Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    having a stronger than usual bout of anhedonia

That sounds terrible.
    Want to meet on the vher?
    I haven’t hurt anyone’s feelings today......yet.

Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,602 ✭✭✭✭✭

It ebbs and flows, goes with the territory.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭

Same here, Edward.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    MrShrekMrShrek Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

Busy day continues into the night with hvac repair. Heard a noise and smelt something burning through the air vent. Found two burnt wires at the heating coil. Replaced the wires and pulled the coil to replace it.

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fun with pressurization. Had a door seal fail yesterday. Couple hours to replace it, 12 or so for sealant to cure, hour test flight, better but not quite right. More sealant to fill all the little gaps that add up to a big gap, and more cure time. Another quick test hop this evening and my medics get a sea level pressure cabin up to 12,000 ft.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options

Put plastic cover in the doggie door to prevent the dogs from going outside and antagonizing the skunk that I smell out there. Luckily the dog that had already gone out there and barked her head off didn't get sprayed otherwise I'd be closing the barn doors after all the horses had gone.

Troubleshoot a network issue at home where the Roku stopped streaming and the wireless Internet went down. Traced it to the cable modem box enabling it's internal, unused Wi-Fi networks which were stepping all over my own mesh wireless router. Just glad that I didn't spend a lot of time trying to trace down this annoying problem.

• Options

Not quite spring yet...snowed again last night.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like break-up. Got your big rubber boots ready?

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    Looks like break-up. Got your big rubber boots ready?

Yup. And my fly rod...

• Options

One of my dogs cornered a skunk in the side yard and got sprayed tonight while I was vHerfing in the garage. Had to whip up a batch of de-skunkifying spray and take care of that mess. The living room is going to smell of skunk for a bit.

• Options

You'd think they would learn. I had a dog once that loved to go to the beach and roll in rotting seagull. He'd come back intolerably redolent and proud of it. Maybe your dogs like the smell?

• Options
    TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

Privada is opening up 100 slots tomorrow. Thought I remember someone was interested, maybe @Trykflyr_1

• Options

Decided to boycott the word "awesome".

• Options
    edited May 2021

Got called in at 1115 last nite (my on call stint didn’t start till midnite) to fix a pitot tube heat issue my “cow-orker” couldn’t figure out. Got into the hangar, no one here, no written turnover, no idea what he’d done or taken apart. Great way to start the day on 45 minutes of sleep. I basically started at step 1 and troubleshot it down to a bad relay. Took me a grand total of 4 hours to shoot, fix, close up & get the paperwork blessed. Gettin’ too old for this late night partying....

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

You sir are the best!

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options

@Patrickbrick said:
    You sir are the best!

Thanks....but it's not hard. Angry pixies in one side but not out the other when they oughta be is pretty telling. That and the wonderful aroma of fried electrical components. ..🤣🤣🤣

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    Decided to boycott the word "awesome".

Although I was compelled to put an "awesome" on this comment, I do have to admit that at times I find it overused, but, what the heck? We're just an awesome group.

Which brings me to a boring thought, I often don't respond to what I see on the "What are you smoking..." threads. Everyone is putting awesome, and it may well be, but half the time I have to look up the cigars that y'all are smoking. If I know the cigar, and think it's awesome, I put "awesome", or "like". But, heck, I don't know if it's awesome.

At this point many of you may think that this is the most awesome dry-beg ever, but it isn't. My cooler's full.

I must say, though, that watching the what are you smoking threads have introduced me to some stuff I wouldn't have otherwise tried. Most notably, @Usaf06 's love for BLTC got me interested, then someone sent me a Bishop's Blend, and Zowie! Awesome!

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

I notice people using the "awesome" button on not (my opinion) awesome cigars far to often.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    MrShrekMrShrek Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Patrickbrick said:
    I notice people using the "awesome" button on not (my opinion) awesome cigars far to often.

Perhaps it's the fact that said person is smoking a cigar that the viewer deemed to be awesome and had nothing to do with the cigar.

• Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Patrickbrick said:

I kind of agree with this, but obviously taste is subjective, so I assume they like it which means it’s awesome for them at least. Sometimes I’ll hold off though if it’s something I think is just not good under any circumstances.

• Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭

If your having a cigar, that's pretty awesome.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.