Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's the whole harness. it's shorted somewhere between the connector by that exhaust stack and the front end.
    Somewhere down there...

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,237 ✭✭✭✭✭

so, what do you do, replace both wires or do you have to find the place it is shorted?

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,753 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it's the brown wire shorting to the red wire that's your problem.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gotta replace the wire. It's a twisted pair of 20 gage wires inside an aluminum mesh sleeve. So I, or my cronies, get to unclamp the harness, disassemble tthe connectors at each end, remove the bad wire, install the new one, then reverse it all. Can't splice in a new one because we can't splice that close to a terminal end and finding the short is nigh impossible.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was going to have a cigar. I was ripping down shelving and whadayaknow.... pulled a muscle in my lower back..... I’ll be sitting here a while.

• Options

Ouch! Enjoy your cigar.

• Options

@Yakster said:
    Ouch! Enjoy your cigar.

Was..... was.

• Options
    GaryThompsonGaryThompson Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Vision said:
    I was going to have a cigar. I was ripping down shelving and whadayaknow.... pulled a muscle in my lower back..... I’ll be sitting here a while.

Hope it’s just a little tender.. that’s manageable and will fade. I’m praying for ya not to get those low back muscles going into spasm..
    Been there and wouldn’t wish that on anyone.

• Options

@GaryThompson said:

@Vision said:

Hope it’s just a little tender.. that’s manageable and will fade. I’m praying for ya not to get those low back muscles going into spasm..
    Been there and wouldn’t wish that on anyone.

This is the third time for me. I’ve had it spasm on me before. Just some rest, a little rub down, and I’ll be back at the gym hopefully next week. I know how I did it. I was more focused on these two chucklenutz at my gym then my form and bailed on a pull. They were getting a little too close for my comfort and I just bailed..... 😞

• Options

Ahhhh I see... Your warranty is almost expired. Mine is expired and shyte just falling apart, so I’ve had L5/S1 Microdiscectomy Surgery x2 😖

• Options

Fawk

• Options

@ForMud said:
    Mounted my new tars ......Had to tighten the 32 bolts in a star pattern 8 times to bring them up to torque....Times four tires....Bent over for four plus hours.....Now my back hurts too.

Daily driver?

• Options

Watching a bad 80s T&A movie Slumber Party Massacre and looking up the magnitude of a nearby quake, 4.2.

• Options

Drying some Samuel Gawith Full Virginia Flake to smoke in my new mod cob while I try and get through to someone from my health care facility to help me fill out a stupid phone. My call has been dropped twice so far, the first time I used the callback feature which was a handy way to have them call me in 25 minutes then hang up on me.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    Drying some Samuel Gawith Full Virginia Flake to smoke in my new mod cob while I try and get through to someone from my health care facility to help me fill out a stupid phone. My call has been dropped twice so far, the first time I used the callback feature which was a handy way to have them call me in 25 minutes then hang up on me.

Well, the FVF is good stuff. One good thing.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    MrShrekMrShrek Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

Water heater in my father in-laws room burst and flooded it. Now I am on day 2 of trying to get the carpet dry enough so it won't mold. I know I know you're jealous.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021

Lots and lots of 320g 62% Bovedas, just sayin'.

I feel your pain, Glenn, and know the pics don't tell the full story on how bad it really is.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rice!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pushed two wheelbarrow loads of firewood into my studio. I will burn the maple in the AM, the oak midday, and bank the fire at night with the hickory.

• Options

I’m just bored.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MrShrek said:
    Water heater in my father in-laws room burst and flooded it. Now I am on day 2 of trying to get the carpet dry enough so it won't mold. I know I know you're jealous.

That sucks! Sorry to hear it. Double whammy.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

@Trykflyr_1 said:

@MrShrek said:
    Water heater in my father in-laws room burst and flooded it. Now I am on day 2 of trying to get the carpet dry enough so it won't mold.

Go to your local rental shop & rent a couple floor dryer air movers. Think squirrel cage fan on steroids. They'll dry it and the underlayment in a few hours. Hit your homeowner's insurance up for the cost.

Have had 2 of them running since 6pm yesterday and the padding is still sopping wet.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,237 ✭✭✭✭✭

you use a wet vac too?

• Options

@silvermouse said:
    you use a wet vac too?

Yup and a carpet extractor.