Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭✭✭

@First_Warrior said:
    I cut through our county fairgrounds on my morning walk and saw a flock of Robins. Spring is starting to show up.

I had a robin in the yard yesterday, my crocus have been out a couple of weeks, so I've been watching for them.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    MrShrekMrShrek Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭✭✭

The wife ordered more 🐣…guess it’s time to go shopping 🛒 😬

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,838 ✭✭✭✭✭

You still got that truck tent topper?

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,455 ✭✭✭✭✭

No food or coffee since 6 pm last night! Bloodwork this morning! Sucks!

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

Enjoying watching a single sentry crow fly around calling in reinforcements as a large hawk circles their territory. Quite often an aerial battle ensues.

• Options

Thanks a lot @peter4jc you jinxed me lol. Just killed my first big àss mosquito of the year

• Options
    TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

My wife and I did a hike this afternoon at a local natural area, about a 5 mile loop with about a 450' elevation change. My knees began to hurt at about 3.5 miles, and were killing me for the last 3/4 mile downhill section. I have my feet up now with an ice pack on them. I am afraid any long hikes, especially with hills, are out of the question for me any more. It's no fun hiking in pain. I had hoped to do some hiking in Glacier NP before I die. I may have to be satisfied with walks under 3 miles. Grrrr.

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glucosamine/Chondroitin with Turmeric may help those aching knees. At 76 yearsI walk about 2 1/2 miles every day up and down hills and my hips were giving me fits last fall. I talked to my ortho doc at the VA ( West Point grad) and he suggested I try the supplement. Works for me but takes about three weeks to see any effect.

• Options
    TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭✭✭

@First_Warrior , thanks. I am limited to the joint supplements I can take, since I have an allergy to shellfish, and most joint supplements contain a shellfish ingredient. I know some don't, but I haven't found them to be helpful. In the past, strengthening my knees by regular walking and exercise has been helpful, but it seems to be less so as I "gasp" get older.

• Options

Prepping for an FDA Inspection tomorrow! Always fun! Not my first rodeo, but still ruins my day worrying!

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck, Charlie.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,297 ✭✭✭✭✭

Having a fun day, morning with the doctor and afternoon with a new tax cpa guy. I hope Charles had more fun with the health inspector.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,297 ✭✭✭✭✭

Replaced my OralB toothbrush, the old one's battery reached end of life, and the damned thing will connect with an app on the phone via Bluetooth. Just why??? I swear humans are getting senile as a requirement for good citizenship. Also, this:

Find treatment for common health concerns with Amazon Clinic—no visits or video calls needed.
    Get started
    How Amazon Clinic works
    STEP 1
    Choose a concern
    Choose from a list of more than 20 everyday health concerns. We'll ask some questions about your symptoms and health history.

STEP 2
    Message with a clinician
    A clinician will review your answers and reach out with any questions.

STEP 3
    Receive your personalized treatment
    Your clinician will send your treatment plan, including a prescription, if you need one.

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    Replaced my OralB toothbrush, the old one's battery reached end of life, and the damned thing will connect with an app on the phone via Bluetooth. Just why??? I swear humans are getting senile as a requirement for good citizenship. Also, this:

Find treatment for common health concerns with Amazon Clinic—no visits or video calls needed.
    Get started
    How Amazon Clinic works
    STEP 1
    Choose a concern
    Choose from a list of more than 20 everyday health concerns. We'll ask some questions about your symptoms and health history.

STEP 2
    Message with a clinician

STEP 3
    Your clinician will send your treatment plan, including a prescription, if you need one.

Your clinician is probably an AI, if not now, it will be shortly.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options

@d_blades said:

@silvermouse said:

Get started
    How Amazon Clinic works
    STEP 1
    Choose a concern

STEP 2
    Message with a clinician

STEP 3

Your clinician is probably an AI, if not now, it will be shortly.

Yeah, unlimited Chats with your GP(t).

• Options

What exactly is a clinician and how are they authorized or qualified to diagnose and write prescriptions?

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭✭✭

Amazon paid the politicians a bunch of money to be qualified.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

Waiting for the parade to start. As soon as my grandson marches by, I’m done!

• Options
    edited March 2023

Charlie and I decimated the Hampton Inn bathroom in Milwaukee a few years ago when the cleaning staff walked out leaving guests unable to check in the inn.