Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Stupid **** that pops into my head

Comments

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023

Seeing a news article about Elizabeth Holmes going to jail the morning, I started thinking about Martha Stewart going to jail a while back.

We all knew there's long been insider trading, and when it looked like the general populace might be starting to give it some serious thought, "Send Martha Stewart to jail!" Maybe she was guilty, it seemed sort of weak to me in comparison with the miraculous investing acumen demonstrated by some in high places.

More recently, it has seemed that people are finally catching on to the rapine nature of capitalism and what happens when reasonable restrictions are removed. Check out Silvermouse's recent post regarding the antics of Humana "Advantage" plans and CEO remuneration for an example.

It's as if someone, some group, somewhere suddenly notices; "They're catching on to us!", and then, "Quick, send a wealthy woman to jail and distract them with tales of the horror of it all."

Stupid sh**t that pops into my head.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, for instance, this:

Minnesota wanted to curb health spending. Mayo Clinic had other ideas.
    The battle showed how hard it can be to tackle rising health care costs.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/05/30/minnesota-health-spending-mayo-clinic-00098460

• Options
    edited June 2023

Will we live to see a time when the politics of diversity become the politics of unity?

I'm tired of division.

Divided we fall.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

@peter4jc said:
    ^^^ Same here... really looking forward to some sort of one-world government. :-)

I should point out, for those who may be confused, that what @peter4jc is proposing here is NOT what I was talking about.

At All.

He just gets carried away with his Hillary dreams sometimes, Peter, a one-world government is a stupid idea, you need to give up on that goal. I know you feel that if you just hold that banner high enough Hillary will leave her girlfriend for you, but dude, get over her. She's just not your type. Maybe if you wore a dress...

:D

The point I WAS making is; as long as we continue to highlight and focus on our differences, rather than our common bonds, that the problems of divisiveness will continue to plague us. It's time to emphasize our citizenship doesn't hinge on race, sex, etc., and quit telling the public that those are important to ones identity. Stop it.

Let the same laws and rules apply to all, and let's talk about that instead of enforcing the insignificant differences that wouldn't matter if certain groups didn't keep things like racism alive. Think Al Sharpton. That guy's done more to keep racism fresh and vital since 1965 than nearly anyone else alive. I'm tired of it.

I don't think the alphabet crew deserves a whole lot of special attention, either. Live and let live goes both ways. If you're going to pretend you're something else, fine. I'm going to laugh about it, and that needs to be fine, too. You do you, I'll be me.

Also, to be clear, I love Peter dearly as a friend, so I have to fokk with him a little, just like he was doing me. Folks who don't know us could be misled.

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭✭✭

Frigging hilarious, Steve and Peter you better just get along

A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭✭✭

If the make a chocolate frozen yogurt, can we call it bro-yo?

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭✭✭

Someone should bioengineer ants so they eat clover and dandelions

• Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    Our lawn is largely made up of clover, moss, weeds, and dandelions, lol. Bees love the flowers, the bunnies eat the clover too, and it fixes nitrogen. Dandelions have deep tap roots that bring nutrients up to the surface and make a delicious spring greens. Dandelion flowers are used to add bouquet to fruit wines. But I understand why some lawn owners wouldn't like these things, most of our neighbors prefer broadeaf weed killers, pre-emergence chemicals, insecticides, moss killers, high nitrogen fertilizer, and fungicides.

I sometimes harvest my dandelions for use in salads. But I mostly leave them for the bees.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options
    edited June 2023

never mind

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    never mind

I bet it was good. Wish I'd seen it. Did anybody see it, or better yet have a screenshot?

• Options

a chat AI program can find out or if it can't it can make up something which is just as good as the truth ^

• Options

@Bob_Luken said:

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    never mind

I bet it was good. Wish I'd seen it. Did anybody see it, or better yet have a screenshot?

too inflammatory

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s what I meant 😁

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

If your brain was a Boveda, what percentage would it be?

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do they make them in 16s?

• Options

I had the kid's song Three Blind Mice going through my addled brain yesterday and realized it was a cautionary tune to teach kids not to be irritating the mom. Then I realized The Three Stooges used that tune in the intro...grownup ne'er-do-wells acting like irksome children.

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting note: the song “ring around the rosey” originated during the plague

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,781 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023

@Rdp77 said:

Damn, are we that interesting???

werz da x-spurts, dis sight comes up on the furst page uf moist seegar searchez.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )