Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Political Discussions

Comments

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,877 ✭✭✭✭✭

@d_blades said:
    Frank, I certainly hope you're just enjoying stirring the pot. People have been "providing" ID and voting for many years by mail. I did and you probably did. I'm sure they will continue to do so. You certainly know it's not an either/or proposition.

Well I do just enjoy stirring the pot, but I'm 46 years old and never showed ID to vote except for one time in 2012, unless you count the paper voter ID card that the department of elections sent me every 2 years. To be fair, I didn't vote in 2016, and my wife filled out my mail-in ballot in 2020. I don't plan on ever voting again, to be honest, because it's the least productive thing any adult human being ever does.

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:

@peter4jc said:
    skosh; nounINFORMAL•US
    a small amount; a little.
    "the car could do with a skosh more room in the back"

Hey you read my post!

We all read your posts that why we refer to you as fūcking frank. You're my favorite energy vampire

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why is it democrats hate the idea of providing proof of ID to vote so much? It's almost as if they don't want a fair election.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022

@VegasFrank said:

So to say that this is a "large block" of voters is probably a little bit of an exaggeration. Even if it's not, I think that any reasonable person would realize that restricting all mail-in ballots would net Republicans a positive expected value.

Hmm, maybe. While we're assuming, let's also assume that about half the wives will vote with their husbands, also by mail-in ballot. So, let's say you're in charge of one of the parties, and you're perfectly willing to abandon 1.4 million votes? You don't think they'll make any difference?

Then there are those with civilian jobs who are also working out-of-state...think about it. Maybe 2 million votes? You don't want them? Or, perhaps you think they'll vote against your guy? It doesn't add up, to me. Elections have been won, or lost, by margins like this.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022

I'll stir, never mind

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@VegasFrank said:

So to say that this is a "large block" of voters is probably a little bit of an exaggeration. Even if it's not, I think that any reasonable person would realize that restricting all mail-in ballots would net Republicans a positive expected value.

Hmm, maybe. While we're assuming, let's also assume that about half the wives will vote with their husbands, also by mail-in ballot. So, let's say you're in charge of one of the parties, and you're perfectly willing to abandon 1.4 million votes? You don't think they'll make any difference?

Then there are those with civilian jobs who are also working out-of-state...think about it. Maybe 2 million votes? You don't want them? Or, perhaps you think they'll vote against your guy? It doesn't add up, to me. Elections have been won, or lost, by margins like this.

Sorry brother I have to correct you there. Wives must claim residency in the state in which they reside. There is no special exemption for them. My wife was a resident of every state that I was stationed in.

And since we're talking corrections, I'm also a DOD employee and I'm also not allowed to claim a state in which I do not live.

If you work in one state and live in the other, you vote in your state of residence.

So we are back to the original 600,000.

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    edited January 2022

Well, there's a change. Pretty sure my wife mailed hers in, again, it was a long time ago, so I may be wrong. I'm one of those pitiful humans who's often wrong.

I'm still not tossing 600,000 votes, but you might, seeing as how you think it's a waste of time anyway.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    edited January 2022

@d_blades said:
    I'll stir
    A person cannot mark behalf of a registered voter, except at the direction of the following persons:

I broke the law. Send the fbi. To make it worse, she's a liberal!

Edit: and I live in a swing state! Purple to the bone!

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    edited January 2022

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    Well, there's a change. Pretty sure my wife mailed hers in.

I'm still not tossing 600,000 votes, but you might, seeing as how you think it's a waste of time anyway.

No I may be crazy but I'm not stupid lol. If I can lose 600,000 votes on my side and force the other side to lose 3 million or more, then it's a win for me. That's all I'm saying brother.

Your wife may have mailed hers in and it may have changed since then, but I know since 1994 anyways, that spouses did not get to claim home state preferences.

Don't look ↑
  • Options

Because they already sacrificed Martha Stewart, silly.

• Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,943 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rule #1 The Captain is always right
    Rule #2 See rule 1

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone notice Joe isn't getting the criticism for killing the terrorists the former CiC did?

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭✭✭

@d_blades said:
    Anyone notice Joe isn't getting the criticism for killing the terrorists the former CiC did?

Of course not, Biden was/is the big medias candidate. They will handle him with kid gloves.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭

Big boy gloves because he's a big boy

• Options

Did he upgrade to pull-ups? I thought he was still in diapers.

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hobbes86 said:
    Did he upgrade to pull-ups? I thought he was still in diapers.

I love when people who disagree with a person's politics they attack the person directly. Like children on a playground.... "well....well...... my dad will beat up your dad!"

• Options

I don't make fun of people just for having a different political affiliation than me, @Vision. I poke fun at Biden from time-to-time because of the way he conducts himself.

• Options

Awwww someone flagged me? Boo!

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:
    Awwww someone flagged me? Boo!

Lame. Maybe some context will help. Wasn't he making fun of a mentally challenged person/people ? I don't recall.

• Options

I belive he was making fun of someone mentally or physically handicapped @CharlieHeis. It was very bad form on his part.

• Options

Yeah that's right. He was making fun of a reporter who had cerebral palsy or something else. I posted it up there in response to the topic of that day, which was that it's okay to make fun of someone when they're fuckīng moronic, which was to say that this was my justification for making fun of trump....

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭✭✭

2000mules.com

A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:
    Yeah that's right. He was making fun of a reporter who had cerebral palsy or something else. I posted it up there in response to the topic of that day, which was that it's okay to make fun of someone when they're fuckīng moronic, which was to say that this was my justification for making fun of trump....

I knew what you were getting at. I meant that it was lame that you were flagged, in case there was any confusion.

• Options
    Deadstroke174Deadstroke174 Posts: 548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022

@CharlieHeis said:

@VegasFrank said:

I knew what you were getting at. I meant that it was lame that you were flagged, in case there was any confusion.

Was probably just a fat finger mistake. My point of view is that both were right….one was an a$$hole and the other guy is a dumbass.