Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

😂 how bout that wet carpet between the toes

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

Damn, man... that sucks!

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

Boxed up and brought to the attic my size 34 waist blue jeans until I lose an inch or two. Pandemic doldrums weight gain.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021

[redacted]

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

marathon vacuuming session, moving beds and furniture, doing the walls and ceiling. I sure do love housework.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,412 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    marathon vacuuming session, moving beds and furniture, doing the walls and ceiling. I sure do love housework.

You can head over here when you're done over there.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options

Peter, if I lived 1100 miles closer...and...if you were disabled I certainly would.

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,685 ✭✭✭✭✭

I pooped today

Don't look ↑
  • Options

Got to take a whirlwind tour of southwest Alaska. Broken plane in King Salmon (500 miles southwest of Fairbanks). Got called 15 minutes after I got home from my normal day. 8 hrs later I'm back home so I can go in at 8 AM.

• Options

It is always inspiring to run across wildlife, a reminder that we haven't killed them all off, yet. I walked under one of the peach trees a few days ago and flushed out a merlin who was watching the compost heap, flew inches above my head to the other side of the garden, looking pissed off, lol.

• Options

Ugh, the stock market manipulation by the Reddit crowd just got personal:

"Silver jumps 9%, the most in 11 years as Reddit traders try their squeeze play with the metal"

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/31/silver-futures-jump-7percent-as-reddit-traders-try-their-squeeze-play-with-the-metal.html

• Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    Ugh, the stock market manipulation by the Reddit crowd just got personal:

"Silver jumps 9%, the most in 11 years as Reddit traders try their squeeze play with the metal"

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/31/silver-futures-jump-7percent-as-reddit-traders-try-their-squeeze-play-with-the-metal.html

Just FYI, this silver squeeze is not the redditors who organized the Gamestop squeeze, it's the exact opposite.

Melvin Capitol is the company who shorted Gamestop. As a result of them almost going bankrupt, another investment company called Citadel purchased part of their company for billions of dollars, to give them the cash to close out their short positions. Citadel is one of the largest silver owners out there, they own something like $1,200,000,000 that people know of.

When you go on reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/ and look at the top posts, every one that mentions silver discourages people from buying it. There are hundreds of thousands of brand new reddit accounts spamming about silver, and every one of them is getting downvoted and criticized, if not banned altogether. The only ones getting upvoted are the ones pointing out the fact that it's not a good investment. CNBC is then going around and saying that reddit is fueling this price increase, and low information investors are seeing the headlines on social media and buying without doing research. It's playing out exactly how Citadel is hoping it would. Meanwhile, people on reddit are continuing to point out that GME is the only investment that this short squeeze will actually work on, due to the 100%> short shares aspect, and people on CNBC are continuing to pretend that they're saying otherwise. It's just an effort to get casual investors to get rid of their GME shares and jump onto the "next big thing", and it's working because some people are selling and most investment platforms are not letting anyone buy more than a few shares once the price dips. In terms of the "silver squeeze", Citadel is where your anger should be pointed.

I haven't invested any money into any of this personally, but I'm really rooting for these Redditors. I believe firmly in the free market, and in the importance of getting average Americans to turn money into assets, and that it shouldn't require millions of dollars. Hell, I just bought an apartment building instead of a house because of how much I believe this. This story has really upset me though, because while we all know in the back of our head that the market isn't really and truly free and equal, it's depressing to see it so blatantly proven. Be careful of the information you read about these redditors, it's a coordinated manipulation, and visiting the actual forum can tell you what's true or not.

• Options

Just to add, Melvin does not own any silver and shorted Gamestop, Citadel owns a ton of silver and a ton of gamestop short, meaning gamestop losses and silver profits balance out for Citadel. You can see the difference between the two companies as a result.

• Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

New U.S. Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen has recieved $700,000 in speaking fees from Citadel.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options

@IndustMech said:
    New U.S. Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen has recieved $700,000 in speaking fees from Citadel.

I don't remember who it is, but someone who works for Biden has a husband who works for Citadel as well.

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just tired.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭✭✭

I stopped at McDonald's yesterday and got a ten piece spicy nuggets for $5 and change. Today I bought a six piece for $2 and change. Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

got the 2" of ice off my car.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,412 ✭✭✭✭✭

Saturday I drove my car, maybe a 20min. trip, everything was fine. Didn't use the car Sunday, but plugged in my block heater and set the timer for a 5-hour warm-up for this morning. 9:30 am today, not even a click or a crank. The sucky part is that I was scheduled to be in the classroom at the drug & alcohol rehab I volunteer at, Teen Challenge, and I feel bad about canceling. (I feel almost as bad that I got up 2-3 hrs earlier than normal for nothing)

I put the battery charger on and after a few hours, it started fine. I just got back from a 50min. joyride, sightseeing, and letting the battery charge up some more. It just seems odd that the battery would go south in a day and a half. I realize they don't make batteries like they used to and that new car manufacturers are notorious for using the bare minimum when it comes to batteries (and tires too, I hear) but still... this car's only two years old.

Now, it's time for my blankie and a nap, followed by a well-deserved smoke.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

Start back on chemo Thursday, been off since November. No big deal, I don't get any bad side effects except for numbness in my hands.

• Options

@YankeeMan said:
    Start back on chemo Thursday, been off since November. No big deal, I don't get any bad side effects except for numbness in my hands.

Sorry you have to start up again. My hands finally are back to normal, my feet have eased up a lot with medication. I hated the cold sensitivity.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:
    I realize they don't make batteries like they used to and that new car manufacturers are notorious for using the bare minimum when it comes to batteries (and tires too, I hear) but still... this car's only two years old.

I like to put in the biggest, strongest battery that will fit.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

@deadman said:

@YankeeMan said:

Sorry you have to start up again. My hands finally are back to normal, my feet have eased up a lot with medication. I hated the cold sensitivity.

My hands are horrible. I can't pick up anything with my left hand and I don't think I will ever be off chemo, just have a hiatus from time to time. I'm lucky, my feet are fine and I'm not having any other side effects. Gabapentin and Lyrica are not doing anything.

• Options

^^^ That really sucks. I got most of my hands back a year or so after stopping chemo. I was terrified of dropping an engine part or something similar that costs more than my house to replace. Still have bad tinnitus from the Cisplatin crap they pumped me full of.

• Options

@YankeeMan said:

@deadman said:

@YankeeMan said:

My hands are horrible. I can't pick up anything with my left hand and I don't think I will ever be off chemo, just have a hiatus from time to time. I'm lucky, my feet are fine and I'm not having any other side effects. Gabapentin and Lyrica are not doing anything.

I’ve been off since July and taking Gabapentin the whole time.
    I’m done til the next go round, they said I would probably be clean for five to ten years before it comes back but with Lynch Syndrome that it would come back. You never know, hopefully you will get it beat and can stop.