Home General Discussion
Options

Upcoming cigar release

Comments

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,172 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Cam_91 said:
    CIGAR NEWS: UNITED CIGARS ABUELO ANNOUNCED

Nashua, NH – United Cigars made the decision a couple years back that they wanted to find the right tobacco and partner with the right manufacturer for their latest launch; Abuelo. For the Abuelo line it seemed almost fitting to go with the Eiroa family that has been a longtime friend. This puro offers a smooth medium-to full-body, pulling rich earthy notes from the soils of Honduras followed by coffee grounds and leather.

Abuelo means grandfather is Spanish and the Abuelo line pays respect to our elders, the man who paved the way for all of us. Handmade in Honduras at Fabrica de Puros Aladino S.A in Las Lomas, Jamastran Honduras, under the watchful eye of tobacco legend Julio R. Eiroa. Abuelo uses authentic Honduran grown, Cuban-seed Corojo filler and binder wrapped with pristine, dark Honduran Habano wrapper.

“This is 100% tobacco from our farm,” said JRE Tobacco Co.’s President Justo Eiroa. “Filler and Binder are authentic Corojo with our Habano wrapper. A true puro from Julio’s farm.”

Nieto – 5 x 50 – $10.50 – Box of 20
    Nieta – 5 ¼ x 44 – $10.00 – Box of 20
    Padre – 6 x 52 – $11.50 – Box of 20
    Gran Abuelo – 6 ½ x 60 – $12.50 – Box of 20

Wrapper: Honduran Habano
    Binder: Honduran Corojo
    Filler: Honduran Corojo

All sizes of Abuelo are currently rolling out and shipping to retailers.

I got to smoke this one a few months ago. Not a bad stick but way overpriced at 10 bucks per....

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options
    Cam_91Cam_91 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

CIGAR NEWS: ANONYMOUS BY AJ FERNANDEZ ANNOUNCED AS SMOKE INN’S 17TH MICROBLEND

Smoke Inn Cigars has partnered with A.J. Fernández for the first time in the long-running MicroBlend Series, working closely with the acclaimed master blender to showcase the first Cameroon-wrapped cigar in the series to date.

Since 2010, Smoke Inn’s fan-favorite MicroBlend Series has grown to include a staggering 17 releases, spanning 13 manufacturers and a wide range of smoking styles. Now collaborating with A.J. Fernández, the Cameroon-wrapped category is featured for the first time, introducing the Anonymous by AJ Fernandez.

“I am excited and honored to finally include A.J. Fernández into the fold of our acclaimed MicroBlend Series,” commented Abe Dababneh, owner of Smoke Inn Cigars. “When we approached them with our idea for the blend, we were skeptical of wether they would be willing to try and make this cigar. Next thing we knew, samples were being sent. We were told that after trying the blend, A.J. Commented on how amazing it came out. We feel the same, and hope our fans do as well!”

Unique to the MicroBlend Series, Anonymous by AJ Fernandez has been crafted in two formats. This includes a classic figurado and a box-pressed variant, each sized at 6″ x 54. The blend begins with Nicaraguan tobaccos from A.J.’s own farms, incorporated into the cigar’s binder and filler components. This balanced yet zesty core is then finalized in a toothy Cameroon wrapper, awakening the palate with medium-bodied flavors of clean cedar, red pepper, toasted rye bread, and brown sugar sweetness.

Omar Fernandez, AJF Cigar Co. Director of Operations notes, “Being asked if A.J. would come up with a cigar for the Smoke Inn MicroBlend Series is one thing, but to have Abe actually make a special request with the blending and size is something else. When Abe and I were discussing the concept, he made some requests based on other cigars that we make. I made the request known to A.J. and he said he would have to try it first. He did, loved it, and now we get to enjoy Abe’s brainchild made by A.J. Fernández. That’s why I tell everyone that Honest Abe has a new title in 2021: Master Blender. The only problem was that A.J. decided to make a round and a box-pressed version of Anonymous. We couldn’t decide which one we preferred, so we decided to release them both! It’s an honor to have released the first Cameroon cigar in the MicroBlend Series, following so many great releases dating back over a decade.”

Anonymous by AJ Fernandez has been limited to 8,000 cigars (400 bundles of each format), priced at $11 per cigar. This unique experience will become available to purchase at smokeinn.com on June 30th at 3pm (Eastern). This will be followed by a virtual event later that night, streaming from 7–8:30pm and featuring both Abe Dababneh (and the Smoke Inn team) and A.J. Fernández.

• Wrapper: Cameroon
    • Binder: Nicaragua
    • Filler: Nicaragua
    • Factory: Tabacalera A.J. Fernández Cigars de Nicaragua
    • Production: Limited Edition (8,000 cigars)
    • Packaging: 10-ct bundles
    • Vitola: 6” x 54 (figurado & box-pressed)
    • Price: $110.00 / box (MSRP)
    • Release: June 30, 2021

• Options

NEED the box pressed version. Must have for me. I’ll post the link on the 30th

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure about the name, but the blend sounds good.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't be Anonymous if you know who made it. ?

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options

@peter4jc said:
    Can't be Anonymous if you know who made it. ?

Looks to be inspired by the hacker group Anonymous who’s symbol is the Guy Fawkes mask

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

$10/stick for an AJ House blend? I'll pass.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's my impression as well.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    edited June 2021

More for me @ShawnOL and @Yakster 😆😂😆. It's not going to suck!

I guess the difference between a house blend and a store exclusive is perspective then. The tat anarchy kaos and Flor de Caesar could also be labeled as house blends.

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options

Saka famous 80th
    Everything cfed (lol)
    Absolution
    And on and on and on...

• Options

Am I doing something wrong, cause $10 seems to be my average with cigars. Not that I don’t enjoy anything under ten bucks, but the ones that hit hard for me are at minimum $9 ea.

• Options

Today’s cigar spam

• Options

Don't let them harsh your mellow, young man. You are doing fine. Although I must say that I do enjoy many $4 cigars as well...

• Options

Cigar God

• Options

• Options

Fox

• Options
    RobbyCruzRobbyCruz Posts: 584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

@VegasFrank said:
    Saka famous 80th
    Everything cfed (lol)
    Absolution
    And on and on and on...

I guess the uboats are just some sh*tty house sticks lol.

• Options

• Options

Privada Club

• Options

Aged 7 months lol...sounds like something gurkha would market....

• Options

@VegasFrank said:
    Aged 7 months lol...sounds like something gurkha would market....

See, they age them at the factory

• Options
    edited June 2021

If anyone wants the old man and the c, neptunes is the place. 35 bucks and you can get 16% off if you use code DADSDAY. They have boxes of them.

https://www.neptunecigar.com/cigars/tatuaje-fausto-culebra

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

Corona still has some Lost Angel

• Options

Cigar God

• Options
    edited June 2021

JR

• Options

Yeah, besides, we have a pm thread for that 😆😆😆😆😆

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,112 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CharlieHeis said:
    Let's stick to cigar releases and not promote competitors deals on a forum hosted by cigar.com.

Thats my disagree. Ccom has to compete. Plus they don't sell everything that's posted

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Usaf06 said:

@CharlieHeis said:
    Let's stick to cigar releases and not promote competitors deals on a forum hosted by cigar.com.

Thats my disagree. Ccom has to compete. Plus they don't sell everything that's posted

I agree with the stuff they don't sell. I mentioned Bishops recently. We're the cigar nerds that are looking for all kinds of stuff and telling others where to find limited edition cigars is not what I find wrong. Posting a competitor's 25% off sale is different.