Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I think it's time to go outside and smoke another... Maybe a Padron '64 maduro in honor of my team losing tonight, and the DD that just popped up.

Sleep..? nah, none for me thanks. I only work until noon tomorrow!
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Indian Tabac Super Fuerte Maduro Toro

Sheesh... long name on that bad boy. I enjoyed it though. Posted a review in the Reviews section.
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    docbp87:
    Indian Tabac Super Fuerte Maduro Toro

Sheesh... long name on that bad boy. I enjoyed it though. Posted a review in the Reviews section.
    Solid stick, and for the price?. . . can't beat it.
  • Options
    coachjamiecoachjamie Posts: 337
    I had a Reposado '96 Connecticut last night. Burned nice and even, draw was excellent, but the flavor is not for me.
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    An Anejo 55 for me last night to celebrate the end of winter quarter. Tonight will be an El Triunfador to celebrate the end of the week.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Had a Flor del todo that brotheradam sent to me... definitely has that Reyes Family taste.
  • Options
    brainfrzbrainfrz Posts: 73
    I was hoping someone could help me out on what to smoke tonight. I recently purchased 7 house blend sampler and smoked the Brazilian label the other night (it was amazing). I've got the other 6 house blends in robusto and a torpedo of the Corojo. What should I smoke tonight...?
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    brainfrz:
    I was hoping someone could help me out on what to smoke tonight. I recently purchased 7 house blend sampler and smoked the Brazilian label the other night (it was amazing). I've got the other 6 house blends in robusto and a torpedo of the Corojo. What should I smoke tonight...?
    The corojo is a pretty good smoke as well, I would suggest that one. The brazilian label is my favorite of the house blends by far, and one of the better brazilian wrapped cigars I have had. I like it in the churchill and corona sizes the best. Enjoy whatever it is you decide to go with!
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Smoke=Fire:
    j0z3r:
    lol Smoke, I missed the RRS, thanks for bringing it back. :)

You're very welcome bud :D

If I dig for it, I can probably find it and bump the thread :P
    Ask and ye shall receive...plight of the involuntarily-retired: Good Ol' RRS

Countdown! 995
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    coachjamiecoachjamie Posts: 337
    brainfrz:

I just recently got the 7 piece sampler too. The Brazilian label is very good. I really like the Cuban label and Purple label as well. I have not had the Corojo yet, they sent me a Torpedo also. I think I may try the Corojo tonight.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    IT SF Maduro, 5 Vegas A, MOW Ruination (dang that was good), 5 Vegas A
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Rocky Patel 1990, I'd forgotten how rich and smooth these are.
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Cain Maduro Torpedo. Really liked this smoke. I'm curious about the difference between the Maduro and the Habano.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Had a Nicaraguan Primo... meh great room note and aroma but not my cup of tea as far as taste.
  • Options
    jacketsrulejacketsrule Posts: 401
    El Primer Mundo Criollo Maduro, Punch Uppercut
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I had a 5 Vegas A Anomaly today. I really like the aroma of these, but the flavor isn't strong enough to keep me interested. I like the AAA more, but even that one is a bit too light as well. I still need to try the cask strength, but I'm starting to think that while 5 Vegas is a good line, it may just not be for me.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Russ55:
    I had a 5 Vegas A Anomaly today. I really like the aroma of these, but the flavor isn't strong enough to keep me interested. I like the AAA more, but even that one is a bit too light as well. I still need to try the cask strength, but I'm starting to think that while 5 Vegas is a good line, it may just not be for me.
    I thought the Triple A was better than the CS2, but hey, everyones opinions are different. The Triple A is bold and full bodied but not super spicy. Very well balanced, much like a Diesel that has rested for a while or a LHCOF. No surprise here though, same blender.
  • Options
    brotheradambrotheradam Posts: 896
    Good way to end the week with a nice cigar under the stars on the patio, had my first Verdadero courtesy of lilwing88, good draw, good burn, pretty good smoke.
  • Options
    It was pretty cold out, so I opted for a slightly smaller smoke than I would normally go for on a friday night. I lit up a CCom Brazilian Label. I enjoyed it, but not quite as much as I expected to based on the reviews I have read. I will definitely give this stick another shot though, as this one had some very bizarre burn issues (even with a touch up here and there, I ended up with one side burning twice as fast as the other, but only the wrapper. The filler burned too far internally on both halves.)
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i have a tiny bit of catching up. the other day i had an EO 601 Oscuro. i have to say this is my favorite cigar from Jose “Pepin” Garcia i have had so far. i have yet to smoke all of the blends hes put out but this one is great.

i also had a viaje. i cant remember the exact name of the blend i had but it was not the 50/50. it wasnt bad but it didnt stand out in my mind. i had many burn issues. i was told half way through that they were shipped in the day before. probably just too fresh. if they last long enough ill get another in a few weeks and see how it goes.
  • Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    This afternoon was a Cuba Libre, it was meh. Not bad, not good, just ok. Nice finish though. Tonight was a Gurkha Vintage Shaggy robusto. Great smoke IMO.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I went to a Davidoff event last night, so I ended up smoking several high end cigars. First up though, early on, was a 5 Vegas Gold robusto, nice and light. Then came a 5 Vegas Classic robusto, smoked about half of it as I really wasn't feeling it. Fast forward a little while and I smoked an Avo XO churchill on the way to the event. Once at the event I was handed a Winston Churchill Blenheim, which is the churhcill vitola, and so I lit that bad boy up and it was incredible, a $30 cigar and they hand them out like nothing, my kind of people. After buying my Davidoff cigars to get in on the raffle I lit up the new Avo LE10 which boasts as being a full bodied offering, and while it wasn't feeling full bodied at first, by the time I had smoked into the final third I was feeling it, not overt strength, but sneaky strength, the kind where you go to stand up and find yourself wobbling, very good cigar though, quite different from the other Avo cigars. On the ride home I enjoyed one of The Griffins which was a pleasant mild cigar, interesting flavors. Finally my night ended with an Avo Signature robusto, which was nice for a while but got kinda boring and finally bitter in the last couple inches.

I'm going to be paying later, my throat already feels a little abused. Great time though and some great cigars were had.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    j0z3r:
    I went to a Davidoff event last night, so I ended up smoking several high end cigars. First up though, early on, was a 5 Vegas Gold robusto, nice and light. Then came a 5 Vegas Classic robusto, smoked about half of it as I really wasn't feeling it. Fast forward a little while and I smoked an Avo XO churchill on the way to the event. Once at the event I was handed a Winston Churchill Blenheim, which is the churhcill vitola, and so I lit that bad boy up and it was incredible, a $30 cigar and they hand them out like nothing, my kind of people. After buying my Davidoff cigars to get in on the raffle I lit up the new Avo LE10 which boasts as being a full bodied offering, and while it wasn't feeling full bodied at first, by the time I had smoked into the final third I was feeling it, not overt strength, but sneaky strength, the kind where you go to stand up and find yourself wobbling, very good cigar though, quite different from the other Avo cigars. On the ride home I enjoyed one of The Griffins which was a pleasant mild cigar, interesting flavors. Finally my night ended with an Avo Signature robusto, which was nice for a while but got kinda boring and finally bitter in the last couple inches.

I'm going to be paying later, my throat already feels a little abused. Great time though and some great cigars were had.

Wow - seems like a great night. I would be H U rting today after that smoke fest.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Finally my night ended with an Avo Signature robusto, which was nice for a while but got kinda boring and finally bitter in the last couple inches.
    i suspect that since you had a full bodies cigar and a ton of other cigars before that one, you were smoking a bit fast to try and get more flavor. this is one of the reasons why i will never smoke a mild cigar later on in the day when i had a strong one previously. you may want to revisit that cigar soon.

i like the churchill line of cigars as well. i think they are very good but not quite the $20 worth of good they claim to be. AVO domaines are worth every penny and i really wanna try the LE10. my B&M just got em in. i may have to pick one up. there is a rumor that they are gunna have a davidoff tasting event as well. i will request off work for that one. i hear the davidoff tasting events are out of this world. those are the events where you get the 4 cigars that showcase how davidoff blends the cigars and why.
  • Options
    Smoked a NUB Connecticut this morning. I think I have pretty much gotten to the point where I can say that I'm not a huge fan of Connecticut wrappers. It just does not do it for me.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    j0z3r:
    Finally my night ended with an Avo Signature robusto, which was nice for a while but got kinda boring and finally bitter in the last couple inches.
    i suspect that since you had a full bodies cigar and a ton of other cigars before that one, you were smoking a bit fast to try and get more flavor. this is one of the reasons why i will never smoke a mild cigar later on in the day when i had a strong one previously. you may want to revisit that cigar soon.

I think my palate may have been a little overworked, but I wasn't smoking fast or having trouble getting flavor. I can't smoke Avo cigars fast, it's just not something I'm able to do. Regardless though, I'm going to give it a shot at some other point, but that particular cigar at that particular time wasn't right for me.
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    docbp87:
    Smoked a NUB Connecticut this morning. I think I have pretty much gotten to the point where I can say that I'm not a huge fan of Connecticut wrappers. It just does not do it for me.
    I don't smoke many of them, but when I do, I really enjoy them because I will get flavors out of them that I don't get with my favorite, the habano wrapper. I'd save them for a rainy day. My tastes change all the time.
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    j0z3r:

Joe sounds awesome. I remember seeing the poster for that event. I like your shop there a lot!
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    I had a Gurkha Titan that I got from a trade with The Cank. It was a good but I wouldn't buy any.
  • Options
    Sandman1am:
    j0z3r:

Joe sounds awesome. I remember seeing the poster for that event. I like your shop there a lot!
    It was a sweet event Tony. Davidoff cigars are pricey, but after going to that event and meeting the rep I'm more inclined than I was before to buy Davidoff products when I can. I really got the feeling that they want people to enjoy their cigars, not just buy them.