Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,652 ✭✭✭✭✭

How do you test something like that for leaks? Just fill it with water and watch? How thick is the glass and is the floor sturdy enough to support nearly a ton on that footprint? Just curious.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,715 ✭✭✭✭✭

I took a shower today. Mark your calendars.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    JGruveyJGruvey Posts: 627 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m on a slab so no worries about the weight. The glass is 1/2 inch thick and yeah you fill her up with a pump ready to drain it in there if you see any leaks. Flex seal the inside of the stand so the water pools and you can then shop vac any spill out.

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:

But did you pee in the shower

• Options

@deadman said:

@peter4jc said:

But did you pee in the shower

Not since @VegasFrank set me straight.

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,248 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cranked up and ran dry my chainsaws, lawnmower, weed eater, and leaf blower. Putting everything up for the winter.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JGruvey said:
    So I decided I wanted to try something new and I’m currently building a 220 gallon saltwater fish tank. I’ll post some pictures when it’s put together.

They're a lot of work. Gave mine up because I couldn't keep the nitrates under control. Pro tip: always underfeed.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

@First_Warrior said:
    Cranked up and ran dry my chainsaws, lawnmower, weed eater, and leaf blower. Putting everything up for the winter.

Thanks for the reminder. Nothing aggravating than stale gasoline in a chain saw. I finally switched to the synthetic pre-mix stuff after years of struggling with gas problems.

• Options

Time stops for no one. I've been at this for a long time now I'm posting this with a heavy heart..
    As much as I love cigars, bourbons and other fine whiskies, herfing, and everything that comes with it...it is taking up too much of my time. I am struggling to keep up with the everyday basics of cleaning and cooking and maintaining my home, so something has to give. I will be getting rid of my collection.
    Below is a list of what's available. Serious inquiries only, and please don't insult me with low offers.
    Thanks for reading and understanding this was not an easy decision and I feel bad about breaking the news to y'all like this...

• Options
    JGruveyJGruvey Posts: 627 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:

They're a lot of work. Gave mine up because I couldn't keep the nitrates under control. Pro tip: always underfeed.

Thanks for the pro tip. How do you know how much to feed is my bigger question lol 😂

• Options

True. Get a bird feeder.

Biological diversity evokes happiness
    More bird species in their vicinity increase life satisfaction of Europeans as much as higher income

"According to our findings, the happiest Europeans are those who can experience numerous different bird species in their daily life, or who live in near-natural surroundings that are home to many species."

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/12/201204110246.htm

• Options
    edited December 2020

@JGruvey said:

@ShawnOL said:

Thanks for the pro tip. How do you know how much to feed is my bigger question lol 😂

Always keep them a bit hungry. Feed half of what you think they need. Uneaten food = nitrates. Fish poop = nitrates. You will mainly control nitrates through water changes and vacuuming the sand bottom. Your biggest issue will always be nitrate control. The most popular way is using cheatomorpha macroalgae in a sump if regular water changes don't keep nitrates under control. Good luck.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,326 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ordered my groceries while smoking my pipe and drinking my coffee on the man patio.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,248 ✭✭✭✭✭

Set up our wintertime straight birdseed feeder. Now we have that, a sunflower seed feeder and a suet block. I think we have a nesting pair of Pileated Woodpeckers down in the spring hollow. I've been seeing them most every day hitting the block.

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got called in to work 2 problems on the Lear. Couldn't duplicate either one as is usually the case with that pig. One was a windshield heat failure that only happened in the descent from 40,000 ft and cured itself at 28,000. Just how the hell am I supposed to duplicate that on the ground?

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options

What do you think the cause is? Repeatable or just once?

• Options

Tell them not to descend any more.

• Options
    CtheHamCtheHam Posts: 205 ✭✭✭✭

@Trykflyr_1 said:
    Got called in to work 2 problems on the Lear. Couldn't duplicate either one as is usually the case with that pig. One was a windshield heat failure that only happened in the descent from 40,000 ft and cured itself at 28,000. Just how the hell am I supposed to duplicate that on the ground?

Have the new guy go out and blow on the pitot tube?

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

^^^^ I AM the "new" guy. LOL. There's an alternator for each windshield, one on each engine. All it does it power the heating elements. A couple sensors in each windshield control things through a brain box. If they get weird temps, voltages or amp outputs, the brain box trips the caution light. Latching logic gates keep the light on until the system power is cycled, which joe pilot does as soon as the light comes on. I just swapped the alternators left to right and it seems to have cured things. Probably just enough of an amp drop when the engines were brought to idle to trip the light.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,862 ✭✭✭✭✭

Missing smoking but I am going to the gym even more....... I guess.... that’s a ...... good thing?? 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭✭✭

^^^ Disagree
    Convert that shed to a smoke shack

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,326 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you smoke at the Gym?

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )