Home General Discussion

Breaking Cigar News

Comments

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,049 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yikes, wholesale price is somewhere around 40 or 50%!

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭

:(

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )

Probably be workarounds, like BOGO, etc. if sales drop.

@Rdp77 said:

And I just realized it says wholesale price of $12…not retail

The cigar part of the legislation only applies to flavored cigars. Flavored cigars costing $12 and up will be exempted. Shouldn't affect most of the cigars I buy.

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just got an email that Opus X's were up at Smokingpipes.

Don't get excited, I went straight there and all sizes were "Currently out of stock".

What a tease!

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,059 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is there a certain one you’re looking for @Amos_Umwhat?

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rdp77 said:
    Is there a certain one you’re looking for @Amos_Umwhat?

I like all that I've tried, but am particularly fond of the Perfexxion or the 77.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

hitting the stores now:

Warped Upper Realm

The Warped Upper Realm is a Nicaraguan puro made using tobacco from AGANORSA Leaf and produced by AGANORSA Leaf’s Agricola Ganadera Norteña S.A. factory in Estelí, Nicaragua. Specifically, the wrapper is a corojo 99 varietal grown in Jalapa, the binder is a corojo 2012 leaf grown in Estelí, and the filler uses 50 percent criollo 98 from Estelí, 40 percent corojo 99 from Jalapa, and 10 percent corojo 99 from Condega.

The cigar measures 5 x 48 and comes in 200-count boxes, with 250 of those boxes produced.

200 count boxes?? What the hell

• EgoBoundaryEgoBoundary Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who wants to go halfsies ?

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭

@EgoBoundary said:
    Who wants to go halfsies ?

Not sure I want to share but I'd send you a couple.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis

BYRON 1850 LINE LAUNCHES AT THE BYRON CIGAR LOUNGE
    November 9, 2022 Press Release
    Cigar NewsNew CigarsNew Releases

On November 17th the US will enjoy the latest addition to the Selected Tobacco portfolio at the Byron Cigar Lounge in Schaumburg, IL. The Byron 1850 line was created in anticipation of celebrating nearly 175 years of the Byron family line and shares a distinguished portfolio with a current line of luxury brands: Alfonso, Atabey, Byron and Bandolero. Selected Tobacco started with the vision of Nelson Alfonso, to offer the market cigars that are aged with a purpose. All the Selected Tobacco lines are placed into cedar lined rooms after they are rolled, the cigars are “cleaned” as they age with cedar notes. Humidity is raised and lowered to allow the cigars to breathe anywhere from two to five years depending on the line.
    “Cedar is to cigars as oak is to wine,” said Nelson Alfonso. “The years we take to age the cigars in this process have a purpose and we hope this is appreciated in the smoke.”

The Byron 1850 line ages in a separate room, this was an experiment Nelson was testing after learning the complexity French Oak could offer. Some of the most famous wines in the world use French Oak barrels and this became an obsession to incorporate a new wood into the aging rooms for Nelson. The results after five years of post-roll age in Cedar and French Oak aging rooms are the Byron 1850 and the recently released Alfonso Añejos.

Byron 1850 will be packed in cedar lined boxes of 25 cigars with logo embossed hinges and a push button clasp in the front. The top and sides feature golden print on a dark, glossy walnut exterior finish with soft felt on the bottom of the box. The first release will consist of the No. 1- 8 x 54, No.2- 7 x 56, No.3- 6 x 52, No. 4- 5 x 50 and two additional vitolas for events only. The Grand Bouquet (Perfecto) 6 x 58 and the Liricos (Diadema) 9 1⁄4 x 55 will be featured at the Byron Cigar Lounge and the Industrial Cigar Atabey Private Lounge this month. Future events have been scheduled with retailers who will then have access to the event only vitolas.

Byron 1850
    Wrapper: Ecuadorian
    Binder: Peruvian
    Filler: Dominican & Nicaraguan
    Qty: 25 Count Boxes
    MSRP: $42-$75 Based on the Vitola

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,287 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fancy.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Deadstroke174Deadstroke174 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately those are some of the best cigars i have ever had. I say unfortunately because they aren't cheap lol I have tried the #1 and #3

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

ME2 ☹️

Don't look ↑

That’s my favorite of the La Mission too.

• JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,547 ✭✭✭✭✭

Should write a letter

Taking it to social media might be more persuasive. Start an online petition.

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rdp77 said:

I’m guessing Pete is setting up another NFT.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.

• TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmmm, A-B is one of my favorite brands. How do these things typically go? Does the product change much? Eliminating some labels, putting new management in place, or what?