Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭✭✭

Replaced a headlight on my wifes Subaru. Removed the tire, pulled the wheel well cover out of the way, and changed the lamp left handed.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,848 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    Baking rye bread and picking dried balls of bread dough out of my knuckle hair.

Sounds better then picking dried knuckle hair out of your bread dough.

• Options

@IndustMech said:
    Replaced a headlight on my wifes Subaru. Removed the tire, pulled the wheel well cover out of the way, and changed the lamp left handed.

Did you drop the $17 bulb on the ground watching it shatter like childhood dreams?

• Options
    cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭✭✭

On my way to get a Covid Test. Some extended family member was exposed to someone who tested positive. Had to quarantine all week. No work except when nobody else was there. Hopefully good to go by Monday!

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,249 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hoping for he best, Charlie.

Brewed a batch of the darker roasted Honduras Canal Washed Lempira from Legacy Farms this morning to start the day as a break from the lighter roasted Uganda Sipi Falls Natural that I've been enjoying on the regular. I realized during the brewing that I'd forgotten to clean the pot, tastes pretty good even with this breach of routine.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

After making coffee I took the extra french fries from The Habit family meal that we had for dinner last night and made a sort of hash brown dish for breakfast from them. Browned some onions, added cut up ham steak and cut up french fries, and added a couple of cheese sticks that didn't really melt right (out of cheese except for cheese sticks) and also scrambled some eggs on the side. My daughter is not a fan of eggs, but she said that she'd eat this dish with egg in it next time. My wife suggested I add bell pepper next time too.

Enjoyed this with a mimosa my Wife made. Well I'd already finished breakfast by the time my Wife came down for breakfast.

https://www.salvagesisterandmister.com/7-ways-to-use-leftover-french-fries/

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

Made steak and eggs for breakfast.

The blackbirds / starlings are migrating through today. I used to really hate them, because they'd wipe out all the bird food, but now I simply watch the swirling movements of the flocks as they pass through. Interestingly, the local small birds seem to realize that if they're at the feeder, the starlings pick up on that and come in. They seem to know what's coming, disappear, to return when the swarm has passed.

Or, maybe I've watched too many nature documentaries lately.

So it goes.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

we have a pair of Baltimore orioles who have decided to stick around the feeder this winter. I put out orange halves for them and have discovered that a small cup of mango nectar makes them really happy.

edit: what other birds live in your neighborhood during the winter?

• Options

Lot's of birds here. Various hawks, occasional bald eagles, turkeys, owls, sparrows, various thrush and finches, I think. Let's see, cardinals, blue jays, mockingbirds, great blue heron, never know when you'll see cormorants, "snake birds" some call them. The blue birds and purple martins are gone for the winter. Osprey passes through in April and October. Same with the black-caps. Doves, used to be LOTS of doves, not so many anymore. Same with robins. Canada geese, which also seem to be less prevalent that 10 years ago. We don't have the little screech-owls like we used to around here, either. I miss seeing them standing along the edge of the road at night. Or, maybe I just don't drive as much at night. I love living in the country.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    edited December 2020

Post edited by Amos_Umwhat on

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I heard ya the first time.... 🤣

• Options

Hunh? Dunno how that happened.

• Options

Cleaned the coffee pot, coffee grinder.

• Options

Did the dishes, changed the water filter in the water filter pitcher, brewed coffee, brought in the spare ribs to rest before prepping for the grill.

• Options

peened the end of 48 silver wires, next up, putting a 4/40 thread on t'other end.

• Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

Took a bunch of measurement of the front frame section on the truck before I cut it off and make one out of tube....One side was almost 2" out of wack....Musta hit something.
    Then made a rolling jig for the front diff so I can weld on a truss and rebuild it.
    Lost two hammers in the shop.....

• Options

Tried to buy a game (Among Us) on the Nintendo Switch eShop today. Must have been a Merry Christmas for Nintendo because their eShop has been suffering outages since this morning.

• Options

Was finally able to load Among Us on the Nintendo Switch, an improvement over playing it from a mobile device. We were playing with my family and my eldest's boyfriend. I was hampered by bringing the herf dog into my lap so he'd stop pacing the floor meaning I wasn't able to use my external keyboard with my laptop.

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

One of the twins teachers will use Among Us as a reward. If the class as a whole does well she will play the game with them.

• Options

@Yakster said:
    Tried to buy a game (Among Us) on the Nintendo Switch eShop today. Must have been a Merry Christmas for Nintendo because their eShop has been suffering outages since this morning.

For you or the kids? 😜

• Options

For my Wife to play with the kids. I have Steam loaded up on my new laptop so I run Among Us on Steam. She's been using her old iPad, but it's much easier to play on the Nintendo Switch so I set her up. I may end up using it some time if I'm ever too lazy to get out my laptop, keyboard, and mouse to play.

• Options

Listening to old Steve Martin after a nice breakfast with the family. Scramble, coffee, mimosa, toast.

https://youtu.be/WPgurvq6MIU

• Options

Just napped. Going to the gym.

• Options

Taking a break from sealing the fence.

• Options

that's the way to do it because fencing a seal is a lost cause.

4,000-pound elephant seal barges through fence at Piedras Blancas
    https://www.sanluisobispo.com/news/local/community/cambrian/article52252580.html

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭✭✭

The only heat in the entire building at work is a 10" space heater in my office. The rest of the building is 34f. Brrrrr.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.