Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Hows your Weather?

Comments

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,718 ✭✭✭✭✭

And hoping Calvin wasn't scathed by the weather.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,738 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad you're both safe.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭✭✭

@0patience , you get through the night? Everything passed south of me last night, but your area didn't look so good. All looked to be headed towards @TNBigfoot68 and @Bob_Luken 's part of the state when I turned in.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,410 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:
    Glad you're both safe.

Agreed

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was up much of the night. First thing I saw was Nashville channel 4 telling me that 100 miles southwest of me there was tornado warning "with rotation" indicated by radar right on top of my son's place, (he was not there) and then the same system came towards me only to pass a little to the south. I'm reading reports that this destroyed ten homes southeast of Murfreesboro. (My son checked his surveillance cameras and could not see any damage at his place.)
    https://www.tennessean.com/story/weather/2023/03/31/nashville-weather-severe-storms-high-winds-friday-night-in-middle-tennessee/70065838007/

@MrShrek how are things in your neighborhood?

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    @0patience , you get through the night? Everything passed south of me last night, but your area didn't look so good. All looked to be headed towards @TNBigfoot68 and @Bob_Luken 's part of the state when I turned in.

We did ok. Weather pounded us pretty good and my son's had to shelter for about 45 minutes, cause there was one tornado that looked like it was headed for north of Parker Crossroads, where they are staying.
    Luckily, it didn't do anything there.
    Looks like a few touched down near Jackson and Milan.

We're between Parkers Crossroads and Lexington right now and everything went around us. So we were ok most the night.

Hopefully, Huntingdon didn't take much damage, cause we close on the house Tuesday. 🤣

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭✭✭

How about @d_blades has anyone heard from him?

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭✭✭

We regularly have tornados in my area but I'm in MO, not TN. Thanks for thinking of me. :)

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options

@d_blades said:
    We regularly have tornados in my area but I'm in MO, not TN. Thanks for thinking of me. :)

Yeah I knew it wasn’t just Tennessee that got hit last night. Glad all is well.

• Options

@d_blades said:

St Louis area had a pretty strong weather front that moved in around 8:00 last night.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023

@0patience said:

@Amos_Umwhat said:

We did ok. Weather pounded us pretty good and my son's had to shelter for about 45 minutes, cause there was one tornado that looked like it was headed for north of Parker Crossroads, where they are staying.
    Luckily, it didn't do anything there.
    Looks like a few touched down near Jackson and Milan.

We're between Parkers Crossroads and Lexington right now and everything went around us. So we were ok most the night.

Hopefully, Huntingdon didn't take much damage, cause we close on the house Tuesday. 🤣

Glad you guys are safe. I was in Lexington last week for visitation at a downtown funeral home, took me 2 hours to drive it. I say this so that it sinks in, this tornado traveled from that area to Murfreesboro which is 45 minutes east of me. That was a crazy storm.

I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Options
    edited April 2023

Evidently, one tornado traveled from Collierville to Cedar Grove.
    Those distances are insane.

We were lucky and everything went either north or south of us.
    The closest one to us went by Clarksburg.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

Heard by text from Glenn @MrShrek . They're OK.

• Options
    MrShrekMrShrek Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for checking on the local ogre @Bob_Luken !

• Options

We've had them stay on the ground for over 7 miles. In the last four years I've had them within 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile on three sides.

• Options

Time for a bomb/storm shelter.

• Options

Hit 90 yesterday…56 with a cool breeze today

• Options

The weather guesser promised 70 today. She lied.

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

Still not spring….

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

Easter Sunday was upper 60's and sunny, and that started the parade of sunny 70's and low 80's, expected into Friday, before mid-40's and rainy on the weekend. I've been circling the sun long enough to know that some great weather in April is short-lived, but man alive, it's nice to have when you have it.

One of the things that I always find peculiar is how each new season seems like it's the first time I'm experiencing it. It's like a year is the perfect amount of time to enjoy and forget what happened last year and be amazed at the renewal life gives.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options

I've been enjoying the weather too. Got the new Solar Generator charged up in two days, the family has been out in the yard getting the garden ready, and @Vision came out of winter hibernation and joined us for a cigar on vHerf last night.

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    I've been enjoying the weather too. Got the new Solar Generator charged up in two days, the family has been out in the yard getting the garden ready, and @Vision came out of winter hibernation and joined us for a cigar on vHerf last night.

I hope you all are ready for the gun show. Sleeveless shirt comes out in a few weeks.

• Options

I'm ready! (I can always turn off your video)

• Options

i'm glad someone somewhere is getting warm. Still....not spring.

• Options
    edited April 2023

Back to winter with hard freezes forecast the next two nights. My neighbor that has a vegetable stand is not impressed.

• Options

Glowbull warmening my achin azz…