafers are expected to hit major drugstores in June, with other stores carrying them starting in July.

“We know fans have been waiting anxiously for the return of Necco Wafers and anticipate high demand,” Vashaw said. “Our production lines will continue to run as fast as possible to keep stores in-stock.”

Fantastic!

I used to travel right past that factory in Boston on my way to work and it had a great candy-miasma. The factory had a steam-powered horn that sounded at 8, 12, and 5 to signal the beginning, lunch, and end of work. It is that sort of thing that gives a neighborhood character.