Home Non Cigar Related

Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022

Picking up my daughter and her boyfriend from the airport after their trip to the Azores with his family and friends. I was promised Portuguese cheese.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )

Helping my Wife decorate her classroom for the start of school.

I have never attended a school reunion. Many of my friends were in different grades.

Another one?

• Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

Phone rang at 9:30 last nite…”Get on a flight to Juneau ASAP & fix a light that got kicked off in their jet. Oh, yeah, you may have to fly to Ketchikan from there to fix a fuel leak. You might get home by Friday…”

“OK, Boss,” sez I, “ but I’m going home Wednesday cuz I’ve been on call for a month an’ a half & I’m starting vacation Thursday. Fire me if ya don’t like it…”

So here I sit in Anchorage waiting on a ride to Juneau….. meter’s runnin’…..🤣🤣🤣

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,287 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just replaced the front rotors and pads on my son's Ford fusion. I did the pads and rotors and took it for a spin. The left side was smoking. I pulled the wheel and caliper off and everything looked good but the sheet metal backer plate on one of the pads was loose, so I removed it and put everything back together. I took it for a spin and everything seemed fine, no smoke. About the time I got to route 3 (about ten minutes on the highway) it made a loud screeching sound for about five seconds and stopped. While on route 3 the screech came back for a longer time and then kept coming back and off again. It was smoking just a little when I parked it. Gonna need to take it to my mechanic and have him look at that left side. Everything looks right. I can't figure it out. The brakes work perfectly though. I need a shower and a cigar. I hate working on cars. It's always a headache.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL warning tabs on pads?

• Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:
    Just replaced the front rotors and pads on my son's Ford fusion. I did the pads and rotors and took it for a spin. The left side was smoking. I pulled the wheel and caliper off and everything looked good but the sheet metal backer plate on one of the pads was loose, so I removed it and put everything back together. I took it for a spin and everything seemed fine, no smoke. About the time I got to route 3 (about ten minutes on the highway) it made a loud screeching sound for about five seconds and stopped. While on route 3 the screech came back for a longer time and then kept coming back and off again. It was smoking just a little when I parked it. Gonna need to take it to my mechanic and have him look at that left side. Everything looks right. I can't figure it out. The brakes work perfectly though. I need a shower and a cigar. I hate working on cars. It's always a headache.

Wheel bearings bad?

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,287 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rdp77 said:
    @ShawnOL warning tabs on pads?

Amazingly, neither the old pads nor the new ones came with wear indicator tabs. Damn thing stops on a dime. He took it out for about 15 minutes last night and couldn't get it to make noise. Kid is going to drive to New Hampster and back BEFORE taking it to a shop to get it looked at. Smh.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s impressive.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got my pontoon tagged by the COE Friday. It's been tied up in front of our lake lot since Memorial Day, apparently it's consider abandoned after 24 hours and subject to impoundment. We are at the campsite 2 or 3 days a week, and I've been going down to move it, every few days we aren't there due to the constantly lower water level. My wifes family has owned lot and been tying boats up there for 40 years. Guess the Ranger was bored. Took it back to the dock which is about 12 miles away, for a couple of weeks. I hate to be burning the extra gas.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

New record?

• JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rdp77 said:
    New record?

@Jrflickster said:

@Rdp77 said:
    New record?

Yeah it must be a glitch in the matrix. They are popping up even when someone hasn’t been on in awhile.

My Internet went down during the vHerf. Managed to get it working again by playing with the cables and putting a fan on my gateway, seems like this happens every summer.