Home General Discussion

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭

@11thGenSoutherner said:
    Howdy, long time cigar smoker that just recently got back into it after a few years off. I've been lurking in the forum for a couple weeks and posted to a few threads but thought I ought to make one here. Looking forward to chatting with y'all at some point.

Hiya buddy

Don't look ↑
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome, @11thGenSoutherner .

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭

@11thGenSoutherner said:
    Howdy, long time cigar smoker that just recently got back into it after a few years off. I've been lurking in the forum for a couple weeks and posted to a few threads but thought I ought to make one here. Looking forward to chatting with y'all at some point.

Where you at?

• Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome @Bingo_13. Pull up a chair and enjoy the ride. There’s plenty to learn here. Some you’ll be glad to learn and a lot you probably won’t. Just read the room a little and keep some thick skin.

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome aboard, Eli @Bingo_13 .

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

Nice to meet you @Bingo_13

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome, Eli!

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome aboard.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

Welcome @Bingo_13

• Bingo_13Bingo_13 Posts: 2

Thanks everyone! Enjoyed a Oliva Serie V Melanio Maduro today that blew me away. Hands down my favorite and most enjoyable smoke to date.

• Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023

I'm late to the party, but welcome @11thGenSoutherner, @Sampson, and @Bingo_13!

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• 11thGenSoutherner11thGenSoutherner Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hobbes86 said:
    I'm late to the party, but welcome @11thGenSoutherner, @Sampson, and @Bingo_13!

Thank you very much

Good to see you’ve finally made it in here @TXCigar12. We’re still there every night. As far as still learning…we all are. But there’s a ton of good information to be found in these threads.

@TXCigar12 welcome aboard, have enjoyed smoking with you on the herf.

• Bushbr89Bushbr89 Posts: 6

Hi all.

My name is Benjamin. I have always had a passing interest in cigars, and have more recently gotten into smoking pipe tobacco.

A recent job change has me in smoking lounges and cigar shops more often for work, so I would love to learn more about the industry and culture of smoke shops and cigars. I would also love to make any potential business connections if possible, my company is currently catering to heavy smokers and would love to help out fellow tobacco enthusiasts with their smoking rooms and lounges.

Good to meet you @Bushbr89. Would have been better under different circumstances. This isn’t the platform to promote business. Congrats on your new position and good luck in your future endeavors. You decide you just wanna have a smoke without it tasting like SPAM we’ll be around.

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bushbr89 said:

Because I'm going to be working more with people in cigar lounges and shows, my main hope is just to become more knowledgeable about cigars so that I can more easily talk and connect with potential customers. I'm not here to make any sales.

1. Just for the record, what is your job all about? Sounds like it's about ventilation equipment.
    2. This forum is a great place to learn about cigar stuff and pipes. The search feature is a great way to find information on a specific topic by rummaging through old threads with tons of questions and conversation.
    3. We have a remote video conference session where we get on a Zoom call and smoke cigars and BS about everything, including cigars. You can usually find some guys logged on nightly beginning around 7:00pm central. Here's a link. https://forum.cigar.com/discussion/900837/new-vherf-zoom/p1

@Bushbr89 welcome to the forum

Good to meet you @PimpHandProper. You’ll find a lot of good info here if you search through the threads. You’ll also find that a lot of us also suffer from C.A.S. (cigar acquisition syndrome). There’s also a virtual herf basically every night on zoom starting around 8:30-9:00 est. You can find the info in the New VHerf thread.

• PimpHandProperPimpHandProper Posts: 24 ✭✭

ill check it out

_"Life's too short for a bad cigar..." _Click to Join The Worlds Largest Cigar Discord Server!

Welcome aboard @PimpHandProper

Welcome @PimpHandProper

• SampsonSampson Posts: 92 ✭✭✭✭

Welcome To all of the new folks that have recently joined. Great community of folks in here hope to see you all of the vherf one evening. @TXCigar12 glad to see you joined the forum.