Home Non Cigar Related

Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am watching my neighbor snow blowing his driveway with a 40V Ryobi snow blower. I won't say much about how he's faring other than to say it looks like that Ryobi would make a good broom...

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭✭✭

^maybe he just wants a challenge

Meanwhile, in December, I haven't seen a whiff of snow in MA. Very strange

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

Shhhhh! I like it that way.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just got that too.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭

I must be doing something wrong.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,700 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:
    Time stops for no one. I've been at this for a long time now, and I'm posting this with a heavy heart..
    As much as I love cigars, bourbons and other fine whiskies, herfing, and everything that comes with it...it is taking up too much of my time. I am struggling to keep up with the everyday basics of cleaning, cooking and maintaining my home, not to mention coffee roasting, so something has to give. I will be getting rid of my collection.
    Below is a list of what's available. Serious inquiries only, and please don't insult me with low offers.
    Thanks for reading and understanding this was not an easy decision and I feel bad about breaking the news to y'all like this...

1. Dustpan and broom
    2. Sponges
    3. Toilet spray
    4. Mop and bucket
    5. Window cleaner
    6. Vacuum
    7. Dishwashing liquid
    8. Laundry detergent
    9. Fabric softener
    10. Laundry baskets
    11. Toilet brush
    12. Cleaning sprays

Listening to the radio this morning, some guy was promoting cleaning products as Christmas presents.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

My Wife still tells the story of an ex getting her a coffee pot when he was the one who drank coffee. Don't buy your wife a vacuum cleaner, coffee pot, or dustpan unless she asks.

I thought women love getting appliances and cleaning devices.

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022

@Yakster said:
    My Wife still tells the story of an ex getting her a coffee pot when he was the one who drank coffee. Don't buy your wife a vacuum cleaner, coffee pot, or dustpan unless she asks.

Also make sure you get the correct color, you don’t want to find out your wife hates the color red the hard way. @Stubble

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭✭✭

That was one of Marty’s favorite sayings! Don’tcha know! @peter4jc

Awesome. I remember STP stickers.

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

The band Stone Temple Pilots picked the name so they would be called STP.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

Careful folks:

Ahh, the flu. I miss it. Na masks, no pressure to get vaccinated.

Scientists finally know why people get more colds and flu in winter

"In fact, reducing the temperature inside the nose by as little as 9 degrees Fahrenheit (5 degrees Celsius) kills nearly 50% of the billions of virus and bacteria-fighting cells in the nostrils, according to the study published Tuesday in The Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology.

"Cold air is associated with increased viral infection because you've essentially lost half of your immunity just by that small drop in temperature," said rhinologist Dr. Benjamin Bleier, director of otolaryngology at Massachusetts Eye and Ear and an associate professor at Harvard Medical School in Boston."

"Not only do masks protect you from the direct inhalation of viruses, but it's also like wearing a sweater on your nose," he said.

Patel agreed: "The warmer you can keep the intranasal environment, the better this innate immune defense mechanism will be able to work. Maybe yet another reason to wear masks!"

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/06/health/why-winter-colds-flu-wellness/index.html

• Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:

Scientists finally know why people get more colds and flu in winter

"In fact, reducing the temperature inside the nose by as little as 9 degrees Fahrenheit (5 degrees Celsius) kills nearly 50% of the billions of virus and bacteria-fighting cells in the nostrils, according to the study published Tuesday in The Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology.

>

I dunno. I can drop the temp in my nose by 100 degrees just by stepping outside some days. Given this hypothesis, I oughta be sick all the time. There has to be more than just that….

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭

When it's colder in my house in the winter, 64* typically, I tend to have a runny nose more often and the boogers and snot give the viruses more gooiness to stick to.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭

Spent the morning making a paper pattern for a painting from four or five sketches I did last night. Put carbon paper on a 30"x30" canvas and transferred the pattern. Now I've got to chose colors. Spent a hour cleaning garlic from our garden to get away from art for awhile.